GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sigma Alpha Iota (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   SAI Random (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=90616)

AlwaysSAI 01-03-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADPiSAI (Post 1572999)
Happy New Year, sisters!

(I've been MIA for a while... because I got married December 15! I'm still giddy and excited about the whole thing... And we're bidding on a GORGEOUS house right now!)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! :D:D

AlwaysSAI 01-07-2008 09:56 AM

YESSSSSSSSS!

I talked to the composite guy today!!! Yesssssssss!

CuriousWildcat 01-14-2008 10:35 PM

Last semester we voted to have a Candle pass for engagements and we had our first one tonight! It was so exciting!!!

AlwaysSAI 02-04-2008 06:15 PM

Tonight is our first night of recruitment!! I am sooo excited!!!

unarose 02-21-2008 12:41 AM

CuriousWildcat, I was in Nashville for a New Year's Conference at the Renaissance Hotel on Commerce a few blocks from where they held the Battle of the Bands before the Music City Bowl. There were a LOT of Kentucky fans at the Renaissance, and me and a group of friends walked down Commerce Street to where the crowd was and got to listen to both bands for a bit. I thought both bands were pretty good, myself.

:cool:

Oh, and AlwaysSAI, I hope you guys had a good recruitment period! Good luck with this semester's MITs!

AlwaysSAI 02-21-2008 09:30 AM

Hi UNA!!!! Welcome to GC.

We just pinned 7 beautiful MiTs last night--including my second little!!!!

Congrats on being a colony!! How long have you guys been a colony?

My chapter is relatively new itself--chartered in Oct. of 1999, so I know kind of what you're going through.

Keep us updated on the status of the colony!

unarose 02-21-2008 10:52 AM

Well, the colony has been a colony for right around two years at this point. I've been involved for quite a bit of that time, but it was already a colony when I got recruited into it.

At the moment, we're working on a fundraiser (a Bake Sale, we did one last semester - sold all of the goods for 50 cents - and made a pretty decent profit) for St. Patrick's Day (actual dates are March 17 and 18). We're also working on our Petition, and still recruiting members.

I've actually got a question for you and anyone else who might pop in to say hi on this thread.

When you encounter a potential MiT who loves music but isn't sure about a Greek organization, how do you describe SAI to her? There are a couple of girls who we'd love to have, but are hesitant to the whole fraternity/sorority/Greek thing.

Also, we have some interests that are members of other GLOs who we think might enjoy SAI as well, but they are worried about time and money--time more than anything. Any suggestions for recruitment amongst those who are already members of other organizations (NPC sororities and TBS...we don't have KKY here anymore) who may have those concerns?

AlwaysSAI 02-21-2008 12:23 PM

We run into a lot of girls in my chapter that are hesitant about joining a sorority. Mainly, we just hound them for semesters on end and eventually they'll join. But, I always tell them what great friendships I've made and how much the organization has changed my life. Some people are also really enticed by the alumni connection and how that can be of use to them in the future (networking, jobs, etc...)

And, as for being in two orgs. I do it and I won't lie, it's tough. Last night, we had pinning. As soon as pinning was over I had to go to a Phi Sig event until 11p. It's tough but it can be done. I always tell girls that SAI is more than understaning of the other committments they have made. Make sure they know of the time commitment and meetings. It's tough, I'm not going to lie, but it can be done.

Just, make sure you choose girls who are dedicated to SAI and our ideals and not just "resume" girls.

I've got to run now, I'll get back on here later. I've always got more to say.

unarose 02-22-2008 12:26 AM

Yeah, I totally understand the friendships thing. My fellow colony girls have become some of my best friends. They're not my only ones, but I've gotten through a tough thing or two thanks to them.

And yeah, it can be time consuming, but it all depends on what's going on with your chapter/colony at a particular time, too. I really don't see myself ever going NPC Greek at my school...but I am involved with our Programming Board, and the time consumption of that depends on what we're putting on next.

Thanks for your answers, and I look forward to hearing what else you have to say.

Hopeful_Bubbles 02-26-2008 04:41 PM

Badge on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGMA-ALPHA-IOTA...QQcmdZViewItem

CuriousWildcat 03-12-2008 05:27 PM

How is everyone doing? It's been a little dead. Apparently GC decided to stop telling me when there were new posts in this thread so I miss probably the most action it has seen in a while!(aka DRAMA!).

AlwaysSAI 03-12-2008 08:29 PM

Oh gosh, the drama.

Really, what is there to miss...???

CuriousWildcat 03-13-2008 11:14 AM

Some big to do about Alumni stuff where people got called out. I have no clue it was all edited out.

AlwaysSAI 03-13-2008 10:25 PM

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. :p

OMG, are you talking about the SAI alumi thread??? I know all about that. :rolleyes:

It really wasn't that big of a deal. I think some GC people are a little sensative.

CuriousWildcat 03-13-2008 10:44 PM

ahhh ok. Well I still missed it haha. So how is everything going?

pinklion10 03-17-2008 03:08 AM

I just got elected to an exec position (sgt. at arms) tonight, my best friend is VP Rit, and my roommate is VPM.

I'm really excited! I think everyone on our new exec board ended up where they best fit. :D

CuriousWildcat 03-19-2008 08:58 AM

That's exciting! Our new exec board is a combo that I had never thought of, so I'm really excited to see how we are work together!

CuriousWildcat 04-13-2008 08:29 PM

I will keep your niece and family in my thoughts. I am sorry that this happened so such a young person,and I hope everything works out.

AlwaysSAI 04-14-2008 03:32 PM

ADPiSAI, I'll keep your family/niece in all my thoughts and prayers.

SAI love forever!

Congrats, Curious, on your KKPsi initiation!

AlwaysSAI 04-30-2008 05:26 PM

I have to give a web-wide congrats to my chapter--Kappa Gamma--and all the sisters that worked hard for this.

On Monday, April 28th, our chapter recieved the OVERALL EXCELLENCE IN COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD from UNCG. Wooohooooo!!!

We beat out 2 D-9s, ADPi, Lamba Chi Alpha and Panhellenic Council!

It's the first full year we've been affiliated with the university and the first award we've ever applied for. Our service head worked really hard to take our chapter's service to the next level.

CuriousWildcat 04-30-2008 05:50 PM

AlwaysSAI- That is so awesome! Congrats!
ADPiSAI- I am so glad that everything worked out so far and that she has a better outlook ahead of her!

Love and Roses!

AlwaysSAI 05-05-2008 08:50 AM

I was awarded the Sword of Honor last night along with two other sisters. YAY! I was so surprised. I wasn't expecting it at all!

ReddestRose1903 05-19-2008 06:37 PM

Sister Wedding

We had a sister wedding last night. Singing the chorale and benediction for her and her husband was amazing and so special. I cant wait to have the sisters sing at mine! I am dating a Sinfonian right now, so you never know I might have the brothers sing to me also. lol :)

AlwaysSAI 05-22-2008 07:37 PM

Weren't you a professor or something like that??

Hmm. I'm sorry! I hope you find a better job!

AlwaysSAI 05-23-2008 11:12 PM

Nice.....not.

Good luck job hunting!! Ask the girls in your chapter--you'll be surprised how many connections they have!

<33

CuriousWildcat 05-25-2008 08:54 AM

No fun! You can always check on SAI circle! I see jobs posted on there a lot! Good luck!!

CuriousWildcat 08-09-2008 11:33 AM

Ummmm so pretty much nothing is happening on here lately... what is up with that?

AlwaysSAI 08-13-2008 12:49 AM

Whoop, whoop! I have finished writing very short pref ceremony for my chapter to use this year at formal rush. YaY! Exec is meeting on Sunday, so we'll discuss it there.

CuriousWildcat 08-13-2008 07:36 PM

Sad! I am sure you will find a great job... sometime! : )

That is awesome! I would be interested in what it is like! We have a pref night, but not much is done!

AlwaysSAI 08-13-2008 10:03 PM

I PM'ed you.

AlwaysSAI 08-17-2008 08:22 PM

Whoop! Whoop! Exec loves my pref ceremony! Now all we have to do is get approval of the chapter.

First meeting is on the 24th.

AlwaysSAI 10-12-2008 09:57 PM

RIP Darlene Johnson. SAI will miss you.

CuriousWildcat 10-25-2008 11:28 PM

So how is everyone?

AlwaysSAI 10-30-2008 09:00 PM

I've met a new boy....er, man. I guess he's really a man. But, I'm so happy with him. We've been seeing each other for about 3 weeks. We'll see if it stays happy.

:D:p:)

ReddestRose1903 10-30-2008 09:31 PM

Yearbook

Im Editor of Theta Mu, and have just finished the Yearbook Directory to send off to nationals!! looks pretty awesome, and it better cause it took up 2/3 my budget. lol. but its DONE!!!!

We just participated in Phi Mu Alpha's All Sing event this week. We did a Queen show that had songs We will rock you, fat bottom girls, bicylce, bohemian, and we are the champions. pretty awesome show! And then the brothers serenaded us, always guaranteed to melt a heart of any SAI. lol

Have an awesome week!

CuriousWildcat 11-02-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI (Post 1738086)
I've met a new boy....er, man. I guess he's really a man. But, I'm so happy with him. We've been seeing each other for about 3 weeks. We'll see if it stays happy.

:D:p:)

That is so exciting! Congrats! I started dating a boy about a month and a half ago and it is so fun! He is a Sinfonian and a Brother of KKPsi. yep, dating my brother!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReddestRose1903 (Post 1738098)

We just participated in Phi Mu Alpha's All Sing event this week. We did a Queen show that had songs We will rock you, fat bottom girls, bicylce, bohemian, and we are the champions. pretty awesome show! And then the brothers serenaded us, always guaranteed to melt a heart of any SAI. lol

Have an awesome week!

That sounds like fun! Our PMA's are having a date auction next week and we buy them then they decorate the band room like a fancy restaurant and cook us all spaghetti! It is so cute, and also one of the only times they ever serenade us... :(!

AlwaysSAI 12-03-2008 10:35 PM

YAY! It's B.C.H.Y.W. !!!

Initiation is Sunday!

Yay for 10 new sisters!

CuriousWildcat 12-04-2008 08:16 PM

Yay! Congrats on such a large class! Have a wonderful Initiation!

CuriousWildcat 12-26-2008 01:23 AM

Merry Christmas Beautiful Sisters!

Who is planning on going to Convention this year in Chi-town?

AlwaysSAI 12-27-2008 02:18 PM

I want to go. I'm planning on going.

Liz Nordling was at the leadership seminar I went to last summer and she said that SAI is renting out the entire hotel. It's going to be amazing!