GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   Hi from Oklahoma (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=244651)

michiele 08-20-2018 11:15 PM

Hi from Oklahoma

My daughter just went through recruitment at Oklahoma State University. I joined here to learn more about sororities. Thanks.

FSUZeta 08-21-2018 06:05 AM

Welcome.

ChioLu 08-21-2018 10:26 AM

Which sorority did your daughter join?

michiele 08-21-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChioLu (Post 2459300)
Which sorority did your daughter join?

She joined Phi Mu

ZTA72 08-21-2018 07:13 PM

Hello

Quote:

Originally Posted by michiele (Post 2459282)
My daughter just went through recruitment at Oklahoma State University. I joined here to learn more about sororities. Thanks.

That's exactly why I came to Greek Chat! Although I was a sorority member, it was back in the stone age and I really enjoyed reading about how things were when my daughters (twins) pledged. I became friends with their friends
(sisters) and their mothers.
They had a wonderful four years and I wish the same for your daughter!

ladybug12 08-21-2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michiele (Post 2459301)
She joined Phi Mu

So happy for your daughter! I have visited OSU for recruitment as a national officer several times and love that campus.

And of course, glad that she pledged Phi Mu!

Katmandu 08-22-2018 09:39 AM

Congratulations to your daughter on finding a greek home at Oklahoma State. I am a graduate of OSU and was active in greek life and it is a great place to go to college. Good faculty and academics, beautiful campus, friendly atmosphere and an active greek community. She will have wonderful times. Tell her to get ready for Homecoming!

michiele 08-22-2018 04:11 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes! My daughter seems very happy with her choice at OSU.

I have a question. I am a numbers person so I love looking at quoto numbers, chapter sizes, etc. Can anyone tell me what the "campus total" number is on the NPC recruitment thread? Is that the average # girls in each sorority?

ChioLu 08-23-2018 11:24 AM

From your post on the NPC recruitment thread, I would guess quota was 54 (though the number could be lower to account for quota additions), but you could call the OSU Greek Life office for an official number.

Congrats to your daughter! One of my elementary school friends is a Phi Mu from OSU and my step-mom is a Phi Mu from U of Tulsa.

GreekOne 08-23-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michiele (Post 2459368)
Thanks for all the welcomes! My daughter seems very happy with her choice at OSU.

I have a question. I am a numbers person so I love looking at quoto numbers, chapter sizes, etc. Can anyone tell me what the "campus total" number is on the NPC recruitment thread? Is that the average # girls in each sorority?

I think you are asking what does "campus total" mean? Not the particular number at OSU but, in general. If that is the case, it means the total number of women that any particular house is able to have. There are instances where a chapter could exceed total (when taking quota puts them over total). But, it is the number where they can no longer extend bids. It essentially means they are "full".

Kevin 08-23-2018 10:12 PM

Stillwater is an outstanding college town. I'm sure she'll have a great time.