PDA

View Full Version : Sororities for Online Students

OhErika87
06-09-2008, 01:25 PM
I attend an online university but have always wanted to be affiliated with some sort of sorority, preferably a Christian sorority. Does anyone know if you have to be affiliated with the college that the sorority is at in order to actually be accepted as a member, or even if there are any online sororities for online students?

Thanks!

banditone
06-09-2008, 01:27 PM
This subject line cracked me up for some reason.
I picture an active sending an online "haze-o-gram" with a funny pic and note saying "go pour things from your fridge together and then drink it".

OhErika87
06-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Haha, nice, but what I meant is, that since I am online due to just a conflicting schedule, if there is like a 'sorority' based on that or more like a local affiliate group.

Senusret I
06-09-2008, 01:34 PM
If I were you, I'd investigate joining a community-based sorority such as the ones listed here: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=57834

Just because your academic experience is isolated and confined to the computer doesn't mean your sorority experience has to be.

kapsigcub
06-09-2008, 01:55 PM
This post has been up for 30 minutes and not one person has invoked Gamma Chi.

Ya'll are slacking.

aopirose
06-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Epsilon Sigma Alpha (www.epsilonsigmaalpha.org) had chartered an online chapter affiliated with Kapan University. Some members found that they were very close greographically and went on to found a land chapter.

tld221
06-09-2008, 02:00 PM
bwhahaha, Gamma Chi. (cracks me up as there is a nearby Gamma Chi local)

breathesgelatin
06-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Does anyone know if you have to be affiliated with the college that the sorority is at in order to actually be accepted as a member, or even if there are any online sororities for online students?

As far as NPC sororities go, yes, you must be an enrolled student at the school where the chapter is based. So that would eliminate NPC sororities for you because AFAIK there are no NPCs with chapters at online universities.

With local sororities, they would follow their bylaws but I doubt a lot of them would accept someone not from their schools.

I agree with Senusret that your best option is a community-based sorority.

Benzgirl
06-09-2008, 07:19 PM
This subject line cracked me up for some reason.
I picture an active sending an online "haze-o-gram" with a funny pic and note saying "go pour things from your fridge together and then drink it".

You got me. I couldn't read anything else after this :D

gtdxeric
06-09-2008, 08:11 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30685

AlwaysSAI
06-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Hahaha.

an online fraternity acting up. That's hilarious.

Did anyone else catch this? Alpha Sigma Sigma=ASS. At least their living up to their name.

nate2512
06-10-2008, 06:40 PM
This one is even better than the technical school a few weeks ago.