PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Children of the Eighties!

One of a kind
06-30-2000, 07:38 PM
Hey all! A couple of friends and I were recently disussing the topic (children of the eighties) which was posted on a forum a couple of weeks ago. While walking through memory lane, someone started singing the theme song to Josie and the ***** Cats. As we all chimed in (rather loudly), something went terribly wrong...everyone stopped on the same part. We realized that not one of us knew what the hell was being sung on a particular part. Josie and the ***** cats, long tails and hair to match, guitars and something, something, something. Does anyone know what is actually being said?!? This has been irking me for days! I hope someone out there can help, it took me two months to get the entire theme song to the Flinstones...you know...the part that goes...Let's ride with the family down the street, through the courtesy of Fred's two feet. Who could have known that? Not me. Somebody, Anybody...Holla back!

dc1
07-02-2000, 10:26 AM
Found this at http://members.aol.com/horemheb/lyric14.htm

Josie and the *****cats.
Long tails and ears for hats.
Guitars and sharps and flats.
Neat, sweet and groovy song
You're invited, come along

(hurry, hurry)
See ya all in Persia
Or maybe France.
We could be in India
Or perchance
Be with us in Bangkok
Makes no difference
Everywhere the action's at
We're involved with this or that.

(come along now)
Josie and the *****cats.
No time for purrs and pats.
Won't run when they hear "Scat!"
There where the plot begins
Come on watch the good guys win.

Josie & the *****cats.
Josie & the *****ca-haaaats-yeah

(heh, heh, heh)

Josie and the *****cats copyright 1997 Archie Comics Publications, Inc.
Last update: 30 December 1997

------------------
Faced with the Divine, I was asked; "What one gift do you seek?"
I answered ever so meekly; "I seek Honor, Truth, Integrity, and Wisdom, yet those are four. How am I to choose?"
The answer came as a pounding whisper; "The four you seek are but one. I grant thee Compassion; for without it the four make none."
Author - me

SapphireSensation
07-02-2000, 10:53 AM
OneOfAKind,
I had the same problem with the Flintstone's theme song and that's my FAVORITE cartoon!!!
Just as a side note, I realize why you ***** in the other cartoon name but, it's ok to say Josie & the *****cats, or else it wouldn't have been on the air, in the late 1960s-early 70s, when things were really sensitive. But, that's just my opinion and I respect your stance .
---------------------------------------------

SapphireSensation
RoyalBlueDivaDivine

SapphireSensation
07-02-2000, 10:58 AM
Scratch the last comment One of a Kind, I just read my post and didn't realize that this system blinks out that word.
My sincerest apologies.

---------------------------------------
SapphireSensation
RoyalBlueDivaDivine

Optimist Prime
09-04-2003, 02:52 PM
Does it still do this? I was just wondering.

33girl
09-04-2003, 03:01 PM
Josie and the Pussycats was a crappy movie.

Apparently not.

Optimist Prime
09-04-2003, 03:11 PM
That's weird.

Peaches-n-Cream
09-04-2003, 03:16 PM
I liked the Josie and the Pussycats cartoon. I mean Josie and the *****Cats. ;)

CatStarESP4
09-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Now, when you say "Children of the Eighties". Do you mean those who were born in that decade or grew up/came of age in the eighties. I grew up and came of age in that totally awesome decade. I think Josie and the *****cats were a 70s cartoon and The Flintstones were from the 60s. Why not talk about GEM, Pac-Man, Beverly Hills Teens or any other popular 80s cartoon.

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/corky/corkysm60.gif

Optimist Prime
09-04-2003, 06:11 PM
lol pac man. LOok at my post Icon to see the resemblence.

Dejajeva
09-04-2003, 06:21 PM
See I always associate GI Joe, Strawberry Shortcake (anyone else seriously upset that they made her look different???), Rainbow Brite, Care Bears, SHEWOMAN, He-MAN, My Little Ponies...and the like.

:)

juniorgrrl
09-05-2003, 12:32 AM
hehe...I remember when people were posting in rush threads and talking about cocktail dresses.

Apparently, the system would censor it to ****tail dresses.

I actually remember when John lightened the filter so it wouldn't "star" all potentially dirty words.

Optimist Prime
09-05-2003, 05:27 AM
The best thing about the 80s? I don't know. But it definitly wasn't the synthizyzer.