PDA

View Full Version : Fall Rush help!

JovyDSP
04-07-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm a dsp from georgia southern, and i just wanted to know if anyone had any unique things or ideas that they do at their house or elswhere during formal rush. We do well in snap-bidding, but we kinda get shafted at formal rush.

banditone
04-08-2008, 10:03 AM
- Having lovely ladies there to serve drinks is a nice touch.
- A well to do, successful alumni to tell about his time in the house, and how it prepared him to excel in the business world.
- Lastly, a well done rush video. Not one of these slideshows with music in the background, but a real video. Footage of parties, philanthropy, intramural games and more girls.

baci
04-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Great ideas^^

It really is important to have a strong presentation.

Elephant Walk
04-08-2008, 10:25 AM
- A well to do, successful alumni to tell about his time in the house, and how it prepared him to excel in the business world.

Or a well to do, successful alumni who tells a story about a loss in his life and how his brothers showed up for the funeral/at his house/etc.

I'm a Rho Chi this year and it's going to be a pain to listen to these same type stories 15 times, at least.

edit: Or go fuckin nuts like the AGR's, and toss around blow-up dolls, cut ficus trees with weedeaters, break old tv's, computers...push the rushees into the house and go crazy in their face. Have someone strap a helmet on and run into the wall

APhi4Ever
04-08-2008, 10:28 AM
edit: Or go fuckin nuts like the AGR's, and toss around blow-up dollas, cut ficus trees with weedeaters, break old tv's, computers...push the rushees into the house and go crazy in their face. Have someone strap a helmet on and run into the wall

LoL

banditone
04-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Helmet + Wall = good formal rush.

Yeah EW, I was thinking about that. It really is hell for the brothers also to have to go through the same routine OVER and over again. YOu just have to gut it out. God I hated formal rush with a passion. Summer Rush was incredible, then you come back to school and have to get into a suit and tie when you'd rather be drinking out back in the sun.

Elephant Walk
04-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Helmet + Wall = good formal rush.

Yeah EW, I was thinking about that. It really is hell for the brothers also to have to go through the same routine OVER and over again. YOu just have to gut it out. God I hated formal rush with a passion. Summer Rush was incredible, then you come back to school and have to get into a suit and tie when you'd rather be drinking out back in the sun.

I'm Rho Chi'ing so I don't have to do the Rush presentation. It's really hard on the chapter get absolutely hammered for four straight afternoons/nights, yell, scream, jump around, and then have to meet 500 people over two days, and just as many over the next two. It will be nice to stay away from that this year, I'm getting too old for this.

By the way, the AGR's do everything I mentioned. I suggest doing these things to have a very successful rush.

banditone
04-08-2008, 12:04 PM
- Park your Z71's and Tahoe's where the pledges can see them when they walk up. Mix in some Benzo's and Beemer's for bonus points.
- Put those oddball bro's on kitchen detail.
- Make sure your face men are up front.
- Secret sign a few pimps (perhaps a legacy here and there) and plant them in formal to talk your house up.

"Eric Stratton, Rush chairman, damn glad to meet you."

JovyDSP
04-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Do any of you guys do move-in day. If so what kinds of things do you do? We're thinking about recruiting guys and girls the same day...

BigBroseph
04-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Rush Videos look too desperate and thus attract desperate losers. Do not do this.

wolffootball37
04-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Rush Videos look too desperate and thus attract desperate losers. Do not do this.

Haha. you know ive been thinking, now that you bring that up, who does the rush videos? Im really into editing movies/ music videos, im actually majoring in film, and was thinking for what ever fraternity i end up joining id love to put together a rush video of some kind or something of that nature.

FSUZeta
04-30-2008, 08:05 AM
design a t-shirt with a catchy slogan to wear for move in day, but make it appropriate since parents will see you too. you could buy water bottles directly from a bottling company and make your own labels that say,"rush abc", and list the rush dates. ice down the bottles and hand them out to students and parents.