PDA

View Full Version : Special Zeta memories

GiggyZ
01-16-2001, 08:46 AM
Since it is Founder's Day, why not share a special Zeta memory (one that can be made public). Here is mine...There was nothing greater in my 19 years of membership than the day myself and my linesisters crossed the "burning sands". On days like today, I often reflect on the reasons why I joined this great sisterhood, the friendships I have made through her, and the tremendous service opportunities I have realized as a result of my membership.

PS--Sorors can you tell I am trying to get rid of that Junior member thing. There is something wrong with me being "junior" to any of the frequent posters on this board. LOL.

Sweet Deliverance
01-16-2001, 10:52 AM
LOL, you are still a junior member. Its alright. http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif

I have a lot of great Zeta Memories:
The night I became a Zeta (February 29, 1992)...A story in itself. The first group of women I helped make Zetas (FL 92). Meeting Past Grands Herson, Harrison, Wolfe, Kissner, Thomas, Foster, and current Grand Carpenter. Attending my first Boule in 1994.
Attending Boule 1998 and 2000. *So many more...

Z Phi till the day I die!

------------------
Sweet Deliverance's PHI-losophy:
"What you do or do not do today determines what you can or cannot do tomorrow."

[This message has been edited by Sweet Deliverance (edited January 16, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Sweet Deliverance (edited January 16, 2001).]

GiggyZ
01-16-2001, 11:25 AM
Okay Ms. Deliverance,

I am working on upgrading my membership to the senior class. A few more posts should do it. LOL

Zeta Phi Beta in my heart.

Shelacious
01-16-2001, 11:30 AM
Hey Sorors Giggy & Sweet...

My special Zeta memory--
At Pacific Regional Meeting, just two years ago, and Past Grand Harrison (initiated in 1929) was speaking at the Undergrad Luncheon and she was being her usually sharp, witty self. Well, at one point she said, "I've made only three oaths in my life--my Oath to my church, my Oath to my husband and my Oath of Zeta, and I have never foresaken any one of the three." There wasn't a dry eye in the room from Sorors 18-80. I really felt the spirit of Zeta ("Give me that old Zeta spirit" http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif) moving in the room that day!

------------------
Finer Womanhood: the "Cat's Meow" Since 1920

ZetaAce
01-16-2001, 11:34 AM
GiggyZ you need to pump your posts up so you can get up to Senior Status http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

Some of my special Zeta memories:

The day I crossed: Novemer 19, 1997.
My first service project as a member: Working at the Special Olympics
Attending my first regional meeting!

SZL,
CK

Rachel0497
01-16-2001, 01:11 PM
Hmmm...I must say, even though it was cold and wet today when I woke up, I was in the best spirits. I started to think about everything that has happened during since I became a member, and I got misty eyed(again). Some of my special Zeta memories:

-My membership process(drama filled, but wouldn't trade it for the world)
-The night I crossed(April 8, 1997)-I felt such a sense of relief and and joy-and our probate show was the BOMB!!!!
-Serving as president of my undergrad chapter(a good learning experience)
-Sponsoring a Thanksgiving dinner for a needy family(mom and six kids)-They were wonderful and it gave me a feeling of satisfaction that we were able to help them.
-And finally(i promise, last one!) having GB Carpenter come to speak at our tiny little school for a convocation...she was friends with the college's president. Even though I'd met her before, it was such an honor for her to come-none of the other sororities National Presidents had visited!!!!!

I have had a wonderful time during my years as a Zeta, and I look forward to many more. Happy 81st, sorors!!!!!!

------------------
Sassy, Classy, but never Trashy-The Ladies of Z Phi B!

Japera1920
01-16-2001, 01:12 PM
One of the happiest day of my life was when I became a Zeta on Oct 2, 1999.
Delagate at Boule' 2000. Meeting Past Grand Soror Wolfe and having a convo with her.

Once again Happy Founder's Day

donna1920
01-16-2001, 04:55 PM
-Offically recieving my Zeta Pin on January 16, 1998!!!!

-Singing the sorority song for the first time during our Founder's Day Celebration in 1998!

-Attending my first Regional Conference in Detroit-I had a ball!!!!

Ooooh Zeta, how do I love respresenting you!!! I pledge to keep your light forever shining in my heart!!!

Z-Phiiiiiii!!!!!!

1blubaby
01-16-2001, 08:42 PM
Hey Soror G,

I'm a Senior Member!! I can call you Lil Sis for a while now!! He he.

Sisterly,
Blubaby

Finer Woman10-A-91
01-16-2001, 10:34 PM
Actually,
Very recently one of the Alpha chapter neos posted one of the sweetest kindest salutes to me I have ever been blessed to read. It was a gentle reminder of how important being an example is to those coming behind me.

I have been blessed to have some of the best examples of Finer Women from the very beginning. So today, I will shout to the world the love I have for my very Special Sorors:

Soror Dee Curtis(BZ chapter) and Soror Julia Richardson (BTZ chapter) both of whom were extremely instrumental in me being a Soror of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated.

My past Alpha chapter advisor, Soror Laura Barbara-Lee...Soror Chris Hart-Wright, Soror Connie Day, Soror Donna Woodhouse Jordan, Soror Danita Byrd, Soror Lynette Smith, Soror Aunt Goldie Baldwin...(the Zeta I aspire to be! You are soooo gracious!)

My Alpha chapter prophytes Effervescent 89 and SOS 1990.

AND LAST BUT DEFINITELY NOT LEAST!
My Line Sisters of TNG/TDG 1991!
1-A-91
2-A-91
3-A-91
4-A-91
5-A-91
6-A-91
7-A-91
8-A-91
9-A-91
Can you all believe its been almost 10 years! Sooo many memories. The love the tears...i would not trade any of them!

------------------
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated...Every Finer Woman's Dream!

[This message has been edited by Finer Woman10-A-91 (edited February 04, 2001).]

May1920
01-16-2001, 11:50 PM
Fond Zeta memories? I got a million but these are my firsts:

1. My first Founder's Day as a Soror! (three days ago!!)

2. My first Zeta para purchase!! It was a license plate frame, an adorable refrigerator magnet, a bag, a hanging rearview paddle and a shirt! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

3. The community service project.
4. My first Z-PHIIIIIII!!!
5. First Zeta I had ever met.
6. Learning how to party walk!
7. Learning how to step! (wasn't E-Zee!)
8. Chapter meeting ( you'll NEVER forget your first one, right sorors?)

Soror May
Spring 2000
Z.S. M.I.L.L.E.N.I.A
#4-Anchor

------------------
Finerwoman...that's me!

ridiculous2000
01-17-2001, 02:24 PM
GREETINGS SORORS AND HAPPY FOUNDERS DAY TO ALL!!!

I AM A BRAND NEW ZETA (DECEMBER 8, 2000), SO EVERY MOMENT FOR ME HAS BEEN TRULY SPECIAL. I GUESS I CAN NARROW IT DOWN.

1. THE NIGHT I BECAME A ZETA.
2. MY FIRST CHAPTER MEETING.
3. BEING CALLED SOROR.
4. MY ULTIMATE MEMORY THAT I WILL ALWAYS TREASURE IS MY FIRST FOUNDERS DAY PROGRAM (SUNDAY, JAN. 14). IT WAS SUCH A PLEASURE BEING IN THE PRESENCE OF ALL THE BLUTIFUL WOMEN OF ZETA PHI BETA. I WAS ALMOST IN TEARS WHEN I LOOKED AROUND AT ALL THESE BLUTIFUL WOMEN SINGING THE ZETA SONG. WE WERE LOCKED HAND IN HAND. I AM GETTING MISTY RIGHT NOW AS I TALK ABOUT.

BABY BLUE
FALL 2000
ALPHA RHO ZETA CHAPTER
MONTGOMERY, AL

Nieja
01-26-2001, 01:13 PM
Greetings Sorors. My greatest memory was when I attended the Zeta Rush of Spring 92 and a graduate Soror said "Zeta is about Quality Not Quantity" and realizing that Zeta was where I needed to be. My second greatest memory was when I attended a Founder's Day celebration for AKA and was asked to sing our sorority hymn, alone. I was the only Zeta there at the time; however, after about 20 seconds the rest of my chapter showed, Iota Chapter; Talladega College, and we finished to a standing ovation. That my sorors was pure quality because it was only four of us at the time.

------------------
Nieja
The work you do represents all that you are, remember it's the quality of your work not the quantity that counts.

Chi_ZETABBW
01-26-2001, 10:56 PM
My most special Zeta moment was August 5, 2000.
The day I was made a Zeta at 2:30pm.
I waited for this for 18 years. So at the age of 35, yes I am a NEO. Everything I do with Zeta and for Zeta is special.
My first chapter meeting.
My first service project.
My NEOPHYTE in which I got set-out.
My first ZPHI
and looking forward to my first Regional in April.

May1920
02-03-2001, 10:56 AM
I got five memories!

1. First time I said "ship."
2. Meeting other "inactive" sorors and encouraging them to come out.
3. First step show that I was in.
4. First step show that I went to see as a ZETA. http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif
5. Honking at another soror with plates and the Z-phi being returned.

That's all for now!

May1920
02-03-2001, 11:58 AM
Lemme expound on point #5 about the first Zeta I had ever met!

My first impression of this particular soror embodied the principles of the sorority. She's a business savvy sister, with all the exterior trimmings of success. She exuded class, elegance and to top that, she's got a sharp mind to boot. From this framework, rather an example of Zeta, I set out to discover Zeta as my sisterhood. This is why I now stress upon the principle of FW-hood, you have to know it to identify with it.

When she shared with me that she was a Zeta, of course, I immediately equated that this is the sisterhood that I wanted to join. If she had all this going on + leadership in the sorority, then there must be zillions like her in Zeta! And it was TRUE!

------------------
Finerwoman...that's me!

May1920
02-04-2001, 12:12 AM
How can I forget this one! Meeting Former IGB Soror Janice Kissner...Truly a lady! And I didn't have my camera!!

Finer Woman10-A-91
02-05-2001, 12:14 AM
Having punch and cookies with Honorable Founder Fannie P. Watts and my linesister Miata.

------------------
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated...Every Finer Woman's Dream!

GiggyZ
02-05-2001, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Finer Woman10-A-91:
Having punch and cookies with Honorable Founder Fannie P. Watts and my linesister Miata.

Now that is REALLY a special memory!

zphib301
07-22-2001, 07:35 PM
Greetings Sorors,

I had to add to this post!

1. The day, or morning that I became a Zeta. March 3, 2001 @ 1:34 am.

2. My first chapter meeting.

3. The first time that I was called soror.

4. My first state meeting, a few months ago here in New Jersey.

5. The first time, and every time since, that I have been recognized by Zetas and Sigmas and shown love because of my license plate frame.

Of course, I am looking forward to my first regional in Pittsburg, Boule next July, and many more Blue- tiful years in the best sorority in the whole world.

DarknLovlieZeta
07-23-2001, 09:55 PM
Soror, may I ask you what your line names mean? I think they're cool, and I know they have meanings to them. You don't have to tell me, but I was just curious. I guess curiosity keeps the excitement going. lol
Nuthin' but Love from this young Dove,
N'Finite Blue

DarknLovlieZeta
07-23-2001, 09:56 PM
To Finer Woman10-A-91...
Soror, may I ask you what your line names mean? I think they're cool, and I know they have meanings to them. You don't have to tell me, but I was just curious. I guess curiosity keeps the excitement going. lol
Nuthin' but Love from this young Dove,
N'Finite Blue

TRUE ZETA
07-31-2001, 11:52 AM
Mines would be at my last founders day at my chapter. I was basileus that year, and I worked really hard to make sure things were purrrfect. I founders day program was a success and there was standing room only. WE always gave a gift to our advisors, but this time my neos gave me a gift because they knew it would be my last year at our chapter. They said they were going to miss me and they bought me a gift from my favorite store..The Limited. I was so touched that I was in tears. Thats some luv for ya!