GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Kappa Kappa Gamma (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Kappa Songs (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=6430)

Karaboutu 03-09-2001 12:30 AM

Kappa Songs

Do any of you have Midi or Wav's of Kappa songs? I was trying to put together a collection of Kappa songs on a CD. If you have any information, even if it's just written words, it would be appreciated if you would reply. Thanks so much,
Krista (member of Lambda chapter)

KappaGirl03 03-28-2001 08:26 PM

How about songs you sing for skit? Anyone have songs with lyrics they want to share? we're looking to rewrite our skit, and we need ideas...email them to me or post them..thanks so much

------------------
KKG the only letters you need to know

courtney 08-29-2002 01:00 AM

Hey--
This might be too late, but we have incredible skits for rush. We had some music professionally done at a local cheer gym, it's a couple of mixes of some popular songs with an added "kkg" touch, and we have a monopoly theme. Anyway, I'd be happy to tell you more about it if you're interested. Good Luck, Courtney

KerriMarie 09-01-2002 06:42 PM

Re: Kappa Songs

For Pref Day, we sing "I Never Saw Blue Like That Before" from the Runaway Bride soundtrack (can't remember who sings it... arg!) - it's not specifically Kappa, but it's a pretty song and it should be pretty easy to find online.

vukkg 09-01-2002 11:35 PM

Oh my God! We sing Never Saw Blue Like That Before too! ITs by Shaun Colvin. It is such a touching song...."I can't believe a month ago, I was alone, I hadn't seen or heard your name..." Everything just relates! Kappa really does "feel like coming home"!

KerriMarie 12-19-2002 01:34 AM

It's neat to know that another chapter sings that too... it makes me cry when I hear it now!

kkgatusc 06-30-2003 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by courtney
Hey--
This might be too late, but we have incredible skits for rush. We had some music professionally done at a local cheer gym, it's a couple of mixes of some popular songs with an added "kkg" touch, and we have a monopoly theme. Anyway, I'd be happy to tell you more about it if you're interested. Good Luck, Courtney

What sort of songs do you use? I am a Kappa at USC-Columbia and we need cute songs for our slide show! Anything would help. ;) Thanks!

imsohappythatiama 07-01-2003 10:04 AM

For our slide show, we used to use sections of the following songs:

* Friends and Lovers (In My Life), by the Beatles
* Give A Little Bit (of my life to you), by SuperTramp
* These Are Days, by 10,000 Maniacs
* I Never Saw Blue Like That Before, by Shaun Colvin
* These Are the Times (to remember), by Billy Joel
* So Happy Together, by The Turtles
* Theme from St. Elmo's Fire

Hope this helps!!

happykappa 07-01-2003 01:29 PM

some other great songs for a slide show are:
the theme from Gilmore Girls
Feels Like Home (From How to Lose a GUy in 10 Days)
Bittersweet Symphony (especially as background music if someone is talking)
You've Got a Friend in Me (from Toy Story)
Cheers theme song

kkgatusc 07-01-2003 02:23 PM

:) Thanks for the Slide Show songs! If anyone else has anymore, keep 'em comin!

curlygirly 07-08-2003 12:08 AM

The song that Kappa used during Round 3 (video round) when I went through last year....made me CRY!

It was "At the Beginning" from the Anastasia Soundtrack. After the video, the girls stood around all of us sitting in neatly lined folding chairs...and sang it to us.

It says something like "...and at the end I want to be standing at the beginning with you...." It's very sweet....

Now.... I'm NOT a "happy crier"...so when the song made me cry, I knew I was going Kappa! ;)

sugrsingr 07-29-2003 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by happykappa

Feels Like Home (From How to Lose a GUy in 10 Days)

That song is by Chantal Kreviazuk.. WONDERFUL SONG!

Oh and when our TC came this past spring, she played this song called 'Kappa Girl'.. she thought it was by John Mayer.. but we weren't quite sure. Has anyone else heard this song, and if so, who is it by?

kkgatusc 07-29-2003 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sugrsingr
That song is by Chantal Kreviazuk.. WONDERFUL SONG!

Oh and when our TC came this past spring, she played this song called 'Kappa Girl'.. she thought it was by John Mayer.. but we weren't quite sure. Has anyone else heard this song, and if so, who is it by?

I have heard the song! Kappa at the University of Oklahoma won some sort of Greek competition and the prize was for John Mayer to sing a song for them. Hence, the song Kappa Girl. It's cute. We use it during recruitment!

:D

sugrsingr 08-19-2003 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by kkgatusc
I have heard the song! Kappa at the University of Oklahoma won some sort of Greek competition and the prize was for John Mayer to sing a song for them. Hence, the song Kappa Girl. It's cute. We use it during recruitment!

:D

Yay.. so it IS John Mayer! Elizabeth, our TC, wasn't sure because she received the song from one of the chapters.. our new member chair has a copy of it, so we might be using ::crossing fingers!::

auburnfan 09-07-2003 06:09 PM

john mayer song

anyone know how to access that John Mayer song "Kappa Girl"?

thanks!