PDA

View Full Version : What do people do on the weekends?

heatherh1981
08-04-2000, 04:06 PM
Hey YALL http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

What do you guys do on the weekends? I'll tell you what i like to do. Is I like to go out with my friends and go to movies and go parying. I think the youth of today is pretty deprived because we have it soooo easy. I'll admit being a (soon to be) college student is hard on the weekends becasue by the end of the week my friends and I hate each other. Not really but we get on each others nerves. AM I makin sence? Ok so sorry for the noval, what do yall like to do for fun?

FlyPhi
08-04-2000, 04:09 PM
SLEEP IN!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Don't look to the future
or dwell in the past
But live for the moment
and long it will last

etienneSAI
08-04-2000, 06:47 PM
i do the same thing i do during the week: sell lingerie at victoria's secret!

etienne
sigma alpha iota

------------------
"red is the color of music and has been since the very earliest of times. the caps of faeries and musicians are well-nigh always red."~*~w.b.yeats

"I think that happiness is when you can let yourself feel every emotion you want at any time instead of being a lying little fuck." - Tori Amos

Asia2000
08-05-2000, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by etienneSAI:
i do the same thing i do during the week: sell lingerie at victoria's secret!

etienne
sigma alpha iota

Yeah, some of us don't have it easy. Actually, a lot of us don't. Some of actually have jobs and we must work on the weekends.

Siobhan
08-05-2000, 04:15 AM
Weekends are my only time off. I work monday to friday 8-4, so Friday I usually stay in or do something mellow because after a week of work I'm too tired. However I did just get back from the bar, but it's early (1am PST). Saturday is usually my party night.

[This message has been edited by Siobhan (edited August 05, 2000).]

AOX81
06-11-2002, 11:20 AM
Well weekends are the only time that I don't work so I spend time with my husband and I do all the frigging laundry.

Kevin
06-11-2002, 11:45 AM
I work weekends -- 8 hours on Friday and Saturday and 6 hours on Sunday.

dzrose93
06-11-2002, 11:49 AM
Weekends are the only days I don't work, so I usually catch up on my gardening, housework, etc.

Sunday afternoons find me at the park watching my boyfriend's soccer matches, and then on Sunday nights we play co-ed volleyball at the county rec center. :)

Ginger
06-11-2002, 11:51 AM
I think it's a question of what do you want to do on the weekends or what do you actually do on the weekends!

What do I want to do? Party with my friends, go clubbing, barbecue, shop, sleep in, etc.

What do I actually do? Clean the apartment, run all the errands I didn't get done during the week, laundry, laundry, laundry...and sleep in. Some things you can't give up!

LexiKD
06-11-2002, 12:41 PM
A bunch of my girfriends usually go out on the town! Then we ususally calm down the next night and stay in w/the hushands, boyfriends, and guy friends at someone's house...but usually us single girls want to go out late night...and do so by ourselves or with the non taken guy friends.

And sometimes we just have movie night, all depends.

ZTAngel
06-11-2002, 01:35 PM
Sunbathe...but not lately cause the weather in Florida has sucked.

Kevin
06-11-2002, 01:38 PM
If the question was what I'd LIKE to do it's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING... Or just go wherever the wind blows me so to speak.

Tom Earp
06-11-2002, 06:50 PM
Damn Kids!!!!!!!

Try when you get out of College, wokring 6 days a week, the 7 th you do laundry, cut grass.,and cook for the rest! Get on GC and really mess up the whole day!

Gawd do I wish that I was still in School!:D

Havw real good and figure it out that you do! you do what you want to do in college but you get out and work for your seself or for otherw yuor time is not your own!

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH!

That is called the real World! Damn put it off as long as possible!:D :cool:

xok85xo
06-11-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Tom Earp
Gawd do I wish that I was still in School!:D

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH!

That is called the real World! Damn put it off as long as possible!:D :cool:

Couldn't have said it better myself tom! I was just saying today how i wish there was naptime in the real world ..and i'd consider going back for a 2nd bachelors just to be able to start my day at noon and take naps :) ..and i say bacholors not masters b/c prtty much everyone i know going for their masters still works and does real world stuff

I work monday thru friday 8-5, on friday nights i'm usually really tired from the week so i stay in, relax and go to sleep whenever i am too tired to stay awake anymore(or get too bored)...on saturdays i go down to albuquerque once or twice a month to see friends and party..if i stay home i do the same thing as friday...hang out, watch tv, sleep..etc.. :)

SigmaChiCard
06-12-2002, 08:03 AM
I usually use it as an excuse to go elsewhere. Usually I always drink with my buddies and/or girlfriend at each others houses and what-not. I'm lazy much of the day, and I play soccer every sunday and trail-ride when I can get a spare moment. I don't really go to bars, though I'll go watch my buddies perform at the local watering hole from time to time. That's really about all though.

I have fun on the weekends

KillarneyRose
06-12-2002, 11:15 AM
Now that my kiddies are out of school for the summer, the weekends are no different than weekdays for me.

We usually get up around 9 am, eat breakfast and then the kids play or watch some TV while I tidy up the house, make the beds, etc. Then I pack up a picnic lunch in the cooler and we meet some friends at the swim club and the kids play together while the moms and I lay out and gossip. At around 3 or so, we head home, shower and dress, and then go out and run a couple of errands. Come home, fix dinner, eat around 6 then let the kids play outside while I do some laundry, pay bills, clean the bathroom....whatever big chore I have to take care of that day. They come in around 8:30, have a snack and a bath and are asleep by 9:30 or 10 and then I take an hour or two for myself and read, do needlepoint or whatever. Once or twice a week, Mr. KillarneyRose calls from the Middle East and we talk for a bit. One of the highlights of my day!

So, that's my life, day in and day out until September unless it rains :)

RubberSoul
06-12-2002, 06:48 PM
Well since I am a stay home mom the weekends aren't really much different for me than the weekdays. But usually on Saturday nights Mr. Soul and I go to our favorite watering hole---sometimes just the two of us, sometimes friends meet us there. We are good friends with basically the entire staff, so even if we go by ourselves we end up having a great time talking and laughing with everyone. The Friday night staff comes in on Saturday nights, plus we usually go there early so we can eat and then at 10 the early shift gets off and they join us too.

What else.....pretty much anything goes. The kids and I usually go out to lunch after sleeping late, and then maybe shopping or running errands. A lot of times if a babysitter is coming I race home and clean like a madwoman to get the house looking decent. Other than that, same old same old.

prospectiverushee
06-12-2002, 07:27 PM
Well before my shift changed, I worked every single weekend from 1-midnight. Now that I work 7am-4 with weekends off, friday nights me and my co-workers go out for drinks, Saturdays, I sleep in, and Sundays I do all the things I was suppose to do on Saturday. :)