PDA

View Full Version : Agree with this.

valkyrie
09-28-2006, 10:48 PM
I am glad you finally came out and said that we're allowed to blow sunshine up everyone's butt but are not allowed to offer honest opinions. What in the hell is the point of that?

PenguinTrax
09-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Please note that there are TWO threads - one pro (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=81118) and one con (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=81117). Equal time for both sides. I wanted a record of everyone's thoughts on the matter, that's all. People can read them, then decide if they want to post. I'm sorry if you don't agree with the concept. Please remove my quote from your sig.

valkyrie
09-28-2006, 10:51 PM
I misunderstood the point of your threads -- I thought you were saying that your quote in my signature is the new rule in this forum. Is that not the case?

ETA: Does your question whether we're "for" or "against" AI refer to whether we're in favor of or opposed to AI in general or only in terms of this forum?

PenguinTrax
09-28-2006, 10:53 PM
I misunderstood the point of your threads -- I thought you were saying that your quote in my signature is the new rule in this forum. Is that not the case?

That rule applies only to the 2 threads in question(pro AI and con AI).

Tippiechick
09-28-2006, 10:55 PM

I don't understand the goal of the pro and con threads. What good does it do to have people proclaim themselves to be pro or con ai? And, why do we have to separate the two into separate threads that cannot co-exist? This is the exact point of my threads. Debate is frowned upon. Why aren't people allowed to debate the issue? Why do we have to segregate them?

valkyrie
09-28-2006, 10:57 PM
The problem is that whether you're in favor of AI as a concept has nothing to do with Greekchat. I think AI is great in appropriate circumstances, but I think it's awful when freaks find out about it on GC and people encourage them. So I can't say whether I'm "pro" or "con" AI, because it depends on the situation.

I am opposed to having this forum on GC.

PenguinTrax
09-28-2006, 11:01 PM
I wanted a record of everyone's thoughts on the matter, that's all. People can read them, then decide if they want to post.

I don't understand the goal of the pro and con threads. What good does it do to have people proclaim themselves to be pro or con ai? And, why do we have to separate the two into separate threads that cannot co-exist? This is the exact point of my threads. Debate is frowned upon. Why aren't people allowed to debate the issue? Why do we have to segregate them?

See my quote above.

Tippiechick
09-28-2006, 11:10 PM
See my quote above.

So, you're just wanting a roll call of posters? What purpose does that serve other than to pre-judge the validity of a poster's views?

valkyrie
09-28-2006, 11:12 PM
It's asking the wrong question. It's like saying "are you pro or con abortion?" Whether you support a woman's right to have an abortion if she chooses is a completely different question from whether you are pro or con abortion -- you can be completely opposed to abortion but still support another woman's right to have one.

PenguinTrax
09-28-2006, 11:15 PM
I don't think it pre-judges anything. The people posting to these threads are already on record as being for or against AI. All someone has to do is read through the postings on GC to find out that information. I'm just putting in all in one place for everyone to see.

PenguinTrax
09-28-2006, 11:16 PM
It's asking the wrong question. It's like saying "are you pro or con abortion?" Whether you support a woman's right to have an abortion if she chooses is a completely different question from whether you are pro or con abortion -- you can be completely opposed to abortion but still support another woman's right to have one.

then post in both threads. Some folks already have.

Tippiechick
09-28-2006, 11:17 PM
I don't think it pre-judges anything. The people posting to these threads are already on record as being for or against AI. All someone has to do is read through the postings on GC to find out that information. I'm just putting in all in one place for everyone to see.

Why does anyone care whether or not someone is pro-AI or con-AI unless they are using it in the context of determining the validity of the post? Why do we need a thread stating our opinion on the subject? Why not allow discussion on the topic? That's the point.

PenguinTrax
09-28-2006, 11:22 PM
There is no 'valid' or 'invallid' argument. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion. That is the only point.

You want to go ahead and start a thread to argue the point of pro vs con? Go ahead. As long as it doesn't get personal, the thread will stay put.

tunatartare
09-28-2006, 11:27 PM
Barbara, you're missing the point here. With all of the recent thread deletions going on here, people are starting to feel like we can't disagree with anyone on anything or else our posts will be deleted. You may think that you are encouraging us to express our opinions, but by creating two separate threads that basically just serve as a roll-call, you are only sending out the message that opposing opinions are inappropriate or aren't tolerated.

Tippiechick
09-28-2006, 11:27 PM
There is no 'valid' or 'invallid' argument. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion. That is the only point.

You want to go ahead and start a thread to argue the point of pro vs con? Go ahead. As long as it doesn't get personal, the thread will stay put.

Tell that to your favorite poster. Seems like the personal attacks come whenever someone disagrees with her.

tunatartare
09-28-2006, 11:31 PM
Tell that to your favorite poster. Seems like the personal attacks come whenever someone disagrees with her.
Please see my post in the recently deleted threads thread regarding that.

PenguinTrax
09-28-2006, 11:32 PM
I don't play favorites, never have, never will. Same rules are applied across the board. Your opinion differs and I know and respect that difference.

Buttonz
09-28-2006, 11:42 PM
Barbara, you're missing the point here. With all of the recent thread deletions going on here, people are starting to feel like we can't disagree with anyone on anything or else our posts will be deleted. You may think that you are encouraging us to express our opinions, but by creating two separate threads that basically just serve as a roll-call, you are only sending out the message that opposing opinions are inappropriate or aren't tolerated.

Agreed 100%

sigmadiva
09-29-2006, 01:14 AM
The problem is that whether you're in favor of AI as a concept has nothing to do with Greekchat. I think AI is great in appropriate circumstances, but I think it's awful when freaks find out about it on GC and people encourage them. So I can't say whether I'm "pro" or "con" AI, because it depends on the situation.

As an NPC "outsider" I agree also.

I don't think the process of pursuing AI should be discussed on GC any more than the process of pursuing membership at the collegiate level. Each org will have her own private rules for joining and they should not be discussed in public. When a 'freak' comes on here pushing her interests to AI into 'any org that will take her', then that is when the discussion gets hot.

I can understand why this is such a sensitive issue - no one wants their org perceived as the 'easy to AI into org'. I think this has been the crux of the whole NPC AI issue here on GC.

When you talk about membership, whether it is for collegiate membership or AI, it can become very sticky for a number of reasons. That is why it should not be discussed, or even hinted at on a public forum.

As I have been on GC over the years, I've come to appreciate the fact that the D9 mods will immediately close / delete threads concerning membership into a D9 org. You can scroll through the AKA and Delta forums on a daily basis and some weirdo has posted some question like 'I love you guys and obsess on becoming a member - what do I need to do to join your org'. Then the mods of each forum will direct the poster to the org's national website for membership information. I think if you did that here for NPC - AI, it will cut out all of this confusion and mess.

PT, as I am reading it, I don't think the issue is 'pro' v. 'con' AI. I think the issue is that people are very protective of who is allowed membership into their org.

Sistermadly
09-29-2006, 01:42 AM

Wordy McWord Word. WORD.

Scandia
09-29-2006, 07:20 AM
I do not think "fulfilling a dream" and "contributing to an organization" are mutually exclusive in any way.

AlphaFrog
09-29-2006, 07:30 AM
I'm not sure which thread to post on either....

I'm completely against Sorority Shopping.
I'm for AI when the sorority member offers it to the PNAM, but not when the PNAM goes "seeking out" sorority members to bug about it.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, that I have less of a problem with, are women who were involved in a local in college (that hasn't been absorbed by an NPC), and now want a national tie. I still don't think that they should go sorority shopping, but if they have encountered a woman in an NPC, or an Alumna Chapter that stands out to them, I think they would be a good fit for AI in certain situations. They're obviously not trying to live out their college days as an active...they got the chance to do that, and know what that part of sorority life is about. They'd make decent advisors, because they HAVE been through the experience.

AlphaFrog
09-29-2006, 07:32 AM
I do not think "fulfilling a dream" and "contributing to an organization" are mutually exclusive in any way.

No. But one is a reason that someone might be a good AI candidate (given that they meet OTHER criteria, like say...having a connection to that group), and the other is a ridiculous reason to pursue AI. I'll let everyone figure out which is which.

PenguinTrax
09-29-2006, 07:39 AM
And the funny thing is, I started a thread so that you could discuss the issue and noone has posted in it. Because they aren't interested or because I posted that personal attacks wouldn't be allowed? Only the Shadow knows for sure....

PinkandGreenJ
09-29-2006, 08:27 AM

Exactly. I don't understand what will be accomplished. I don't even understand why it is necessary. It seems even more divisive and nasty than some of the other threads that have been deleted by the moderators. But, that is just my opinion and others are free to disagree.

PinkandGreenJ
09-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Can someone tell me which category I belong in, because I'm very confused...

I am an AI.
I think AI is a great way to have outstanding women join my organization, if my organization feels they deserve the honour.
I think if you know someone that would make a great member of your sorority, it's a great opportunity to involve them.
I think it's useful for people who's locals were absorbed by an NPC.
I don't think AI is a good thing to pursue on the internet.
I don't favour AI for people who are using it to fulfill a dream rather than contribute to an organization.
I don't think AI is a good fit for everyone.
I don't think AI advice should be freely given around GC.

Does that make me Pro or Anti AI??????

Good question, aries! You are always a voice of reason....

AlphaFrog
09-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Exactly. I don't understand what will be accomplished. I don't even understand why it is necessary. It seems even more divisive and nasty than some of the other threads that have been deleted by the moderators. But, that is just my opinion and others are free to disagree.

Someone wants a "list" of Pro-AI people and Anti-AI people, so that when a PNAI comes on GC, and someone gives them advice (good bad or indifferent), we can point out "She's on the Anti-AI list, don't listen to her" or "She's Pro-AI, take her advice".

It also gives the mods a list of whose comments to seek out to delete. (Yes, I said it. Waiting for it to be deleted. Go ahead.)

SmartBlondeGPhB
09-29-2006, 11:50 AM

So the solution is to just make it personal so the whole trainwreck goes away............

PenguinTrax
09-29-2006, 12:22 PM
So the solution is to just make it personal so the whole trainwreck goes away............

Make what personal?

valkyrie
09-29-2006, 12:23 PM
I still want to understand the point of the pro/con threads. Is it just a roll call attempting to categorize opinions, which I think is futile because opinions on an issue like this are fluid and cannot easily be categorized? If there are more people posting in favor of con than pro, will this forum go away -- or if there are more pro than con posts, will this forum stay? What is the purpose?

SydneyK
09-29-2006, 12:34 PM
I started a thread so that you could discuss the issue and noone has posted in it.

If there were only one thread, people would definitely be posting in it, but with so many threads to choose from, it's difficult to know where to start. My experience has been that, when there is more than one thread on the same topic, mods merge them together so people can read ONE thread instead of having to wade through a whole swamp of threads.

There are posts I'd like to respond to but I don't feel like I can simply because I disagree with that poster. It's difficult to respond in Thread B to someone's post in Thread A. People usually read posts in one thread before moving on to another, so if I quote a post (from Thread A) in Thread B it is confusing to everyone and seems illogical and out of place.

I understand that one of the points in having two separate threads is simply an attempt to keep things civil, but one of the points of posting is to share different POVs. How can anyone grow intellectually (and yes, I realize intellectual growth is not the primary goal of GC, but still, I think it's important) if they are allowed to share only those POVs that are already in agreement?

PenguinTrax
09-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Tell you what, I'll lock the original two threads and everyone can have a free for all in the pro/anti discussion

KunjaPrincess
09-29-2006, 12:38 PM

I am an AI.
I think AI is a great way to have outstanding women join my organization, if my organization feels they deserve the honour.
I think if you know someone that would make a great member of your sorority, it's a great opportunity to involve them.
I don't favour AI for people who are using it to fulfill a dream rather than contribute to an organization.

NOt sure if you are Pro or Anti AI but when you figure it out can you let me know so I can make my stance too :D

AlphaFrog
09-29-2006, 12:40 PM
Tell you what, I'll lock the original two threads and everyone can have a free for all in the pro/anti discussion

That's really all we're asking for. Thank you.

But if you're going to let it be a free-for-all...let it be a free-for-all.

DSTCHAOS
09-29-2006, 12:42 PM
I am glad you finally came out and said that we're allowed to blow sunshine up everyone's butt but are not allowed to offer honest opinions. What in the hell is the point of that?

Blowing sunshine up someone's butt sounds illegal.

AlphaFrog
09-29-2006, 12:47 PM
If this thread gets closed before guano's thread gets closed, I'mma calling BS on the not playing favorites thing.

DSTCHAOS
09-29-2006, 12:49 PM
I call shenanigans on this whole AI thing.

AlphaFrog
09-29-2006, 12:58 PM
I call shenanigans on this whole AI thing.

I don't think you'll get much argument from many (save guano) on this anymore. I think we've pretty much come to the consensus that ya'll in the NPHC have the right idea when it comes to membership discussion (besides rush, because that's a completely different animal then NPHC).

SmartBlondeGPhB
09-29-2006, 01:01 PM

I am an AI.

With the exception of the first one (since I'm not an AI), I agree.

DSTCHAOS
09-29-2006, 01:07 PM
I don't think you'll get much argument from many (save guano) on this anymore. I think we've pretty much come to the consensus that ya'll in the NPHC have the right idea when it comes to membership discussion (besides rush, because that's a completely different animal then NPHC).

You mean in terms of these GC-wide membership debates? :)

Jill1228
09-29-2006, 01:10 PM
ditto to what aries and KP said :)

This thread is getting interesting...anyone want popcorn? (passes bucket around)

NOt sure if you are Pro or Anti AI but when you figure it out can you let me know so I can make my stance too :D

AlphaFrog
09-29-2006, 01:15 PM
You mean in terms of these GC-wide membership debates? :)

Exactly. It's like everyone on GC debating if PNAIBetty should be a DST. It SHOULDN'T be up for discussion. And even IF it were, ultimately, it doesn't matter what conclusion we come to, because it has no actual bearing on reality, so what's the point? Ya'll just have it under control better...I don't see a D9 AI forum anywhere...:) :)

DSTCHAOS
09-29-2006, 01:23 PM
Ya'll just have it under control better...I don't see a D9 AI forum anywhere...:) :)

Because there's nothing to discuss. ;);)

A large percentage of NPHC initiates are graduate chapter initiates and it's something that's well known and widely accepted for decades. If folks want to know more they can check out our respective websites and talk to their local graduate chapters. :)

There are other things that we NPHCers discuss and debate that many NPC and IFCers don't see the point or what all the fuss is about. I was just wondering the origins of this GC debate and why there were so many threads. :)

AlphaFrog
09-29-2006, 01:46 PM
I was just wondering the origins of this GC debate and why there were so many threads. :)

Awhile ago, a handful of women came and posted their AI stories. Through that, other women have discovered AI and thought "Hey, I didn't get a chance to fulfill my lifelong dream of being in a sorority while in college, but now I can through AI"...and things have gotten out of hand since then. The problem is, AI is relatively new in process to many GCers (even those who have been in the NPC for awhile) and so it's been chaos on how to handle the situation.

greekalum
09-29-2006, 01:49 PM
I think those individual stories can easily be posted in the individual organizations' sub-forums. I don't see the purpose of a catch-all forum for AI stories since the story is really only about "how I became an XYZ" which is going to be wholly different from "how I became an ABC." Keeping them all in one place just encourages the shoppers.

AlphaFrog
09-29-2006, 01:54 PM
I think those individual stories can easily be posted in the individual organizations' sub-forums. I don't see the purpose of a catch-all forum for AI stories since the story is really only about "how I became an XYZ" which is going to be wholly different from "how I became an ABC." Keeping them all in one place just encourages the shoppers.

Well the IDEA was that they were all going in the "Alumni Involvement" forum, and gunking that one up. I agree that they need to go into the individual GLO's forum and get rid of the rest of the mess. Also, it allows that sororities' Mod to determine the appropriateness of the information contained in that AI story.

valkyrie
09-29-2006, 02:10 PM
But what about the people who are sorority shopping? Do they have to post a thread in the forum of each organization they are considering? ;)

James
09-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Who the hell is guano? We actually have a member that chose a name that means bat droppings?

greekalum
09-29-2006, 02:27 PM
But what about the people who are sorority shopping? Do they have to post a thread in the forum of each organization they are considering? ;)

Yes. I think that would solve a lot of problems right-quick.

KunjaPrincess
09-29-2006, 02:51 PM
ditto to what aries and KP said :)

This thread is getting interesting...anyone want popcorn? (passes bucket around)

Carmel or buttered???:D

James
09-29-2006, 02:59 PM
If most people are unhappy with Penguin and Carnation as mods then maybe we should just give the forum back to Tom.

The recruitment mods were nice enough to offer to moderate the forum after the previous debate, and everyone seemed happy with the change, now many of the same people deliberately seem to be antagonizing them.

Going down the same Path they took with Tom before. I'm starting to think that maybe Tom wasn't the problem, they were.

So why don't we spare the mods the agravation and give the forum back to Tom, someone nothing seems to bother, or maybe . . . tone the complaints down.

So the present moderators, or back to Tom. You choose by your conduct.

valkyrie
09-29-2006, 03:01 PM

This is a logical fallacy -- a false dilemma.

_Lisa_
09-29-2006, 03:03 PM

The forum should be deleted completely.

greekalum
09-29-2006, 03:05 PM
I don't think anyone is suggesting handing it back to Tom. (Why on earth would that make sense?)

I don't know that the criticism is as much with the current mods, either. The point is- in the actual world of how AI works, any PNAI who is running around shouting about how they might want to be an XYZ or maybe an ABC or perhaps a DEF, which one will get back to her? Which one will take her? It's her DREAM and she just didn't get to do it in college and it is so unfaiiiir that people keep trying to steer her away would get shut down and promptly.

If AI commentary was restricted to the respective organizations' subforums, that type of conversation would have no place. As long as there is an open free for all area, as if AI is, like recruitment, similar across the board, that type of conversation will flourish. And I don't think ANYONE wants to encourage it. (The "AI is my great chance!" conversations, not actual AI, which I think many of us DO support.)

Unregistered-
09-29-2006, 03:08 PM

Neither.

Follow the D9 Forums' lead and nip all membership-related questions (including AI) in the bud or get rid of this forum completely.

Those are better suggestions.

kddani
09-29-2006, 03:09 PM

I'm sorry, but I swear the name associated with this post reads "James" not "John".

James
09-29-2006, 03:12 PM
If people keep pushing they are not going to want to moderate it anymore, and its already been decided not to delete the forum.

Why not hand it back to Tom? . . Why would any other moderator want to do it?

John has no obligation to try and pick moderator to please members. Although, this latest change could be looked at as a nice attempt to do exactly that . . which seems to be failing.

This is a logical fallacy -- a false dilemma.

adpiucf
09-29-2006, 03:13 PM
It's not Recruitment Forum Mods or Tom. We're saying that an AI Forum has no place here. AI is not recruitment. AI is something sororities invite individuals to in very special instances-- and it is overwhelmingly not something that we want to promote or publicize at this point in time. There should be no AI Forum or sub forum. AI can be discussed to the point of "I'm a new sister of XYZ and I joined through AI!" or a stickied thread at the top of the Alum Involvement Forum/Recruitment Forum stating that while GC recognizes the value AI members bring to their chapters, GC -RESPECTS- the wishes of NPC AI policies to practice discretion in not publicizing AI to non-members. Anyone interested in AI should talk to a friend or family member with a link to an NPC sorority."

Why is that so hard to comprehend? We don't want to discuss AI in the level of detail to which is has been discussed on GC?

AI is not recruitment. It is not part of chapter operations, risk management, social, fundraising, et. al. It is part of Greek Life, but an extremely modest number of women. The vast majority of members don't even know AI exists. Many don't like the idea of it. Others do. Those who support the program aren't actively recruiting in droves.

We don't need to promote AI on GC at all. No need for a moderator. No need for a forum. It just should not be the big issue it has become. This isn't about Tom. This isn't about Barb. This is about the AI process and exercising discretion. Why can't we do away with an AI specific forum and refer anyone interested to talk to a member of a sorority who AI'd?

James
09-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Actually I was in favor of getting rid of the forum completely also . . so i agree with you. I don't think you can have the forum exist though and expect to be able to just terminate every thread. It would look kind of funny.

Neither.

Follow the D9 Forums' lead and nip all membership-related questions (including AI) in the bud or get rid of this forum completely.

Those are better suggestions.

greekalum
Why should it exist, James? It is solely a place for people with reasons that NPC members have explicitly said are NOT reasons to AI to pursue a pipe dream. Should we also have a forum where we can all post about our pursuit of the ability to fly? A forum for men who want to join sororities and women who want to join men's fraternities? A forum for people who think their pet poodle would make a killer sorority woman?

adpiucf
John has no obligation to try and pick moderator to please members.

Why not? Didn't he put this site up to please members? I don't see huge advertisements generating clicks and profits.

This isn't an impossible request. Delete the forum and anyone with AI questions can find an AI.

tunatartare
09-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Why not? Didn't he put this site up to please members? I don't see huge advertisements generating clicks and profits.

This isn't an impossible request. Delete the forum and anyone with AI questions can find an AI.
If nothing else, this would make it easier for the current moderators since there would be a lot less reported posts.

_Opi_
09-29-2006, 03:20 PM
In my opinion, Tom should be stripped of all moderator rights based on his recent conduct.

tunatartare
09-29-2006, 03:23 PM
In my opinion, Tom should be stripped of all moderator rights based on his recent conduct.
co-sign

greekalum
09-29-2006, 03:24 PM
In my opinion, he should have been stripped of moderator rights long ago based on the content of his posts alone.

adpiucf
09-29-2006, 03:36 PM
As much as I may or may not agree, let's not turn this into a "Who's the better moderator" debate--- please. It dilutes from the major issue that has been bothering the majority of NPC posters active in the AI Forum. We support AI within our sororities. We don't support AI as a Greek Chat forum.

Unregistered-
09-29-2006, 03:39 PM
As much as I may or may not agree, let's not turn this into a "Who's the better moderator" debate--- please.

We have James to thank for that.

It was never a "better moderator" debate and I don't know why he decided to turn it in to one. :rolleyes:

irishpipes
09-29-2006, 03:40 PM

Please do not ever again mention Tom being stripped. A picture I do not need in my mind!

Buttonz
09-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Keeping them all in one place just encourages the shoppers.

Agreed!

If most people are unhappy with Penguin and Carnation as mods then maybe we should just give the forum back to Tom.

This would help how? It has nothing to do with who the mods are, it has to do with the point of the fourm in the first place.

Buttonz
09-29-2006, 03:41 PM

agreed very much

midwesterngirl
09-29-2006, 04:00 PM
The forum should be deleted completely.

Amen! If I am pro anything it is pro deletion of the entire forum. It serves no useful purpose anymore.

SmartBlondeGPhB
09-29-2006, 05:01 PM

Agreed and I have expressed as much to John.

GeekyPenguin
09-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Agreed and I have expressed as much to John.

Likewise. John is the only person who can do anything about that, so please contact him if you have a problem.

Sistermadly
09-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Blowing sunshine up someone's butt sounds illegal.

Only in 38 states.

adpiucf
09-29-2006, 11:35 PM
That sounds so quotable-- Sunshine blowing is legal in 12 states. Thankfully, my butt is parked in one of the 38 where it's illegal.

DSTCHAOS
09-29-2006, 11:46 PM
That sounds so quotable-- Sunshine blowing is legal in 12 states. Thankfully, my butt is parked in one of the 38 where it's illegal.

Bumpersticker!!!!

Tippiechick
09-29-2006, 11:47 PM
This would help how? It has nothing to do with who the mods are, it has to do with the point of the fourm in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I have little to no problem with PT or Carnation. We see differently on some things. But, as long as the guano is kept under control, I'm good.

The point is more that all posts should be judged equally in ALL forums. The AI thing was only an EXAMPLE of a thread that ended up being deleted because it began to get heated. I see nothing wrong with lively debate. I highly encourage it. And, you should know that, James.

The part about AI has only been reposted because I was making a point to keep the original thread intact. Lest someone report it or try to delete it, I wanted to make sure that all reposts contained the original text for John to review.

FSUZeta
09-30-2006, 12:44 PM
i have been sitting on the sidelines (munching my popcorn). i have to say that i am amazed and impressed that this thread has finally evolved into a constructive discussion that makes valid points. i understand where you all are coming from now-frankly, i rarely venture into the ai forum myself, except when someone pm's me that a knock-down drag out is occuring. pm those valid point to john.