PDA

View Full Version : Wedding traditions

GeekyPenguin
10-01-2005, 08:14 PM
I searched our forum, and we don't appear to have a thread on this. Since I just found out the past president of Gamma Omega is engaged and I will be standing up in the wedding, I want to know unique traditions that your chapters have.

Right now all my chapter does is serenade the couple at the wedding - usually we sing "Love, Labor, Learning and Loyalty" and "Remember" then seg into "Linger."

What does your chapter or alumnae association do?

kk_bama
12-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Get drunk!

No really, I haven't been to a Bama sister's wedding yet, but I can only hope that I at least get LLL&L at mine. I don't really know of anything else that's done other than singing.

amandap4bama
12-19-2005, 10:31 AM
I have attended two gamma phi weddings and at both, we made a circle around the Bride and sang 'Circles' at the reception.

Another cute idea, I will use one day. At one wedding, when a Gamma Phi entered the church they were given a pink carnation to wear on their dress.

GeekyPenguin
12-19-2005, 10:56 AM
"Circles" is the song that goes,

All my life's a circle, sunrise and sundown
The moon rolls through the..

right?

I LOVE that song and my chapter actually used to sing it a lot, but I can't remember the words now.

amandap4bama
12-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Yeah, that's it. I always have to right down the words.

gpb1874
12-19-2005, 12:39 PM
i don't believe i know that song. after my wedding (of course!) i thought it would have been nice to a reading of the Matthew 7:25 verse:

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds
blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was
founded upon a rock.

since marriage should be have a firm foundation.

kk_bama
12-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by gpb1874
i don't believe i know that song. after my wedding (of course!) i thought it would have been nice to a reading of the Matthew 7:25 verse:

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds
blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was
founded upon a rock.

since marriage should be have a firm foundation.

Very cool idea.

swedenmb
12-24-2005, 02:18 PM
All of the Gamma Phi receptions I've been to, we've always serendaded the bride with "Gamma Phi Girl". Always touching in my opion!

afboiler
12-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by swedenmb
All of the Gamma Phi receptions I've been to, we've always serendaded the bride with "Gamma Phi Girl". Always touching in my opion!

The girls did this at my wedding and it was great and all the guests thought it was nice.

GPhiBZS
01-03-2006, 10:05 PM
I really like that idea of the pink carnations to all of the Gamma Phi's who attend the wedding....

I def think the saying is right , " I didn't come to college to find my husband, I came to find my bridesmaids!"