PDA

View Full Version : what to do!!!!

Katelyn
08-04-2000, 10:57 PM
I'm going to my best friend's b-day party and her parties usually get boring after a short period of time.

I was wondering if anybody had any fun and interesting games/things to do that aren't too corny?

Any ideas you can tell me. Thank you sooooo much!

heatherh1981
08-05-2000, 05:03 PM
I know one. The Peanut butter game. I know it sounds corny but it is soooo much fun. Ok what you do is you have to have guys andm peanut butter, then you rub the peanut butter all over someones face and the person who has the PB on there face gets to pick a guy or girl to lick it off... LOL http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

its soo much fun expectily if your drunk and thers HOT guys in the room

SilverTurtle
08-05-2000, 07:02 PM
Um, that Peanutbutter thing sounds real gross http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/eek.gif !!

Here are a few ideas:

If your friends play cards, try getting some euchre (or spades or whatever) games going.

movie night.. i went to a "Mostly Monty Python Movie Marathon" once, we watched a Monty Python Movie, then some other film, then another Python movie, etc. Or you can do other themes (John Hughes, horror films, etc.) Or just a good movie

If you're gonna be drinkin', try something like "I've Never.." (The game where someone says "I've Never.." and they fill in the blank. Then everyone who has done that takes a drink, and you go around the room that way.) Good way to *really* get to know some folks http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif

I can't think of anything else right now, but that should give you some ideas. Have fun!!

------------------
SilverTurtle@greekchat.com
Phi Beta Fraternity (http://www.phibeta.com)
Phi chapter (http://homepages.go.com/~phibetaphichapter/index.html)

LexVegas
08-05-2000, 07:44 PM
drinking games!!

do a search on yahoo or altavista and i'm sure some drunk out there has put together a list of drinking games you could do!

i never is always a good one, as long as your friends aren't totally boring!

also, there's the game "first kiss, last kiss," where you go around the room & each person names the first person they kissed & the most recent. anyone else at the party who's ever kissed either person she names has to drink. this is especially fun if you all go to school together or have known e/o forever.

etienneSAI
08-05-2000, 08:59 PM
I NEVER!!!

hell yeah, that game is fabulous. talk about getting to know someone in that "special" way.

since we're talking about drinking games...

a personal favorite of mine is beer pong. there are many varieties on this game but here's the one that i use. *this can be done with partners or without*:

you get ten cups and fill them with beer *any alcoholic drink will work, but at our table, no wine or wine-coolers were allowed!). one person/team starts and throws a ping-pong ball, aiming at the others' cups. now, some play with no bounces on the table allowed. however, i play the "one bounce" rule. basically, the person who gets rid of thier opponent's cups first wins. if you hit the rim of the glass, some count it as a "sip", not drinking the full cup. some count it as nothing at all. i count it as nothing. if the ball goes INTO the cup, you drink the cup. if the ball hits another cup before landing in a cup, you drink all the cups that were touched by the ball. i play a variation on this where in the middle of the table, on either side is a pitcher full of beer. now if perchance the ping pong ball lands in the pitcher, you have to drink it all. it can get REALLY ugly, REALLY fast...but the GOOD kind of ugly.

now, there's always the traditional, no-fail, "there's nothing to do, it's wednesday and i don't have class till 1:00" game of asshole. appropriate with any small group of people able to comiserate in one designated area. always a crowd-pleaser, i say.

and yes, there IS a website for drinking games, many of which require playing cars, so make SURE you have them available! happy partying! **make sure you're not in letters, though...**

------------------
"red is the color of music and has been since the very earliest of times. the caps of faeries and musicians are well-nigh always red."~*~w.b.yeats

"I think that happiness is when you can let yourself feel every emotion you want at any time instead of being a lying little fuck." - Tori Amos

[This message has been edited by etienneSAI (edited August 05, 2000).]

Corbin Dallas
08-07-2000, 01:25 PM
Oh, you didn't mention Beer Pong! That game is the greatest. The way we play is, a lot like ping pong. you have 4 guys, 2 to a team, each with a cup full of beer, or whatever the drink may be, placed in the center of their quarter of the table. you then play ping pong, but the hits have to be high volleys. A cup hit is a point, and if you miss after a cup hit, the other team gets a point. you serve 5 points, and switch. You play to 21. If the ball goes in the cup, it's a "Slam", and you have to drink your beverage.

Some good games, that can be drinking games or not are, Asshole, Mexican, Golf, and XXX Drinks. Mexican is a dice game, where you roll dice under a cup. XXX Drinks is a card game. XXX can be anyone. Each card has a function, Ace-Make a rule, King-XXX drinks, Queen-I never, Jack-Rhyme Time, etc. Asshole and Golf are both card games too.

------------------
Steve Corbin
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Kappa Chapter
Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech.

Eli
08-07-2000, 11:33 PM
Circle of death is a cool game...

make two circles of cards... one inside the other.

The outer ring has 35 cards face down, the inner 16. (then you place 1 card in the center).

heres how it works,
You start with the outer circle, and work your way in when you flip all the cards over.

Basically, a person says "red" or "Black" and flip a card over. If they are wrong, they have to drink for the face value of card, (2=2 seconds, 10-K=10 seconds, A=15). However, if they are correct, they can say who drinks for the face value (they can divide it up between people if they like, or make one drink it all).

The middle circle is double value (2=4 seconds, 10-K=20 seconds, A=30).

The center card is triple value, (2=6 seconds, 10-K=30 seonds, A=45).

Kinda neat to watch, as I am like a permanate DD. Oh well! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

Easy E

[This message has been edited by Eli (edited August 07, 2000).]

blu_theatrics
08-08-2000, 07:17 PM
let's just say that "I never" has taught me things I never thought of.

And you learn a lot about the people around you.

And i must also add an "adult" game of truth or dare (get your mind out the gutter...i didn't mean that kind of adult) can be a real party pleaser