GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   The Spam-Bots are KILLIN me, son! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=109885)

G-Kue 1911 01-19-2010 09:09 PM

My sweet NJP could never come off mad....well unless you diss those....uuuuugh cowboys...but even then she rocks a lil!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle (Post 1887017)
Sorry if I came off mad. I was just tired. We've got a massive storm (San Francisco) passing overhead and I got a 5:20 am thunder-above-my-house-wake-me-up-and-set-off-all-the-neighborhood-car-alarms-and shake the house salute. OYE.:)

NinjaPoodle 01-19-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Kue 1911 (Post 1887024)
My sweet NJP could never come off mad....well unless you diss those....uuuuugh cowboys...but even then she rocks a lil!

:cool:

cheerfulgreek 01-19-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle (Post 1887017)
Sorry if I came off mad. I was just tired. We've got a massive storm (San Francisco) passing overhead and I got a 5:20 am thunder-above-my-house-wake-me-up-and-set-off-all-the-neighborhood-car-alarms-and shake the house salute. OYE.:)

You didn't come off mad. I think you're doing a good job.:)

ThetaDancer 01-20-2010 08:27 AM

Yikes. They're back in full-force again today.

DaemonSeid 01-20-2010 08:28 AM

you don't what to play poker???

No Strip poker??

agzg 01-20-2010 08:34 AM

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

I realize the mods and super mods are doing their best. This poker guy is driving me berserk though.

ThetaDancer 01-20-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaemonSeid (Post 1887173)
you don't what to play poker???

No Strip poker??

I'm going to have to pass on the poker and the opportunities that await at the "Tata Institute," being advertised in the Social Forum.

SydneyK 01-20-2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agzg (Post 1887187)
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

I realize the mods and super mods are doing their best. This poker guy is driving me berserk though.

Ditto.

groovypq 01-20-2010 10:09 AM

Holy crap!

AnotherKD 01-20-2010 11:00 AM

Seriously! What. The. HELL. Is going on today?????

SAEalumnus 01-20-2010 11:20 AM

48 separate threads from 5 different spammers. Good grief. Good thing they can all be deleted and banned simultaneously.

cheerfulgreek 01-20-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAEalumnus (Post 1887242)
48 separate threads from 5 different spammers. Good grief. Good thing they can all be deleted and banned simultaneously.

When you or another mod sees them they can be deleted or banned simultaneously.:)

SAEalumnus 01-20-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek (Post 1887243)
When you or another mod sees them they can be deleted or banned simultaneously.:)

Sometimes. For example, there's been a repeating spammer who always chooses an alpha-numeric name like abcd123 (with over 100 iterations so far). There are also others who spend the time to put obvious spam in their signatures or elsewhere in their profiles prior to posting. Then there are websites like this one that help identify spammers. In any of these cases, I ban them immediately without even giving them the chance to post.

As for those spammers who've already managed to post (like those this morning), once the spam posts/threads are selected, it takes two clicks to both delete and ban all of the posts and members as a whole.

cheerfulgreek 01-20-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAEalumnus (Post 1887245)
Sometimes. For example, there's been a repeating spammer who always chooses an alpha-numeric name like abcd123 (with over 100 iterations so far). There are also others who spend the time to put obvious spam in their signatures or elsewhere in their profiles prior to posting. Then there are websites like this one that help identify spammers. In any of these cases, I ban them immediately without even giving them the chance to post.

As for those spammers who've already managed to post (like those this morning), once the spam posts/threads are selected, it takes two clicks to both delete and ban all of the posts and members as a whole.

Well, that's good to know. Thanks for sharing.:)

But why wasn't it like this before? It just recently started as far as I know. I mean, there's a whole thread devoted to spammers now. That's bad.

DaemonSeid 01-20-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAEalumnus (Post 1887245)

Just out of curiosity, is there any way to change the sign up process to make it harder for spammer and their bots to gain access?