PDA

View Full Version : I'm a girlfriend of an SAE

saegirlfriend
08-23-2006, 01:49 AM
I'm a recent college grad and was not involved in the greek system at my school. I have been dating an SAE for 7 months and really like him and all the guys in the house. Not being greek, a lot of the stuff that goes on is a bit confusing for me. I guess I'd like to know the proper girlfriend-etiquette.

Especially with it being rush right now I am not sure when I am welcome and not. My boyfriend doesn't seem concerned with me hanging around but I don't want to upset the other actives by hanging around when I shouldn't be.

I make sure to leave the house for meetings, but other than that I'm really not sure what to expect with bids going out and such. Any help would be really appreciated! I love all the guys in the house and don't want to end up on anyone's bad side!!

jon1856
08-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Back in the day the only girls allowed in the chapter during rush were our Little Sisters.

Girlsfriends-sorry no.

But otherwise, you seem to know just what to do.

Good luck.

SAEalumnus
08-30-2006, 09:24 PM
I tend to agree with jon1856 for the most part, but different chapters may also have different opinions. Your best bet may be to simply ask your boyfriend or whoever is in charge of the event in question as to what the chapter prefers.