PDA

View Full Version : Akron Colony Robbed at Gunpoint

KsigAkron
04-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Brothers,

Thursday night we were robbed at my house, no one was hurt but many of us lost a lot of money. But most importantly no one was injured, I had a gun pointed at my head and chest at points during the robbery. Here is a story on msnbc.com and I will post again when the news stories from tv get put online.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24094683/

Senusret I
04-13-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm not your brother, but I am really, really sorry this happened to you.

KsigAkron
04-14-2008, 09:15 AM
http://www.woio.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=2381602&h1=Akron%20Frat%20House%20Robbed%20at%20Gunpoint&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=53066&LaunchPageAdTag=Homepage&activePane=info&rnd=24577017

Here is a news story on action news 19 in cleveland

stufield
04-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Unreal. I am so glad that none of you were hurt.

I hope that this unfortunate event has not deterred, and will not deter, your group's desire to press on as a Kappa Sigma colony. We need a new chapter in northeastern Ohio.

Incidentally, please contact your AA, DGM, and ARM to get the colony properly shown on the list of active chapters and colonies on the Fraternity's Website as being located at the UNIVERSITY OF AKRON, not simply at "Akron, OH", which not only does not suggest a connection with any school, but actually suggests that the colony may not be affiliated with a school (i.e., may be unrecognized on its campus). You really should get the listing corrected.

KsigAkron
04-15-2008, 11:13 PM
they are waiting until we are we on campus before they put it as University of Akron...which should be soon as we are filling out papers now to join IFC.

Kappamd
04-17-2008, 11:06 PM
I read about this in the Buchtelite....didn't know it was a fraternity house. That really sucks.

Gotta love South of Exchange :rolleyes:

stufield
04-18-2008, 12:25 AM
What do you mean by "until we are on campus"?

You have a colony that is not "on campus"? What sort of colony is it that you have?

KsigAkron
04-20-2008, 09:25 AM
We are working on getting on campus right now, we had problems with the university but we have a vote to get on IFC next wednesday.

Kappamd...

yeah I love it over there lol...I have been mugged twice and now I have been robbed at gunpoint.

stufield
05-01-2008, 09:36 PM
KsigAkron:

On April 20th you posted that your interest group / colony / whatever it is was being voted on by the University of Akron IFC "next Wednesday". I presume that by "next Wednesday" you meant yesterday, April 30th, because I likewise presume that if you had meant April 23rd you would have said "this Wednesday". In either case, however, the vote will now have been held. So what happened? Hopefully, you have good news to share.

KsigAkron
05-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Well the vote was no...but we are working with the University because of a problem with the IFC Constitution. It does not state anywhere in the Constitution for a vote into IFC, it states that the fraternity will be given associate status from the Director of Greek Life. So we are fighting it right now.

stufield
05-05-2008, 09:28 PM
What was the ground, or what were the grounds, for the IFC voting "No"?

What was the vote split? Was it unanimous against your group, or did some fraternities vote for your admission, but more vote against?

Don't be discouraged. Press on.

KsigAkron
05-07-2008, 04:45 PM
It was split and the reasons they said no were reasons that were not true...

KSigkid
05-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Wow, you guys have had one heck of a last couple of months. Good luck with everything.

nate2512
05-21-2008, 11:15 PM
It was split and the reasons they said no were reasons that were not true...

Well what was their basis? And any further updates?

KsigAkron
05-25-2008, 10:01 AM
All heresay...a couple fraternities made up rumors of things like keggers every weekend and concerns on communication with others on campus.

At this point we are going to work on forming good relationships with all of the fraternities and see what happens in the fall.

We are almost to the point of just saying screw it, and just stay as a student org and not a member of IFC

nate2512
05-25-2008, 02:16 PM
All heresay...a couple fraternities made up rumors of things like keggers every weekend and concerns on communication with others on campus.

At this point we are going to work on forming good relationships with all of the fraternities and see what happens in the fall.

We are almost to the point of just saying screw it, and just stay as a student org and not a member of IFC

Diligence & Commitment. Don't give in.

No excellence without labor. - Mr. Joseph Houston Barbour