PDA

View Full Version : WHERE MY TAILZ AT???

NUPE4LIFE
08-02-2000, 03:35 PM
THIS IS A SHOUT OUT TO ALL OF THOSE TAILS, ANCHORS, CABOOSES, AND WALLS. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I'M REPRESENTING #6 FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO HOLD THE BACK UP! PEACE AND MUCH GREEK LOVE. AND WHAT'S UP TO ALL MY SANDS OF SPR 97?

------------------
KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY, INC.
SPR 97
XI LAMBDA

prettypoodle6
08-02-2000, 04:19 PM
I'm not a tail, but I give much love to all the SEXY SIX clubs out there in greekdom!

YEOP!
prettypoodle6
Spring 96

c&c1913
08-02-2000, 10:57 PM
I'm not the tail, but I was down there at the end. #22 of 24. I just wanted to send an OOOOOOOO-YO! to you my sands!

------------------
Sisterhood, Scholarship, & Service
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
"Intelligence is the Torch of Wisdom"

Diva6
08-03-2000, 11:27 AM
Awwww suki! It's all about being a tail, #6, and wearing crimson and cream! OO-OOP!

9 Pearls
08-03-2000, 12:32 PM
I'm not a tail, but #6 is the lucky number of

Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.
Spring 2000, Crimson and Cream Love

MaMaBuddha
08-03-2000, 04:14 PM
i've got to give it up for the tailz....but i thinking being the middle to hold it up is all good...without no middle there is no tail....

24 of 36 ain't bad.....

36 Diva's of Perfection DST

six silencer
08-07-2000, 03:35 PM
there is usually room for ice cream but there is always room for tails. An Ice Cold #6 giving a shout out to all my Spr '00 sands.

crimsonsoror1913
08-10-2000, 12:44 AM
Spring '94 #20 of 20 representing and holding much down. OOO0-OOOOOP to all my sorors of DST.

Crimsonsoror1913
"When I look in the mirror, what do I see? I see the flyest Sorors of DST" OO-OOP on that!

Discogoddess
08-10-2000, 11:50 AM
The backbone of the terrible twosome, USS Genesis, checking in!

DG
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority
Theta Omega
2BouleSP90

SapphireSensation
08-13-2000, 08:03 AM
Peace & Blessings

Pullin up the rear up in here!!
#13 out of 15 STRONG!
Discretion: Code Blue-Spring 91 FOREVER!
---------------------------------------------
SapphireSensation
RoyalBlueDivaDivine
The Epitome of Finerwomanhood.....

DeltaDoll99
08-21-2000, 12:54 PM
Greetings fellow greeks,

I want to send a oooooooooooo-op!!! to those blaazzing sands of delta land.

Peace to the rest,

N'quistive #6
Omicron Epsilon

1-9-1-3

Finer Woman10-A-91
08-21-2000, 06:48 PM
POD #10 of 10...Spring 1991 TNG/TDG
enough said!

------------------
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated...Every Finer Woman's Dream!

DeltaDoll99
08-22-2000, 01:01 AM
So soorry, I forget to greet you properly NUPE4LIFE, whasssup my club, OOOOOO-YO

N'Quisitive
OE
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority,Inc.

1-9-1-3

Crimson Diva
08-25-2000, 11:03 PM
Another # 6 checking in OOO-OOOP!

6 of 7 is not bad

Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.

"All girls dream of wearing Crimson and Creme"

CrimsonTail
08-29-2000, 04:30 AM
OOOOO-YO!!!! Nupe4Life the tail is right here!!! Representin' 10 out of 10!!!!

DST!!!! OOOOO-OOOP
EVEREADY #10
S.A.D.A.T.A.Y
Spr.00'

Japera1920
08-31-2000, 06:37 PM
4 out of 4! It gets no sweeter than this! Fall 99 T.R.I.U.M.P.H

Hugs ans Doves

Deuce
09-01-2000, 01:58 AM
TAILZ in DA HOUSE!!

2 of 2
2-MP-86

suntzu1963
01-14-2001, 04:39 AM
Gotta represent for my TAILZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4's where you at!!!!!!!!!!!
I.S.4.H (4 Horsemen)
There's no line without a tail!!!!!!!!!
but there can be one with no ace, lol! (j/k)
GREEK LUV!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Suntzu 1963
Member of Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.
4-FALL-99
UVA Colony
OW OW
LIPTTDID
W.W.N.O.R.T.

http://www.angelfire.com/va2/suntzuipt4uva

-"Nineteen sixty-three is not an end, but a beginning. And those who hope that the Negro needed to blow off steam and will now be content, will have a rude awakening if the nation returns to business as usual."

-Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

soror6
01-14-2001, 06:23 PM
Hey, OOOO-YO! You fine 6-tail Kappa, you! I'm holdin' it down for all the sexy sixes, and an anchor too! It's not easy doin' it all, is it?! OOOO-OOOOP!

soror6
D.S.N.V. - Spring '91
"Sade" 6-ANK what what!?!? http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/cool.gif
Treacherous Theta Epsilon Chapter

May1920
01-14-2001, 11:27 PM
Whassup NUPE4LIFE! #4 out of 4 checking in!
Aspire
Z.S. M.I.L.L.E.N.I.A.
ZPB

------------------
Finerwoman...that's me!

DELTABRAT
01-16-2001, 03:42 PM
OO-OOP!

Not a tail, but 14 out of 18 ain't too bad!

F.I.R.E #14
PI
Spr '92

rho4life
10-27-2003, 10:26 PM
Tailin' ain't easy, but I make it look good!

navane
10-28-2003, 06:59 PM
From what I am reading, do I understand correctly that a "tail" is the member who is last in their line? That would make sense, but I don't want to assume.

:)

.....Kelly :)

absolutuscchick
10-28-2003, 09:10 PM
ok what IS this thread about.....I am very confused!

ChaosDST
10-28-2003, 09:13 PM
I thought I had the wrong forum at first *haha*

Forget the tails...it's all about the FRONT OF THE LINE, BABEEEEEEEE

DEUCE DEUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChaosDST
10-28-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by navane
From what I am reading, do I understand correctly that a "tail" is the member who is last in their line? That would make sense, but I don't want to assume.

.....Kelly :)

Smart lady!!!!!

:D

WhirlwindTNX
10-28-2003, 09:16 PM
Na uh ya'll! Ace reppin' hard right here!!!!!

THETA NU!!!!!

P.s. - Can I just say that I love that this thread is in this forum!!!! :p

damasa
10-28-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by WhirlwindTNX
Na uh ya'll! Ace reppin' hard right here!!!!!

THETA NU!!!!!

P.s. - Can I just say that I love that this thread is in this forum!!!! :p

Yea, it was started three years ago!

Old school reppin' uh huh.

(sorry but I just love how people quick-change tones like what!)

starang21
10-28-2003, 09:29 PM
fugg all at....ACE CLUB!!!

ChaosDST
10-28-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by damasa
Yea, it was started three years ago!

Old school reppin' uh huh.

(sorry but I just love how people quick-change tones like what!)

Yeah, I just noticed how old this thread was!

I guess someone decided to resurrect it.

Anywho, it's good that this thread was started in this forum 3 years ago.

damasa
10-28-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by ChaosDST
Yeah, I just noticed how old this thread was!

I guess someone decided to resurrect it.

Anywho, it's good that this thread was started in this forum 3 years ago.

Steeltrap
10-28-2003, 09:58 PM
....but x3 about the resurrection of old threads. Searching, IMO, is a good thing.
:cool:

Betarulz!
10-28-2003, 11:31 PM
Okay, can one of our D9 members explain how one is chosen to be the tail to all us IFC/NPC members?

I'm really curious about this.

starang21
10-28-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Betarulz!
Okay, can one of our D9 members explain how one is chosen to be the tail to all us IFC/NPC members?

man...whoo, um...

WhirlwindTNX
10-29-2003, 01:54 AM
I say we keep it alive.

Something I've noticed is that there's 10x the stuff NPC/IFC members post that I don't get. Just an observation....

GeekyPenguin
10-29-2003, 02:48 AM
I say we keep it alive.

Something I've noticed is that there's 10x the stuff NPC/IFC members post that I don't get. Just an observation....

Yeah but when you ask, we tell you. :p

Other than you being at the end of your line, we don't have any idea what's going on.

LatinaAlumna
10-29-2003, 03:32 AM
#7 out of 7 here! :)

WhirlwindTNX
10-29-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
Yeah but when you ask, we tell you. :p

Other than you being at the end of your line, we don't have any idea what's going on.

Ohhh I'm not at the end of the line. I'm an ACE!

Also, not only NPHC members have an order, so do some multicultural groups like me. :)

aephi alum
10-29-2003, 12:09 PM
Whirlwind, I don't think GP meant "you" in particular, but rather "you" in general... the tails.

Let me see if I've got this right: Ace = #1, Deuce = #2, Tail = whoever is last (#10 of 10 or whatever)? Any other special terms?

Can you have a line of one? If so, are you the ace and the tail?

[Edited because after reading some of the responses, I feel very silly... :) ]

Senusret I
10-29-2003, 12:13 PM

The tail is usually the tallest person in the pledge class. Lines are usually ordered according to height. I have seen variations though, including ordering tallest to shortest.

Ordering new members by height is used in organizations outside of the NPHC, be they multicultural, professional, or service.

Senusret I
10-29-2003, 12:14 PM
I would also like to insert a plug for the book "Black Greek 101" which answers many questions of this nature.

Eclipse
10-29-2003, 12:18 PM

I'm not a member of an NPHC group, but I might be able to give you some insight.

Different organizations do it differently, and I have heard of some differences based on location of the particular chapter of the organization. From my experience, the most common method is by height. Persons chosen to participate in the membership intake process (formally known as pledgees) are placed in height order and given a number to represent their place in line. Shorter ones in front, taller ones in back. The first and last positions in line are seen as places of honor and may have additonal responsiblities. Some groups (this is from my personal observations as a college student in the 80s when pledging was above ground/out in the open) would even fudge on who was tallest/shortest to get a "tight", knowledgeable, or "rhythmically blessed" ;) person to serve as the tail or front (some call it the ace) of the line.
D9 members, and some other multicultural orgs from what I can gather via the internet, tend to feel a kinship with people of other orgs who have the same number or the joined their org the same year.

That's kinda it in a nutshell.

edited to add: That what I get for being longwinded and trying to post/work. Others answer the question before me! LOL

zchi2
10-29-2003, 12:51 PM
I thought I had the wrong forum at first *haha*

Me too http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/grinser/grinning-smiley-045.gif

I'm the 2 of 9.

Please keep threads like this going...

GeekyPenguin
10-29-2003, 01:24 PM
I think a lot of organizations have a pledge class order, I can think of quite a few groups within the NPC and NIC who do - that's how we get our "scroll" numbers. My chapter does it alphabetically, I've seen other orgs do it by height, age, GPA...

Eclipse
10-29-2003, 01:38 PM
I think a lot of organizations have a pledge class order, I can think of quite a few groups within the NPC and NIC who do - that's how we get our "scroll" numbers. My chapter does it alphabetically, I've seen other orgs do it by height, age, GPA...

Based on what I've learned here (I went to an HBCU, so no NPC orgs on my campus) aren't your scroll numbers cumlative? "Line" numbers are not, so every NPHC pledge class will have a 1, 2 etc. depending on how many people are in the class

GeekyPenguin
10-29-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Eclipse
Based on what I've learned here (I went to an HBCU, so no NPC orgs on my campus) aren't your scroll numbers cumlative? "Line" numbers are not, so every NPHC pledge class will have a 1, 2 etc. depending on how many people are in the class

Right, but it's still based off of pledge class order. For example, the "tail" in the pledge class before mine was #2 in her PC and badge number #466. Since I was 5th in my PC, my badge number is piled on top of hers.

I think we just place less of an emphasis on our place within the PC than NPHC and MC GLOs do. I also thought it was interesting to see that most NPHC orgs do it based on height - I thought there was a more secretive process to it since people take so much pride in their numbers. Then again, maybe there is and we just don't know it.

BTW, if any of you ever have questions about NPC orgs - ASK! About the only things we can't discuss are membership selection and ritual, and most of us are happy to explain!

aephi alum
10-29-2003, 01:54 PM

There are three numbers that you might have:

Your number within your pledge class - equivalent to a line number. NPC orgs tend not to use this one so much.

Your initiate number within your chapter. These are cumulative within the chapter - if there are 10 chapter founders and you're the first person initiated in the next new member class, you're #11. [ETA: I think this is what GP is describing. I find it hard to believe there are only about 500 Gamma Phi's in the world ;) ]

Your initiate number in the GLO overall. These are cumulative across the whole GLO, so each member has a unique number. If Alpha chapter has 20 initiates and you're the first founder of Beta chapter to be initiated, you're #1 within Beta chapter but #21 overall.

Some GLOs engrave your initiate number (either chapter-wide or overall) onto your badge. Others just use it for tracking purposes (access to members-only sections of their web sites, for instance).

LatinaAlumna
10-29-2003, 02:11 PM
Also, not only NPHC members have an order, so do some multicultural groups like me. :)

Many Latina/o Greek-Letter Organizations use them, too.

AlphaSigOU
10-29-2003, 02:53 PM
Let's see... I was third in my pledge class out of four initiated, 814th initiate since the chapter was established in 1923. The last person initiated in the pledge class performs a part in the next initiation that - for obvious reasons - I am not at liberty to discuss in an open forum. Alpha Sigma Phi doesn't have national 'line' numbers like other fraternities and sororities may have.

I've also noticed in the sig lines of D9 and some multicultural GLOs here on GC what appears to be a short but 'private' biography that only a member of that organization or pledge class. Which is pretty neat, though:

Pledge line number/pledge nickname
Pledge class motto
Pledge class designation
Chapter name or other private designation
Other info (college or university location)

Lil' Hannah
10-29-2003, 03:15 PM
Not to nit pick, but I think often the "motto" that is included in sigs is the name of the entire line, but yes, it is like a motto. The line names of individuals are given to fit into that "motto". All the line names have a common theme (for example some I've seen on here are that the line is all given the name of a precious stone, or a TV show, or a song title, etc.)

Also, I know it's been mentioned in other threads (and I'm sure for the most part all are aware) but be careful giving out your number within your entire GLO, as those are often used to access members only webpages and the like.

Senusret I
10-29-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Lil' Hannah
The line names of individuals are given to fit into that "motto". All the line names have a common theme....

Not all the time....in fact, I would dare to say not even most of the time. I have noticed that tradition more on GC than I have in my personal experiences.

Betarulz!
10-29-2003, 04:09 PM

Yeah scroll numbers are cumulative for many IFC/NPC orgs. My own roll number is is 2063, so 2062 men were initiated before me in my chapter.

Roll numbers are assigned a variety of ways, for most chapters I know, the pledge program has a system of points, based on things like GPA, scores on lore tests, community service hours, intramurals, etc. The pledges/new members who accumulate the most points during the course of their pledge program are initiated first (have lower numbers).

I think it's awesome that there is such a great connection between members of different organizations based on where they were in line.

Lil' Hannah
10-29-2003, 04:35 PM
Well I was misled. Thanks for the info, Senusret.

ChaosDST
10-29-2003, 06:52 PM
I also thought it was interesting to see that most NPHC orgs do it based on height - I thought there was a more secretive process to it since people take so much pride in their numbers. Then again, maybe there is and we just don't know it.

The general response (when someone is generally curious about "line numbers" and "line ordering") is that it is based on height. There are other reasons that some BGLO chapters (both NPHC and nonNPHC) and MulticulturalGLOs use. As you stated, you won't necessarily be privileged to that info ;)

DEUCE DEUCE...FRONT OF THE LINE BABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

starang21
10-29-2003, 08:17 PM
The general response (when someone is generally curious about "line numbers" and "line ordering") is that it is based on height. There are other reasons that some BGLO chapters (both NPHC and nonNPHC) and MulticulturalGLOs use. As you stated, you won't necessarily be privileged to that info ;)

DEUCE DEUCE...FRONT OF THE LINE BABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

come on now...you knew ACES lead by example

Reds6
10-30-2003, 03:55 PM
Ok, everybody knows its all about the 6's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChaosDST
10-30-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Reds6

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

NinjaPoodle
10-31-2003, 11:09 AM
Mike check, 1, 2, 1, 2...(irritating feedback...)

ACE is in the house.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

Aurora6
11-05-2003, 06:17 PM
Eee-Yip! Running in the thread screaming TAIL DOG! #6 of 6! repRHOsenting that TIGHT TAIL POODLE of Sig-ma Gamma RHO Sorority, Innnnnnncorporated!

The tail club is the tighest club, cause WE GOT EVERYONE's Back.

Also FYI - Sigma Lines are also known to rep' it tallest to shortest vs. shortest to tallest.

preciousjeni
02-17-2004, 06:06 AM
Anchoring the Baby DUO!!! DEUCE DEUCE LET IT LOOSE!!

#2 of #2

But I have to give props to my ACE, #1 PACEshinCE!!! Much love to all my Sorors!!

THETA NU!!!

So...who's got me on that?

WhirlwindTNX
02-17-2004, 09:26 AM
ONE LUV!!!!!!

I got your back soror, I got you! ;)

sairose
02-17-2004, 06:00 PM
Wow...I'ved learned a lot I didn't know about BGLOs from this thread! :)

lovelyivy84
02-17-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Reds6

Yup.

Those sexy, savvy sixes holding it down!

starang21
02-17-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by lovelyivy84
Yup.

Those sexy, savvy sixes holding it down!

booo!!!!

NinjaPoodle
02-17-2004, 09:26 PM
*cough*ACE*cough*
*cough*ACE*cough*;)

WhirlwindTNX
02-17-2004, 10:08 PM
ACEactly!!!

ChaosDST
02-18-2004, 12:55 PM
If you ain't a DEUCE...you ain't.......................*bleeeeeeeeeep*

:p

preciousjeni
02-18-2004, 01:06 PM

Hey, HEY!

NinjaPoodle
02-18-2004, 01:33 PM

Ahhhh...yes grasshopper, but it is impossible to have a Deuce without an ACE:p

LatinaAlumna
02-18-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by NinjaPoodle

...which is what my Ace always says :) and theoretically that is true....

...However, I have heard of deuces without aces or even 6s without 5s before.

xo_kathy
02-18-2004, 04:21 PM
OK, stupid question time (hearing my third grade teacher say: "The only stupid question is the one not asked, Kathy"). Anyway!

Let's say you are a #6 of 6. So you are a 'tail'.

Do you feel more of a 'bond' with other tails or with other #6s - or does it depend on who you're talking to?

Colonist
02-18-2004, 04:22 PM
I think I've lost intelligence reading this thread

NinjaPoodle
02-18-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by LatinaAlumna
...which is what my Ace always says :) and theoretically that is true....

...However, I have heard of deuces without aces or even 6s without 5s before.

After they dropped...;)

starang21
02-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Colonist

that would mean that there was some to begin with.....clearly that is not the case.

starang21
02-18-2004, 08:58 PM

booo!!!!

:mad:

ACE club fooo!!!!!!!

Dionysus
02-18-2004, 09:14 PM

Why?

Attractive#7
02-18-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by LatinaAlumna
#7 out of 7 here! :)

Just wanted to give a shout out to all the SEXY 7's!!!

tnxbutterfly
02-19-2004, 12:06 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NinjaPoodle
*cough*ACE*cough*
*cough*ACE*cough*;) [/QUOTE

What she said.

#1 of 1

The ONE and only ---Summer 02:D

ChaosDST
02-19-2004, 04:10 AM

Although I love my Ace dearly, that is simply not true :D ;)

ChaosDST
02-19-2004, 04:11 AM

Your "intelligence" shouldn't be so easily lost.

ChaosDST
02-19-2004, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by starang21
that would mean that there was some to begin with.....clearly that is not the case.

Have I told you that you're my 2nd favorite Internet Iota?

:cool:

ChaosDST
02-19-2004, 04:14 AM
booo!!!!

ACE club fooo!!!!!!!

Ignore my previous post. :mad:

starang21
02-19-2004, 01:26 PM
Ignore my previous post. :mad: :mad:
second!!!!!

ahhh!!!!!

ChaosDST
02-19-2004, 02:11 PM
second!!!!!

ahhh!!!!!

You're no longer on the list!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

jubilance1922
02-19-2004, 02:18 PM
booo!!!!

ACE club fooo!!!!!!!

I second that!

ACE CLUB!!!!

LatinaAlumna
02-19-2004, 03:20 PM

LOL!!!!!! :D

LatinaAlumna
02-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Attractive#7
Just wanted to give a shout out to all the SEXY 7's!!!

7 = SUPERB, SPECIAL, SEXY, So-so-SUPER, etc.! :D

starang21
02-19-2004, 08:43 PM
You're no longer on the list!!!!!

:(

hhmmmpph!!!!!

ok...what do i gotta do?

ActionJackson4
02-19-2004, 09:01 PM
"The Quad" AKA "The Tail" AKA "X"
Always pushin' my sisters safely through these Hard, Hard times....

Much love to fellow 4's & those tough tails.....

Soror Affirmative Action
Sigma Gamma Rho
kappa mu chapter

ChaosDST
02-19-2004, 11:42 PM
:(

hhmmmpph!!!!!

ok...what do i gotta do?

Admit that DEUCES are superior!!!!

starang21
02-19-2004, 11:57 PM
Admit that DEUCES are superior!!!!

you want me to lie!!!??!?

what kind of man do you think i am?!??!?!

do you expect me to have no morals?!!??!?

but a lot of Deuces i've seen were really fine....

NinjaPoodle
02-20-2004, 01:55 PM
you want me to lie!!!??!?

what kind of man do you think i am?!??!?!

do you expect me to have no morals?!!??!?

but a lot of Deuces i've seen were really fine....

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/laugh.gif You two are funny..

ChaosDST
02-20-2004, 08:17 PM
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/laugh.gif You two are funny..

;)

He'll never learn.

(:mad: :mad: )

Rudey
02-20-2004, 08:18 PM
All this talk about deuces makes me want to...eat some chips.

-Rudey

starang21
02-20-2004, 08:33 PM
;)

He'll never learn.

(:mad: :mad: )

I CAN'T WIN!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

i conceded on y'all being (females anyway) being fine as hell

:( :( :(

ChaosDST
02-21-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Rudey
All this talk about deuces makes me want to...eat some chips.

-Rudey

Thanks for sharing.

PhrozenGod01
03-19-2004, 04:55 AM
Aces will always hold it down, until the end of time!!! Nuff Said!

Bryan Gilmore
Alpha Phi Alpha
Mighty Mu Chapter
S.S.S.S.O.K.
Spr. 03

NinjaPoodle
04-28-2004, 02:56 AM
TTT

PrettyPoodle95
05-03-2004, 03:15 PM