PDA

View Full Version : Hand Signs for Sigma Nu?

SigmaNuUCF
09-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Hey, I was just wondering if anybody has a hand signal that they use for Sigma Nu. I know at are campus most sororities and fraternities have some sort of Gang Sign basically that they utilize during pictures or philantropies or wahtever. Do yall have any hand signs and your chapter? Thanks

TrevorG
09-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Ironically, I was joking with one of my brothers about this. We came up with a vague approximation of the letters using hand signs, but it looks more like Epsilon Nu then Sigma Nu.

But it was just screwing around, noone on our campus seems to do that.

James
09-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Off topic but related:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KKTDRqQtPO8

White Chicks and Gangs Signs . . so funny.

ealymc
09-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Yes.

Think "reverse shocker" (so sad that I know this - "one in the pink, two in the stink") and then spread your fingers. It makes a Sigma to others when using your right hand. LOL

Zipcreature
09-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Often wanted to have a sign to throw in pictures, i've tried the "shocker" too...do I mean literally or hand signs...hum ya'll never know ;)

SigmaNuHX766
09-24-2007, 12:27 PM
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v17/4/81/33600608/n33600608_30578278_64.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v27/108/125/16926051/n16926051_31149006_8542.jpg

Our chapter uses this when people feel like "Throwing their letters up" for a photo.

RockyTopSNU
03-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Read our ritual book and imagine hopkins throwing up a hand symbol...we are not a gang. We are a fraternity of Men, i wonder how some people get letters

LTH

Getting mine one day at a time

banditone
03-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Agreed.

Tygerj11
04-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Read our ritual book and imagine hopkins throwing up a hand symbol...we are not a gang. We are a fraternity of Men, i wonder how some people get letters

LTH

Getting mine one day at a time

That's ridiculous; there are a lot of things that are not in the ritual that the founders would not have wanted, but culture changes. Gamma Phi here does and upside down L with their right hand and puts their finger across their open mouth to make a ΓΦ. Phi Mu does the Phi with the Right Hand and an M with the Left to make a ΦM. Theta opens their mouth and puts their finger the other direction to make a Θ. KD takes their middle finger ring finger and thumb from the right hand and combines them with the ring finger and thumb of the left hand to make a KΔ. Phi Psi does the same as Phi Mu but the left hand makes a psi with the three middle fingers.... need I go on. It does not mean we think we're "gangsta" it's just a fun thing to do for facebook shots.

banditone
04-08-2009, 12:48 AM
I think what stands out is the fraternity that does not go with the flow and try to toss "signs". I have a feeling they stand out on their own.

RockyTopSNU
04-08-2009, 02:57 AM
You are a Sigma Nu! you are not a blood, act like it. Fraternities are not trying to "stunt", "flash", "Rep". Culture might change but tradition does. Ill stick to the things i read in the book. If you are a Man who represents the Legion of Honor you know those signs.

Fraternities are not software, no need to update

Stay Fratty Brothers

Getting Mine one day at a Time

EH

KyleMcGuire1983
09-02-2009, 03:19 AM
haha don't forget the Sigma Nu Anthem rap song.....

NO WE'RE NOT A GANG, we're NOT A HOOD, we're NOT A CREW. We're fraternity, the brothers of SIGMA NU!

cblair85
06-10-2010, 05:36 AM
That's ridiculous; there are a lot of things that are not in the ritual that the founders would not have wanted, but culture changes. Gamma Phi here does and upside down L with their right hand and puts their finger across their open mouth to make a ΓΦ. Phi Mu does the Phi with the Right Hand and an M with the Left to make a ΦM. Theta opens their mouth and puts their finger the other direction to make a Θ. KD takes their middle finger ring finger and thumb from the right hand and combines them with the ring finger and thumb of the left hand to make a KΔ. Phi Psi does the same as Phi Mu but the left hand makes a psi with the three middle fingers.... need I go on. It does not mean we think we're "gangsta" it's just a fun thing to do for facebook shots.

If you notice, most of the orgs you mentioned were sororities. I agree, if Sigma Nu wanted you to throw a hand sign, we probably would have made one in the ritual book but its probably because a) its harder than hell to make a sigma nu out of hands and b) we already have secret call signs that we dont need a "letter flash"

Leave the hand signs to sororities gents