PDA

View Full Version : Question about attire for recruitment

sunnyhibiscus
03-20-2007, 08:32 PM
I have some questions about what to wear for rush.

1. Does it really matter where I get my attire from? I mean I usually get my clothes from JcPenney, Old Navy, and such. I really can't afford the "high end" apparel, like Ann Taylor. I have read your post about some of you not liking Target's clothing. I understand, but I'm intimidated by that. I'm trying to be on a budget with my clothes. Would an Old Navy dress work fine as long as it flatters me?

2. On Skit day, it said dressier than Video Day. Would a business suit work out?

SmartBlondeGPhB
03-20-2007, 08:45 PM
A lot of it will depend on where you are going to school.

ΑΓΔSquirrel10
03-20-2007, 09:25 PM
At my school, here was the attire for the week:
Open House: sundresses, casual slacks and tops, capris
Philanthropy night: recruitment t-shirt or short-sleeved t-shirt and shorts
Invitational Night: sundresses/casual dresses, skirts, pantsuits
Preference Night: the website says dresses, and most of the girls wear little black dresses.
I don't think brand names played a huge part in recruitment, but again it depends on your school. There might be a house or two that looks for those, but my sisters and I compare our fake Gucci handbags for fun:p

kddani
I can't really imagine a business suit being appropriate for rush.

ΑΓΔSquirrel10
I can't really imagine a business suit being appropriate for rush.

Cosign. A business suit might be a little too uptight for rush.

SWTXBelle
03-20-2007, 10:00 PM
A resale shop is a great place to get higher-end clothing for a fraction of its original price. You won't get cutting edge fashion, but you should be able to find nice clothes that reflect your real style and personality, which is what any GLO worth joining should be most interested in.
Whatever you get, make sure it fits, is well-made, and comfortable. HTH -

KSUViolet06
03-20-2007, 10:07 PM
It doesn't matter where your clothes come from as long as they look good on you.

33girl
03-21-2007, 07:35 AM
-UGGs/Heels, leggings, long dressy shirt with a big belt

Oh, dear.

No offense to you or your school, Pink, I just can't believe these are back in fashion. That was one trend I thought was dead for good.

adpiucf
03-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Don't wear a business suit. Check with the Office of Greek Life at your school regarding appropriate attire. Generally, recruitment gets progressively dressier, so think about wearing sundresses and then something you might wear to a graduation ceremony or nice dinner-type event for video/skit day and prefs. As long as you look your personal best and your clothes fit you well (remember: you are dressing for the girls, not boys!), it doesn't matter if your clothes come from Banana Republic or Old Navy. See if your parents will pitch in at all for one nice dress that you can wear again, though. And check out summer sales at the department stores. It is amazing what you can find on sale! :) Best of luck at recruitment!

FSUZeta
03-21-2007, 08:17 AM
business attire will NOT be appropriate for npc recruitment.

it will be much more important to look good, well put together and well groomed than it will to have all designer duds.

as for clothing from target, i have a friend who has several of the isaac mizrahi outfits and shoes from target and she always looks fabulous when she wears them. trust me, this is a lady who can shop absolutely anywhere she wants-saks, niemann marcus, private designer shops in town. she just knows what flatters her and how to put an entire outfit together. invest in a few trendy magazines-often they will show a designer outfit on one page and will show how to copy the look at a fraction of the price.

you don't have to buy all new clothes-you are meeting these people for the first time during recruitment, so unless your clothes are faded and worn and your shoes are dirty and scuffed, they won't know that your outfits are not new. if you think that all new clothes would make you feel more confident, then pace yourself-buy one outfit or item now, another next month, etc. instead of waiting until right before recruitment to buy all your clothes. look for sales.

AlphaFrog
03-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Oh, dear.

No offense to you or your school, Pink, I just can't believe these are back in fashion. That was one trend I thought was dead for good.

That was my first thought as well.

Hello 80s.

I think one of the new sundresses that Old Navy is offering would be appropriate...

http://www.oldnavy.com/Asset_Archive/ONWeb/Assets/Product/485/485871/main/on485871-01p01v01.jpg

http://www.oldnavy.com/Asset_Archive/ONWeb/Assets/Product/485/485831/main/on485831-00p01v01.jpg

http://www.oldnavy.com/Asset_Archive/ONWeb/Assets/Product/485/485870/main/on485870-00p01v01.jpg

http://www.oldnavy.com/Asset_Archive/ONWeb/Assets/Outfit/059/OUT05971/outfit/on-otf-out05971odv01.jpg

The only way I can see brand names coming up in (polite, rush appropriate) conversation is "Hey - great dress, where'd you get it?". And then, they've already admitted they liked it, no matter where it came from, so they'd look pretty snobby turning their noses up at it at that point. Other then that, the only other way they're even going to know it's from Old Navy is if they shop there themselves.;)

SigKapJ
03-21-2007, 09:03 AM
Wear something YOU feel comfortable in. Personal style always scores points during rush because we want to see what you can bring to our chapter and there is no better way to do this than wearing something that you feel great and confident in. Business suits are nice, but you dont necessarily want to wear one during rush, save it for a job interview later on. Just be yourself and follow the guidelines that the rush coordinators have given you. Cute little dresses always work. Brands dont matter as long as you look well put together and clean. Oh, and don't forget your smile!

FSUZeta
03-21-2007, 10:18 AM
thanks to alphafrog for posting those dresses. in my book, three of those dresses could possibly work, depending on your campus and your personal style and look:

dress #1-cute, can't really tell much about the fabric. that style of dress with a little bit dressier fabric might work for prefs. the shoes are definately "what not to wear" with that dress!! strappy, heeled sandals would look much better.

dress #2 a little bohemian but with flair. a pretty dress;worn with some flat, strappy sandals this could be a great outfit. if you are petite this might not be the dress for you, due to the large print and the length, but try it on before you make a decision.

dress #3-too earth mother/1960's for my taste. fabric looks kind of cheap. cheap fabric can do a lot to give away the cost of an outfit. the dress doesn't seem to fit the model well under the arms. no matter what, make sure your clothes fit properly-even if you have to alter them a bit once you get them home.

dress #4-darling!! just make sure that the tops fits and covers you properly!!

my daughter is home for spring break and we were doing some clothes shopping. another girl was trying on a sundress while my daughter was in the dressing room. daughter said that the girl was quite well endowed and the dress did not cover her properly. both the girls mom and the sales lady were raving that the dress looked terrific on her-my daughter told me later that it did not flatter the girl at all. luckily the girl took a good long look in the mirror and decided that it was not the dress for her. so go with your instincts, don't let any sales lady talk you into buying something you know does not look good!!

sunnyhibiscus
03-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the advice, guys.

ADPiLove
03-21-2007, 01:46 PM
For my school (West Coast), we say business casual, so something you would wear to an interview, but not a business suit. A nice top - with sleeves, no spagetti straps or strapless unless it's Pref night - and skirt or pants.

When I went through recruitment, I usually wore a sweater and either nice pants or a skirt, and always got compliments on my clothing (which I bought from places like JC Pennys-love them!- and Mervyns). As long as you look well put together and neat, you'll be fine.

NUBlue&Blue
03-21-2007, 02:24 PM
The JCPenney near us currently has lots of cute sundresses--and a good thing about old Jacques de Penney (in my best French accent) is that a lot of people don't think to shop there anymore, so it's not like American Eagle/Abercrombie/Jcrew where everybody in the world has seen all the dresses they carried in the spring. I saw a bunch of red and black sundresses there, so I told a couple of friends whose daughters are going to UGA next year to pick them up for football games!

GeekyPenguin
03-21-2007, 02:47 PM
Outlet malls can be your friend. :)

emleepc
03-21-2007, 03:22 PM
When I was a Recruitment Counselor, we (the counselors) got together and took pictures of appropriate attire for each day. These pictures were included in a booklet about rush that was mailed out by the greek life office to incoming freshman, as well as kept in the GL office.

Check and see if you can find something like that from the school.

SigmaPezY60
03-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Have none of you ever seen "The Look for Less" on the Style Network? They shop at Macy's, Sears, Forever21, wherever they can find...the look for less.

It doesn't matter where you buy your clothes. It matters is how it looks on you.

We're college students...so looking good on a budget should be considered a survival skill.

AChiOhSnap
03-21-2007, 04:45 PM
For "dressy" we dressed as if we were going out, but to impress other girls, not to impress guys. That was a big thing... dress very cutely, but not with everything all hanging out like you're trying to pick up guys..

I can't emphasize this enough. At my school, some PNMs got "dressy" confused with "party attire." Sequiny sparkly shirts, ripped up hems that show your belly ring, tanks that show your bra straps, and pants that show your butt crack are never appropriate for recruitment. Err on the side of pretty, not sexy. If you happen to be a big chested girl, unfortunately any low-cut top is inappropriate. I don't want to see your boobs!

I'm with everyone, a full business suit is really too stuffy for recruitment. However, pieces of a business suit can be appropriate in the right context. Express has some cute suit jackets that would look great paired with a camisole, nicely tailored jeans, and heels.

One other thing...if you're wearing a thin fabric shirt or skirt, or a top with a big knit, stand in bright light (like outside or in a well lit room) and have a friend look at you from all angles to make sure nothing's see through. Some PNMs have been embarassed when they've realized their thong is totally visible through their new skirt in the bright sunlight, or that their red bra is visible through their sweater. And not to be gross, but wear correct undergarments under thin tops...sometimes the rooms can be cold...and that's all I'm saying about that! :D

KSUViolet06
03-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Agreed. No one wants to see any of the following:

* your boobs
* butt crack
*thong or other underwear
* bra straps
* belly
*"headlights" (everybody knows what those are...)
*"camel toe"

AlexMack
03-21-2007, 05:10 PM
For the record...I'm a Target and Old Navy kind of girl. My budget is very tight as well. I got my recruitment clothes there and later I found my whites for ritual at Target. You don't have to spend to look good, you just have to know how to wear it well.

sherbertlemons
03-21-2007, 06:34 PM
You don't have to spend to look good, you just have to know how to wear it well.

Ditto that. A well fitted, flattering outfit is going to look better than a designer outfit that doesn't fit well any day of the week, IMHO.

I'd take your time shopping. If you're unsure of your own judgement, take a friend who looks well put together. I also find that Ross and Marshalls are great places to scout out bargains.

You might also try the clearance racks of more expensive stores, especially the online clearance racks, which often have better bargains than in-store ones do. (I have this crazy little Anthropologie addiction, and I swear by their onine clearance racks. It's the only way I can afford it, and even then it's a splurge.) In general, online stores tend to have pretty permissive return policies. Some even let you return in store so you don't have to pay the shipping back. The bargains are there, you just have to start early and be persistent.

Honestly, though, I'd just buy in a price range I can afford. If well fitted clothes you can afford aren't good enough for them, the organization isn't worth joining. Do you really want to go broke on clothes for recruitment and then find that you're feeling like you have to keep up with the Joneses for the rest of your active years? I spent most of my college years on a Target budget, and I know I personally would have felt really out of place in a chapter where Prada and Tiffany were considered vital for survival.

ΑΓΔSquirrel10
03-21-2007, 06:58 PM
I also find that Ross and Marshalls are great places to scout out bargains.

I went to Ross last weekend and they had some amazing items! I found this really cute polka dot tunic, and it looks amazing with jeans and heels. And it was only $7!:eek: I now like swear by that store. Definitely check it out!

alum
03-21-2007, 06:59 PM
My D goes to a very small LAC with a spring recruitment. Many of the freshmen girls felt as if they were judged from Aug-January not just Rush Week. With that in mind, can you buy brandname outfits at TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Filene's Basement or at outlets? If you are at a school that dresses up for football games, you may need a lot of sundresses anyway. Look for sales early on throughout your last months at home. Even if it's not your primary summer job, perhaps you can add a weekend retail position so you can get an employee discount.

VeniceIsSinking
03-21-2007, 07:51 PM
I haven't gone through recruitment yet, but I am the bargain master. I always have trendy, stylish clothes that fit, and are super cheap. I only splurge on jeans because I'm short and well, when you're short you have limited options.

As some other girls mentioned: Ross, TjMaxx, Marshall, Burlington Coat Factory, and Forever 21/Gadzooks are excellent places to get clothes. Ross usually has really great name brand shoes/purses for incredibly reasonable prices. Depending on what area you live in- you might have an H&M. H&M always has GREAT clothes, straight outta European fashion mags, at really low prices.

Also, don't be afraid to check out thrift stores and cosignment shops. You'll be suprised what you can find. If you're creatively inclined/a bit of a seamstress, thrift stores are great places to get an item that you can customize. I've made tons of awesome shirts and skirts based on some clothes found in Vogue, from peices I've found at thrift stores. Cosignment shops usually have newer items that are well taken care of at near thrift store prices. If you live in or near a community that is wealthy, I can pretty much guarantee you'll find lots of stellar name-brand stuff.

Happy shopping! :D

jwright25
03-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Depending on what area you live in- you might have an H&M. H&M always has GREAT clothes, straight outta European fashion mags, at really low prices.

MY FAVORITE PLACE EVER. I save up for when I travel to New York to go here. And the clearance racks at Anthropologie as mentioned above. If they would sell online, they would make a KILLING!

1908Revelations
03-21-2007, 09:21 PM
business attire will NOT be appropriate for npc recruitment.

NPC recruitment attire is more relaxed than what I have expierienced in NPHC.

One of my old classmates was getting ready for NPC rush and she wore the prettiest sundress ever.....I think she got it from Old Navy, this was a couple of yeas ago.

LOVEinZTA
03-21-2007, 11:13 PM
I guess I was just blessed with a mother who is great with a needle and thread! She made my senior year homecoming dress (it's a big deal in Texas), my sisters prom dress, plus my sister's wedding dress and all of her bridesmaids' dresses! So naturally when I needed a chalk white dress for rituals and was on a tight budget I called her. That's really nice because you KNOW it's going to fit well! She's also made me many a skirt that I've worn to sorority events that would be rush-appropriate.

However, assuming your mother is more like me and doesn't know the difference between a surger and surgery, I see absolutely no problem with Old Navy, Ross, TJ Maxx, and cute tops and stuff from target. I always get Old Navy's perfect fit tees and pair them with dress pants. One of my best friends (who could afford to buy couture gown with the change in the seat of her car alone) gets a TON of her jewelry from Target, they have some really cute stuff if you know how to pair it. My pref dress I found on the super clearance rack at Dillard's on black friday for $40 and I got a rediculous number of compliments on it! My NUMBER ONE piece of advice though is pick reeeally comfortable shoes for the first 2 days (or two rounds, whatever) because by the time you get to the dressier nights and you HAVE to wear those adorable stilletos, your feet will hate if you've already been building up blisters on them and you won't be able to walk at all!

33girl
03-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Oh no, I actually agree with you, so no offense taken, haha. :p

I don't buy clothes like that because it is yet another trend from the past that will soon be out of style again. I was just talking to my parents about how unoriginal my generation is with fashion, we've stolen just about every trendy thing from past generations --- bell-bottoms from the 70's, capris from the 50's, and now we're emulating 80's style. Ugh.

And the ironic thing is, a lot of the 80s styles were kind of knockoffs from the 60s and other decades. There isn't really much else to do with clothes at this point, until we all start wearing Star Trek outfits (although I think Uhura would wear pajama pants instead of a skirt that barely covers her butt).

I have a VERY clear memory of standing waiting to cross the street, wearing black stirrup pants, a white/black/pink big shirt and my big black belt. And thinking I was TEH HOT. Yipes.

VeniceIsSinking
03-22-2007, 07:46 PM
I have a VERY clear memory of standing waiting to cross the street, wearing black stirrup pants, a white/black/pink big shirt and my big black belt. And thinking I was TEH HOT. Yipes.

Did you have really curly, big hair in a droopy side pony tail, while wearing big pink hoop earrings?

haha ;)

susan314
03-28-2007, 10:13 AM
I saw a bunch of red and black sundresses there, so I told a couple of friends whose daughters are going to UGA next year to pick them up for football games!

This whole idea of Southern schools wearing sundresses to football games is so foreign to me - I actually had never heard of it until a year or so ago, and when I did I was like :confused: :eek: :confused: ???

Regional differences are so funny. If someone wore a sundress to a football game at my university or any other schools near me, they would be looked at like they came from another planet. (Went to a Big 10 school.)

susan314
03-28-2007, 10:17 AM
I would agree with the other ladies that its more important to make sure that your clothes are flattering and fit well, than to worry about the label.

Yes, there might be some chapters at some schools who are label conscious. However, as others have pointed out, would you want to spend the next 4 years going broke trying to keep up with them? I agree that looking good on a budget is an important skill for a college student, and many chapters would appreciate that quality in you. :)

AlphaFrog
03-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Regional differences are so funny. If someone wore a sundress to a football game at my university or any other schools near me, they would be looked at like they came from another planet. (Went to a Big 10 school.)

The geography of the Big 10 makes sundresses impractical for 75% of the football season. If you're wearing a sundress in IL, IA, WI, etc in Nov, I would definitely look at you like you came from another planet.:)

AChiOhSnap
03-28-2007, 10:39 AM
Yes, there might be some chapters at some schools who are label conscious. However, as others have pointed out, would you want to spend the next 4 years going broke trying to keep up with them? I agree that looking good on a budget is an important skill for a college student, and many chapters would appreciate that quality in you. :)

There's being label conscious, and then there's the ability to update classic pieces with inexpensive trendy/fashionable touches in order to look youthful and put-together. Classic pieces include well-fitting turtleneck tops in nice fabrics and colors, well-tailored dress pants, nicely tailored dark jeans (boot cut or straight leg...skinny jeans are too trendy and usually expensive), a pair of black stilettos, ballet flats, a nice black leather/mock leather bag with metal hardware, and flattering black dresses.

Even at label conscious chapters (and whether or not these chapters have their priorities in order is a whole other thread...), a PNM with finesse in combining her classic staples with trendy accessories will ALWAYS look like a million bucks...and it's not like people can see the tags on your clothes, so even if you get a $9.99 top on double clearance at TJ Maxx, if it looks great on you, nobody will be the wiser.

Honestly, some women who are extremely label conscious have no idea how to put themselves together. They end up looking garish and tacky with an overload of super trendy items. I think it's so much better to just look well put together and you'll be able to use the classic pieces for years if you take good care of them.

While it's definitely easier if a PNM has a $1,000 recruitment wardrobe budget, a PNM with a good sense of style should have most of what she needs in her closet already.

ΑΓΔSquirrel10
03-28-2007, 11:02 AM
Classic pieces include well-fitting turtleneck tops in nice fabrics and colors,

Please, please, PLEASE don't do a turtleneck. A turtleneck just looks like it's trying to eat your face, and they don't give your upper body a long, clean look. Be conservative with your necklines, but not that conservative! Just stay away from them, and you'll be ok:)

susan314
03-28-2007, 11:17 AM
The geography of the Big 10 makes sundresses impractical for 75% of the football season. If you're wearing a sundress in IL, IA, WI, etc in Nov, I would definitely look at you like you came from another planet.:)

You definitely have a point there!

(Though I still can't even imagine a sundress in August/September, when the weather generally would be warm enough.)

Semi-related note...we had a Graduate Consultant from our chapter at an SEC university come live with us for a year. When she first arrived, she suggested that perhaps chapter members weren't dressing up enough for class. We laughed and pointed out that 1) the other 15 sororities on campus dressed as casually as we did on campus for the most part and 2) if she could still tell us that we should be wearing skirts and dress shoes to class after she actually experienced January on our campus, perhaps we'd consider it.

By late January/early February, she was dressing the same way we were. :)

AChiOhSnap
03-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Please, please, PLEASE don't do a turtleneck. A turtleneck just looks like it's trying to eat your face, and they don't give your upper body a long, clean look. Be conservative with your necklines, but not that conservative! Just stay away from them, and you'll be ok:)

Especially in the North, turtlenecks in clean lines are appropriate for chilly recruitments. Obviously a PNM shouldn't wear a bulky, boxy grandma turtleneck. That said, every season designers and brands ranging from Forever 21 to Ann Taylor to Marc Jacobs show turtleneck tops. They don't have to be conservative or stodgy in the right cut.

Again, you have to dress for your body type but as someone who was recently at a chapter at a fairly fashion-conscious school, we saw plenty of PNMs and active sisters wear turtlenecks/high necked tops in fabrics ranging from jersey to cashmere. They mostly looked fantastic, youthful, and stylish. So I happen to disagree, but to each her own.

ETA:

Gorgeous:
http://www.ardenb.com/shop/detail.asp?styleid=37531607&colorid=10&cat_id=25&sub_id=49

Grandma:
http://www.krystalacres.com/images/sweater/D7069a.jpg

ThetaDancer
03-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Especially in the North, turtlenecks in clean lines are appropriate for chilly recruitments. Obviously a PNM shouldn't wear a bulky, boxy grandma turtleneck. That said, every season designers and brands ranging from Forever 21 to Ann Taylor to Marc Jacobs show turtleneck tops. They don't have to be conservative or stodgy in the right cut.

Again, you have to dress for your body type but as someone who was recently at a chapter at a fairly fashion-conscious school, we saw plenty of PNMs and active sisters wear turtlenecks/high necked tops in fabrics ranging from jersey to cashmere. They mostly looked fantastic, youthful, and stylish. So I happen to disagree, but to each her own.

Agree.

AlphaFrog
03-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Yes:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h134/AlphaFrog2002/turtle.jpg

No:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h134/AlphaFrog2002/TurtleShrug_alone.jpg

Drolefille
03-28-2007, 11:59 AM
THe second one looks like the sweater is eating her from the neck down!

Buttonz
03-28-2007, 12:50 PM
AlphaFrog, where did you find that first one? I love it!

Anyone who tells me no turtlenecks during recruitment has never experienced a Northeastern winter recruitment, have they?

AlphaFrog
03-28-2007, 12:55 PM
AlphaFrog, where did you find that first one? I love it!

GIS = Turtleneck

NUBlue&Blue
03-28-2007, 02:21 PM
This whole idea of Southern schools wearing sundresses to football games is so foreign to me - I actually had never heard of it until a year or so ago, and when I did I was like :confused: :eek: :confused: ???

Me, too...Big 12 here (actually Big 8...dating myself!)--I never wore anything but jeans and sweatshirt or sweater under my parka :D

But at the big SEC schools where it's hot until Thanksgiving, it's sundresses in school colors for girls and coat and tie (or at least a buttondown and tie) for guys.

jadis96
03-28-2007, 03:54 PM
However, assuming your mother is more like me and doesn't know the difference between a surger and surgery, I see absolutely no problem with Old Navy, Ross, TJ Maxx, and cute tops and stuff from target. I always get Old Navy's perfect fit tees and pair them with dress pants. One of my best friends (who could afford to buy couture gown with the change in the seat of her car alone) gets a TON of her jewelry from Target, they have some really cute stuff if you know how to pair it. My pref dress I found on the super clearance rack at Dillard's on black friday for $40 and I got a rediculous number of compliments on it! My NUMBER ONE piece of advice though is pick reeeally comfortable shoes for the first 2 days (or two rounds, whatever) because by the time you get to the dressier nights and you HAVE to wear those adorable stilletos, your feet will hate if you've already been building up blisters on them and you won't be able to walk at all!

I find that the perfect fit t's with a pair of nice dress pants a staple in my wardrobe too. I just hate to spend too much on tops, because I am a total klutz and I wear my food on my shirt half the time! (I always keep an extra top at work to change after lunch.) Even a simple plain fitted (read fitted as not skin tight) T can be dressed up with some simple pearls or classic jewlery.

That being said, if you have a nice necklace, bracelet or ring don't be afraid to wear it with something not so nice. You would be amazed the number of people I work with who wear jeans with pearls these days and look amazing.

Ditto on the shoes... shoe hell can be a bad place to go!

I got my black dress at Dillards on major clearence at 7$ (marked down from $189). No one who saw it would think cheap, but it was. Also it had a classic cut and the shape flatters me. I can also dress it up or down as I need to. I have even worn it to open houses at school with a colorful cardigan over it. No one is none the wiser.

EGAOPi
03-28-2007, 04:02 PM

Even though I don't go to school in the Deep South, I'm still in the South and it's beginning to catch on here. A lot of people still go in shorts and t-shirts, but sundresses can be perfect for the weather...here, our football season is STEAMING hot (even thru November) and sundresses are light and comfortable. Of course, there are some schools that go all out in formalwear-I don't think we will ever go that far in Florida, but I think it's cute.
I'm from up north originally and I still don't find the sundress thing foreign...maybe it's just becuase I'm always looking for an excuse to wear a dress! haha :)

To the original poster: like everyone else said, a big NO on the business suit.
Also, you don't have to shop someplace like Sears to get affordable clothing. Forever 21 is incredibly cheap and also incredibly cute most of the time...even Lindsay Lohan admits to loving Forever 21, so I'm sure appropriate outfits from there would go over well in recruitment. It's okay if you're not loaded...just have style. You can put together relatively inexpensive outfits. Forever has amazing sundresses for about 25 bucks...at my school, you can wear sundresses 2, if not 3 out of the 4 days of recruitment leading up to Bid Day.
Good luck! :)

ΑΓΔSquirrel10
03-28-2007, 04:07 PM
Anyone who tells me no turtlenecks during recruitment has never experienced a Northeastern winter recruitment, have they?

Ok I guess I can understand turtlenecks if you're up North. I go to a school in the South, so it's like 1,000,000 degrees here during fall recruitment, and about 60 during winter.