PDA

View Full Version : Destiny's Child

Texas_Dove
07-25-2000, 06:36 PM
Many of you may have already heard that recently another member of Destiny's Child was banished from the group. At present, there are no immediate plans to replace her.

Do you feel that this group will continue to thrive --OR-- (like so many other groups) allow internal bickering to disband them?

prettypoodle6
07-27-2000, 12:08 AM
In my opinion, they're going down......the music is tight and all, but is says A LOT when you cant keep your act together.

Besides, Beyonce' might as well go solo since it seems like it's her and her backup singers anyway!

PrettyPoodle6

The Negotiator
08-11-2000, 01:55 PM
My thoughts on Beyonce's Child. That is what I am calling it because that is the only person that is going to be left (oh yeah and Kelly b/c they are family).

I think the group is definitely going down. But think about it they weren't that "tight" to begin with. When one person gets all the attention it will never last. If you have seen the last video you would understand what I am talking about, you only see Beyonce.

It won't be long before they are no more.

#3 The Negotiator
Delta Sigma Theta

blu_theatrics
08-12-2000, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by The Negotiator:
My thoughts on Beyonce's Child.

LMAO

Rachel0497
10-21-2000, 04:57 PM
Okay, I think I should say something in light of the recent news that (a)Beyonce is about to work on a solo album, but she is not leaving DC, or(b) her manager/dad is working on getting solo deals for all 3. First of all, I have heard Kelly sing solo-she has a much better voice than Beyonce. I have not heard the other girl sing, but if she has such a strong voice, let's hear it!
Second, the group shows signs of Supreme-itis. You have a group that is being micro-managed by someone close to them(in the Supremes case it was Berry Gordy, for DC it is Beyonce's daddy). At first it seemed as if it was a ensemble effort, but we quickly saw favortism and preference. And now, the solo deal thing. IMO, this group needs to stay together, cause honestly, if any of them went solo (except Kelly), I would neither buy nor listen to their music. Beyonce sounds like a wailing goat.

------------------
Sassy, Classy, but never Trashy-The Ladies of Z Phi B!

MIDWESTDIVA
10-23-2000, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rachel0497:

Beyonce sounds like a wailing goat.

ROFL! She is a pretty girl. Maybe she should try modeling instead of singing.

------------------
We often give our enemies the means for our own destruction.

Aesop c550 BC