PDA

View Full Version : Sigma Nu alum gives $5 mil to U Fla

hoosier
11-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Winter Park Couple Donates $5 million to University of Florida

GAINESVILLE, FL (AP) -- A Winter Park couple is donating $5 million to the University of Florida. Jim and Alexis Pugh are making the donation to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences to allow the university to construct a new building to house the Bob Graham Center for Public Service. The building will be named Jim and Alexis Pugh Hall.
Jim Pugh and Bob Graham were fraternity brothers at the university. Pugh earned his bachelor's degree in building construction from UF in 1963. Graham earned a bachelor's degree in history in 1959.
With anticipated matching state funds, construction could start as early as the summer of 2006 and be completed by 2008. Pugh owns Epoch Properties, a company that builds hotels, time shares and rental housing.
Bob Graham is a former US senator and governor. He's working with Florida and the University of Miami to create two centers that will focus on public leadership, the Americas and homeland security.

HoosierPhiSig
11-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Kappa Sigma alum, Todd Wagner (one of Mark Cuban's business partners), donated nearly $6 million to build Kappa Sigma's beautiful new house at IU.

RioLambdaAlum
11-02-2005, 12:23 AM
Must be nice geesh I'm jealous! :eek:

Coramoor
11-02-2005, 10:52 AM
If I ever have the means, I would donate to my fraternity chapter and not give a cent to WVU.

WVU shits on the greek system every chance it gets, and then when they need student participation they make us attend or dole out punishments.

Kind of funny considering that most of the donations to WVU come from greek alumni. I imagine that pool is going to dry up pretty soon.