GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Fraternity Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   1 week no text back, should I text them? (UW) (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=195368)

sociallyinept 10-18-2015 03:01 PM

1 week no text back, should I text them? (UW)

It's been 1 week since I visited a house I like.

I thought it went ok at the very least. I could've been more social.

But I haven't heard back even though they said they'd text me back.
Is this a silent rejection or can I go ahead and hit them back up and say

"Hey (rush chair) I had a good time seeing the house last week and am still really interested in the house. I was wondering if there were any events I could come to in order to meet the guys"

FSUZeta 10-18-2015 04:39 PM

If you do text the rush chair you might want to go with this:" Thank you for the opportunity to meet the brothers and learn about your fraternity. I had a great time." That way you are on his mind, but you don't sound pushy.

Dionysus 10-18-2015 04:41 PM

TEXTS????

Sororities now send out rush info in texts? Oh, I'm getting old.

FSUZeta 10-18-2015 07:52 PM

I believe the OP is a male and is talking about a fraternity.

LaneSig 10-19-2015 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSUZeta (Post 2376239)
If you do text the rush chair you might want to go with this:" Thank you for the opportunity to meet the brothers and learn about your fraternity. I had a great time." That way you are on his mind, but you don't sound pushy.

This is a good plan. I'm a member of IFC, and I approve this message.

DTD Alum 10-19-2015 02:01 PM

For the early rush events where it was open attendance, we had "NO" calls, and then we had "no calls"...the first for those we really didn't want , the second for those that just didn't seem like a great fit but we had nothing against. The guys we wanted to attend private events, we made sure were called as soon as possible, and those calls were double checked by the rush chair to make sure everybody was contacted.

What are the next rounds...are they open, publicly advertised events at the house? Or are they private, invitation only events? If it is the former, I'd show up even without a text, as they may not be reaching out to you but it's clear that in that situation, they wouldn't mind if you showed up. If the next event is a private, invitation only event that you'd need details to attend, I'd unfortunately say it seems like it might not have been a fit.

NWguy 10-20-2015 08:12 AM

I don't think it would hurt to contact the Rush Chair to find out about upcoming events; if they're no longer interested in you, then I assume they'll let you know when you contact them. But make it more of an inquiry vs. demanding to know if they're still interested in you.

Are you comfortable saying what chapter it is? And, how many chapters did you visit?

33girl 10-20-2015 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWguy (Post 2376381)

Are you comfortable saying what chapter it is? And, how many chapters did you visit?

We try not to encourage posters (male or female) to reveal the chapters they are rushing, as there have been some repercussions in the past when nervous feet ended up in mouths. Just a friendly tip. :)

DTD Alum 10-20-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWguy (Post 2376381)
Are you comfortable saying what chapter it is?

This question cannot possibly help him much, but can certainly hurt him.

OP, don't answer it.