PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi is in the news!

Predestined
07-12-2000, 05:15 PM
I was just wondering what you guys think about the hanging, said to be suicide, of the young man in Mississippi? It has been all over the news lately. Rev. Jesse Jackson has been to the small town of Columbia where he lead a march. I think it is a shame that some people are still living their life as if they are in the 50's and 60's.
However, I think that it is wonderful how so many people have turn out to support the family. Donations have been taken, and local churches have been really supportive. It's just good to see black people coming together and representing in a positve manner. Let me know what you think.

kiml122
07-12-2000, 07:30 PM
I think that it is great that we as a people came together for one common cause, I just don't like the cause that we as a people had to come together for!

------------------
Peace
KL

ZetaAce
07-12-2000, 08:25 PM
I think this whole situation is very sad, and I think it is good that people have come together to support the family during this their time of sorrow.

As far as the hanging/suicide goes, I think it would be wise that we, as a people, give the police adequate time to do their job. Jesse Jackson stormed in two days after the incident occured to proclaim it to be a racial incident. (Jesse Jackson is not on my list of favorite politicians, but that's another story).

I wouldn't be suprised if it was in fact, racial. This is a sad sad world that we live in.

ZetaAce