GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment Stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   UCF Recruitment Story '08 (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=98782)

UCFgirl12 08-15-2008 11:04 PM

UCF Recruitment Story '08

So as you can see, I go to the University of Central Florida. I have been reading everyone's stories for a while now and it is finally my turn to share! :)

I am going to be a freshman at UCF. I already attended summer session so I know the school and campus pretty well. We move in to our rooms on Sunday. I am anxiously awaiting recruitment, which starts on Monday. If this hurricane "Fay" messes it up I am going to be a little annoyed!! :D

Just like any school, there are "rumors" and "stereotypes" for each sorority, but I am going in with an open mind. I am really eager to find a sorority that I feel I belong in and also feel comfortable in.

There are ten sororities at UCF-

Kappa Kappa Gamma
Kappa Delta
Kappa Alpha Theta
Chi Omega
Alpha Epsilon Phi
Zeta Tau Alpha
Alpha Delta Pi
Pi Phi Beta
Alpha Xi Delta
Delta Delta Delta

I'm going to name them after my favorite designers : (In different order)

Fendi
Prada (I have a rec for this sorority)
Betsey Johnson
Louis Vuitton
Jimmy Choo
Marc Jacobs
Versace
Chanel (I have a rec for this sorority)
Burberry
Gucci

Greek Forum is Monday night, and actual recruitment starts Tuesday with "UCF Day". Bid Day is Saturday! Wish me luck! I will update either Monday or Tuesday night! I am SOOO nervous! But excited as well!!!! :)

Benzgirl 08-15-2008 11:06 PM

You might want to delay your story until Recruitment is over. Many Actives are on this board, and stories have cut some UCF PNMs in the past.
I'm only saying this because your school is identified in your SN.

KSUViolet06 08-15-2008 11:07 PM

Best of luck. We love UCF stories (it seems like there are at least 2 every year)!

baci 08-15-2008 11:07 PM

I am so excited for you! Good Luck and enjoy the experience.

ASUADPi 08-16-2008 12:03 AM

Good Luck!

Gonna have to go with Louis Vuitton (favorite, but lord knows pigs will fly before I can afford the "real deal")

twinkle555 08-16-2008 12:21 AM

Yay a FL recruitment story!! Good luck and GO BURBERRY!!!!!!!! <3

AlphaXi_Husky 08-16-2008 12:50 AM

I agree with Benzgirl. While I would love to hear your story "live", I would hate for it to ruin your Recruitment. If you do decide to continue a "live" story please be careful about revealing too many details.

FSUZeta 08-16-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzgirl (Post 1698670)
You might want to delay your story until Recruitment is over. Many Actives are on this board, and stories have cut some UCF PNMs in the past.
I'm only saying this because your school is identified in your SN.

as much i would love to read your story in real time, benzgirl makes a good suggestion. you could write your thoughts in word each day and then post after bid day. but please do post!!

epchick 08-16-2008 01:14 PM

Good Luck!

Just one little FYI....the sorority is Pi Beta Phi, not Pi Phi Beta

MerryGPhiB 08-16-2008 01:51 PM

Today is Saturday.... any news yet?????

epchick 08-16-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryGPhiB (Post 1698952)
Today is Saturday.... any news yet?????

Recruitment for her doesn't start until Monday, I doubt there would be any news.

amanda6035 08-16-2008 03:59 PM

I wonder if Betsey Johnson is Alpha Xi Delta? ;)

To the OP - she is IRL!

Cant wait to read the rest of your story!

BellaBerlee 08-16-2008 08:50 PM

I'm very excited for this thread! Hopefully I'll be helping as alum (attendance and such) throughout the week, after work.

Good luck this week - If you decide to keep a live thread, just be very limited with specifics and details.

Pike/PhiDeltmom 08-18-2008 06:16 PM

:(Public Schools will be closed here in Central Florida tomorrow because of Tropical Storm Fay. How is this impacting recruitment week at UCf?

KSUViolet06 08-18-2008 06:29 PM

They'll most likely postpone it a few days. That's what happened when they had a hurricane during recruitment in 2004. They won't put students at risk for recruitment.