PDA

View Full Version : Dear AlphaFrog!

Tom Earp
07-19-2007, 06:07 PM
I just wonder how you would feel Me coming on to Your Sisters Site and causing problems?:mad:

SWTXBelle
07-19-2007, 07:20 PM
What . . .this isn't a tribute page to AlphaFrog?? Dear AlphaFrog??

Now I am confuzed. :cool:

Senusret I
07-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Dear AlphaFrog,

You know..... you've grown on me over the years and I think that's because if nothing else, you're consistent. I can appreciate that.

Love,
Senusret I

PS - I really wish I knew more ASAs in real life so we could have that Superfluous Letter A connection.

cuteASAbug
07-19-2007, 07:26 PM
PS - I really wish I knew more ASAs in real life so we could have that Superfluous Letter A connection.
Great comment. Palindromes rule.

PrettyBoy
07-20-2007, 02:13 AM
I just wonder how you would feel Me coming on to Your Sisters Site and causing problems?:mad:
LMAO. I don't know where this all started but this is going to be interesting. Tom is pissed.:D

Drolefille
07-20-2007, 08:18 AM
LMAO. I don't know where this all started but this is going to be interesting. Tom is pissed.:D
Tom is often pissed... just not in the same way you mean.

IMO of course.

33girl
07-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Tom -

If you don't want everyone who reads GC to comment on something, then DON'T POST IT IN AN OPEN FORUM.

This is not our "sisters' site." This is an OPEN forum in Greek Chat which is an OPEN message board. Everyone is welcome to post if they have news that has to do with ASA - see here

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=31919

and here

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=30926

and here!

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=58523

If you don't want everyone to give you their opinion of your selling badges online - which you should know by now is one of the most controversial topics on GC - DON'T FREAKING POST ABOUT IT. Take it to the LXA private site (if you have one) or PM. But quit thinking that just because it has your fraternity's letters on it, no one but brothers can post there. If you feel that way, it might be best for you to ask John to get rid of the LXA forum, just so there is no confusion.

Senusret I
07-20-2007, 10:18 AM
^^^ I feel like the majority of LXA folks think that they own their forum. I don't know where that sentiment came from.

NutBrnHair
07-20-2007, 11:58 AM
^^^ I feel like the majority of LXA folks think that they own their forum. I don't know where that sentiment came from.

I've respectfully posted several times in the LXA forum and have always felt welcome.

Senusret I
07-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Well good for you.

chitownxo
07-20-2007, 12:39 PM

Knowing Jess, she'd be happy because she'd either a) love a chance to debate you or b) find it highly amusing for you to make a spectacle of yourself.

Tom, I have no axe to grind with you, but I think it's disingenuous of you to complain about Jess coming into "your" forum to start trouble...especially when you have done the same on occasion. Specifically, I am thinking of the train wreck that was an alumnae initiation thread. You apparently have strongly held convictions concerning sorority alumnae recruitment and expressed them in a thread here on GC. AF has an opinion about badge selling, and she expressed them. As I remember, when people complained that you were sticking your nose in a forum that did not concern you, you replied that GC is an open board. The same goes for ALL forums on this board, so Jess has every right to post in “your” forum.

MysticCat
07-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Knowing Jess, she'd be happy because she'd either a) love a chance to debate you or b) find it highly amusing for you to make a spectacle of yourself.Actually, I assume she would just figure it's the same old same old.

Sorry, but I have to stand up for her and support her. You know, she's a Christian, I'm a Christian . . . . http://www.smilieshq.com/smilies/innocent0007.gif (http://www.smilieshq.com)

Tom Earp
07-20-2007, 02:25 PM

That is not the case at all. It is just the point when someone comes on a post to start problems.

Anyone as
NutBrnHair
said, everyone is always welcome unless they want to start problems and acuse people of things that are not true!

Would this be considered a true fact?

Drolefille
07-20-2007, 07:53 PM
That is not the case at all. It is just the point when someone comes on a post to start problems.

Anyone as
NutBrnHair
said, everyone is always welcome unless they want to start problems and acuse people of things that are not true!

Would this be considered a true fact?
(informal) Translation:
You can post unless I don't like what you say. If I don't like what I say I'll call you a liar.

1908Revelations
07-20-2007, 08:28 PM
(informal) Translation:
You can post unless I don't like what you say. If I don't like what I say I'll call you a liar.
I am sooo glad you translate!! What would I do without you?:D

Drolefille
07-20-2007, 08:31 PM
I am sooo glad you translate!! What would I do without you?:D
Be befuddled? :D

jon1856
07-20-2007, 10:18 PM
While reaching for my Nomex and Kevlar:
I agree with several of the poster, in general, in regards to the "openness" of all of GC.

That said I do have to wonder:
1) Why is it we even have separate groups/sections for each GLO and subject topics?
2) Why are some threads which seem to fit a truly open group such as
Greek Chat or Chit Chat placed within a GLO's forum?
2) Why are some threads that seem to be best placed a dedicated forum
placed within open forums?

I really do not like going into other dedicated forums (like this one) nor would I like mine to have open ended threads with nothing to do with my group. We have enough problems with "posers" as it is.
Yes others have posted within it but only about dedicated forum matters.
And our Mod keeps tight control over forum.

I think what I am trying to point out that while the group in total is open, there seem to be rather good reasons to think just where one is going to post before one does. Dedicated vs Open.

Off to the bomb-proof.......

Drolefille
07-20-2007, 10:46 PM
1) Because some topics are group specific, that doesn't mean that other members don't have things to add to the conversation. Many times we have more similarities than differences.
2) Because some topics are non-group specific.
3) Because some people choose poorly when making their thread.

It's the mod's discretion to maintain his or her forum. Once a thread is started, do not be surprised if non-members post in it. Particularly if it's a hot topic. Badge selling would be one of those. I suspect if someone posted about ritual collecting in a GLO specific forum there would also be much outside commenting. Some people feel more comfortable posting in others' forums, particularly since some forums are very welcoming, some people don't. That's your own personal preference and shouldn't be imposed on others.

PrettyBoy
07-21-2007, 12:28 AM
I wonder what AlphaFrog has to say about this?:confused::D

jon1856
07-21-2007, 09:30 AM
1) Because some topics are group specific, that doesn't mean that other members don't have things to add to the conversation. Many times we have more similarities than differences.
2) Because some topics are non-group specific.
3) Because some people choose poorly when making their thread.

It's the mod's discretion to maintain his or her forum. Once a thread is started, do not be surprised if non-members post in it. Particularly if it's a hot topic. Badge selling would be one of those. I suspect if someone posted about ritual collecting in a GLO specific forum there would also be much outside commenting. Some people feel more comfortable posting in others' forums, particularly since some forums are very welcoming, some people don't. That's your own personal preference and shouldn't be imposed on others.

IMHO, you are correct in most of what you posted above. But in some cases, you missed the point.

Drolefille
07-21-2007, 12:47 PM
IMHO, you are correct in most of what you posted above. But in some cases, you missed the point.
And I rather think you missed the point in lieu of making comments about Kevlar.

jon1856
07-21-2007, 03:00 PM
And I rather think you missed the point in lieu of making comments about Kevlar.
Whatever.
You just proved the need for Kevlar however.;):D:)

Drolefille
07-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Whatever.
You just proved the need for Kevlar however.;):D:)
You didn't get flamed. Seriously, be less obtuse about your point if you think I missed it. Don't just say "You missed the point" actually clarify. That is, if you actually want discussion.

jon1856
07-21-2007, 10:26 PM
You didn't get flamed. Seriously, be less obtuse about your point if you think I missed it. Don't just say "You missed the point" actually clarify. That is, if you actually want discussion.
Nomex is for flame/fire protection.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomex
Kevlar is one of several products used as personal, defensive body armor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevlar

And my post was just an observation. POV. A thought process that in truth not for discussion. But for thought.

And if you noticed at the very beginning I said something to the effect of I agreed with most of what the prior posters had posted; which included you.

Unlike your comment, I was not trying to force anyone to agree with me or change their ways.

Perhaps just to give some more thought about what they did. And how they go about doing it.

Obtuse? Subtle? Non-aggressive?;):):D:cool:

Drolefille
07-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Nomex is for flame/fire protection.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomex
Kevlar is one of several products used as personal, defensive body armor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevlar
Yeah, that wasn't really the point. Flame is a general term
And my post was just an observation. POV. A thought process that in truth not for discussion. But for thought.

And if you noticed at the very beginning I said something to the effect of I agreed with most of what the prior posters had posted; which included you.

Unlike your comment, I was not trying to force anyone to agree with me or change their ways. If so, how did I miss the point? And I think that it's a matter of personal preference whether one posts in other forums. You don't. Ok. Others do.

Perhaps just to give some more thought about what they did. And how they go about doing it. So you're just trying to make us think? Uh huh.

Obtuse? Subtle? Non-aggressive?
Passive agressive? If you're not successfully getting a point across, that could be the reader or the writer. If you reply to someone you think is missing the point without actually clarifying, it's the writer.

cuteASAbug
07-21-2007, 11:17 PM
what the hell are you two arguing about?

cheerfulgreek
07-22-2007, 04:04 AM
You too huh? She's always causing problems. Just put her on your ignore list. Works 4 me.:rolleyes::)

Btw: Better yet, have ALL of your fraternity brothers put her on their ignore lists too.;)

jon1856
07-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Yeah, that wasn't really the point. Flame is a general term
If so, how did I miss the point? And I think that it's a matter of personal preference whether one posts in other forums. You don't. Ok. Others do.

. So you're just trying to make us think? Uh huh.

Passive aggressive? If you're not successfully getting a point across, that could be the reader or the writer. If you reply to someone you think is missing the point without actually clarifying, it's the writer.

Droll:
You have said that you call things the way they are. IMHO and observation, you call things the way you wish to see things only. And if they are not, you directly attack the poster.

End of story, End of line. End of conversation.

And END of HIJACK!:D

kddani
07-22-2007, 09:14 AM

I just think Jon couldn't let a thread exist without him posting links to outside websites.

Drolefille
07-22-2007, 11:04 AM
I have no idea.

I just think Jon couldn't let a thread exist without him posting links to outside websites.
LMAO

PrettyBoy
07-22-2007, 11:10 PM
I don't know what AF did, but this joker (Tom) is highly upset. I think AF is playin' this whole thread to the left.:D

TOM------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>:mad:
AlphaFrog--------->>>>>>>>>>>>:p

LMAO:D

fraggle
07-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteASAbug http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?p=1489422#post1489422)

Gotta tell ya, some of my SpEd students have more coherent conversations...however, I find you all highly entertaining.:D