PDA

View Full Version : Restarting Beta Iota @ California University of PA

STGCUP527
08-02-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm the VP of our Alumni org & we are having a really difficult time in attracting & recruiting new members. We currently have no active undergrad memebers but have a very strong & well funded Alumni Chapter. We have a nice house with two accessory properties & can house up to 12 brothers (currently rented to other students). Most of the active Alumni have been out of school since 1995. The chapter lost the charter in 1996 & some guys never went National.

Can you share any sucess stories on how to recruit as Alumni?

We are approaching our 50 year anniversary @ Cal State & want to be able to celebrate with a strong local chapter.

33girl
08-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Greek life at all the PA state schools isn't at its high point right now. (I'm a Clarion alum.) Do you have support from STG national as far as recolonizing the chapter right now?

I understand that you would like to have the undergrad chapter open and strong for your anniversary, but the truth is, if the students at the school don't want or need another fraternity, there is nothing you can do about it - and your nationals aren't going to support a colony that has no motivated or enthusiastic undergraduate members, no matter how many alums want it to happen.

The only think I can think of is to contact the Greek life office and see if there are any groups of men who are trying to colonize a new fraternity. Perhaps the two groups could meet up and help each other.

Oh, and if there are guys who "never went national" but are participating in the alum chapter, it would be wise to contact your national and see if the situation can be rectified.

sigtau305
11-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Greek life at all the PA state schools isn't at its high point right now. (I'm a Clarion alum.) Do you have support from STG national as far as recolonizing the chapter right now?

I understand that you would like to have the undergrad chapter open and strong for your anniversary, but the truth is, if the students at the school don't want or need another fraternity, there is nothing you can do about it - and your nationals aren't going to support a colony that has no motivated or enthusiastic undergraduate members, no matter how many alums want it to happen.

The only think I can think of is to contact the Greek life office and see if there are any groups of men who are trying to colonize a new fraternity. Perhaps the two groups could meet up and help each other.

Oh, and if there are guys who "never went national" but are participating in the alum chapter, it would be wise to contact your national and see if the situation can be rectified.

33girl pretty much hit it on the head. you can call nationals and ask. Mike Ray is the Regional Vice-President for the Three Rivers Region which covers Ohio, Pa., and West Virginia. He's a great guy to talk to. I'm sure he can give some ideas to help your Alumni Association recruiting new members.

SigTau146
11-18-2008, 01:40 PM
have you tried contacting nationals for the alumni/actives list? They have the contact information of all the registered brothers and their last known contact info