GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Kappa Kappa Gamma (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Ole mIss (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=52220)

dallasdoll 06-15-2004 02:14 AM

Ole mIss

I was just curious about how long the chapter at Ole Miss has been there? Is anyone from the chapter on here?

EEKappa 06-15-2004 06:26 AM

One of the founding members of Delta Rho chapter (Ole Miss) is a member of our alumnae association. She received her 50 year pin within the past 5 years or so, so that would make the chapter over 50 years old.

Sorry for being so imprecise! I know that there are a couple of Delta Rho ladies here who will be able to give more accurate information.

MSKKG 06-15-2004 03:30 PM

I'm a Delta Rho Kappa. My chapter was founded on March 15, 1947.

My big sister's mom was one of the charter members. Her mom's dad (my big sister's g'dad--thought all the feminine references were a little confusing!) was the architect for our house. How cool is that?!?

Sorry for the delay in answering. I've been at Hilton Head Island for a little vacation, so I'm just now getting back to GC.

dallasdoll 06-16-2004 04:54 PM

hmmm

Well I was on greekpages.com and KKG is not listed on the Ole Miss sororities. KKG doesn't have a website on the olemiss.edu site either.

33girl 06-16-2004 05:05 PM

http://www.olemiss.edu/orgs/kkg/ - the site is under construction.

Greek Pages is by no means a complete or official listing of all Greek orgs at every campus. I just checked 3 colleges close to me, and none of them had all the orgs listed. Plus many of the sites on Greek Pages are for dormant chapters as well.

ISUKappa 06-16-2004 05:27 PM

Thanks, S. :)

MSKKG 06-16-2004 08:45 PM

I think I've posted this elsewhere, but if you go to the Ole Miss site and do a search for "Kappa Kappa Gamma", links on the website come up as well as other matches. However, the info on the site is outdated. I hope my sisters will update the info soon!!! Have no fear though, Kappa Kappa Gamma is alive and doing VERY well at the University of Mississippi!

MSKKG 06-17-2004 09:44 AM

Re: hmmm

Quote:

Originally posted by dallasdoll
Well I was on greekpages.com and KKG is not listed on the Ole Miss sororities. KKG doesn't have a website on the olemiss.edu site either.
dallasdoll, I just visited the Ole Miss site, went to "Organizations," clicked on "Sororities and Fraternities," and wanted you to know that KKG is listed there. I've never been to greekpages.com, so I can't vouch for its info. As previously mentioned, the chapter site is under construction. I know it is frustrating when you're trying to find info and can't.

Will you be going through recruitment at Ole Miss in the fall?

OleMissGlitter 06-17-2004 10:13 AM

bump

Sorry to intrude on the Kappa forum, however I work with one of the KKG advisors here at Ole Miss and KKG is working on getting a new website up and running.

dallasdoll 06-17-2004 10:44 AM

My little sister may be going to Ole Miss in the fall. I think Kappa is a great organization, and I wanted to find out all the facts for her before she goes through rush. I think any sorority at Ole Miss would be a great choice though. We are both legacies of another sorority that isn't a part of the Ole Miss greek system though. I know rush at Ole Miss is die hard and serious. Sororities are a BIG deal there. Do you guys have an advice for her?

ISUKappa 06-17-2004 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dallasdoll
My little sister may be going to Ole Miss in the fall. I think Kappa is a great organization, and I wanted to find out all the facts for her before she goes through rush. I think any sorority at Ole Miss would be a great choice though. We are both legacies of another sorority that isn't a part of the Ole Miss greek system though. I know rush at Ole Miss is die hard and serious. Sororities are a BIG deal there. Do you guys have an advice for her?
There are quite a few great threads in the Rush forum that give good advice on going through Recruitment at a large Southern school. Those would be the best help!

Good luck to your sister. All the sororities at Ole Miss are fantastic.

MSKKG 06-17-2004 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by OleMissGlitter
bump

Sorry to intrude on the Kappa forum, however I work with one of the KKG advisors here at Ole Miss and KKG is working on getting a new website up and running.

Thanks for the good news!!!

MSKKG 09-25-2004 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by OleMissGlitter
bump

The new site looks great! I can't for them to update the info with the names of their Fall 2004 new members!

hottytoddy 09-28-2004 02:20 AM

I was in Oxford over the weekend during rush and all I know is that they made quota. not sure about numbers. Quota was 80.

Mevara 09-28-2004 11:51 PM

For a list of the most complete chapter websites you can go to http://www.dmoz.org/Society/Organiza...a_Kappa_Gamma/