PDA

View Full Version : VERY random question

kappagirl00
05-26-2001, 12:23 AM
A few years ago, there was a very long and detailed article in Seventeen magazine about sorority rush. It focused on a Sigma Kappa chapter. I was just wondering if any of you are familiar with this article -- and if it was published online or anything. One of my friends is going through rush next year (I don't think her campus has Sigma Kappa, but the article is still informational) and I'd love to locate a copy (probably on the internet) for her.

Any ideas?

shopgirl
05-26-2001, 04:09 AM
I wish I could help you, but I have/had no idea about the article. However, if you find it will you PLEASE let me know how to get a copy. I would LOVE to read it.

Thanks Kappagirl00,
shopgirl

shopgirl
05-26-2001, 04:11 AM
Maybe you should ask this question in the Greek Life forum. Perhaps someone could tell you, and me, how to go about finding it.

33girl
05-26-2001, 06:26 PM
Hey, I just decided to come on here and be nebby. http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif kappagirl00, I've tried to find this article online too and couldn't. The best way to find it is "the old fashioned way." Go to a library that has Seventeen in circulation, find the article through the Reader's Guide to Periodical Literature (they have yearly ones - just look under "college sororities") and the library should be able to get the back issue for you.

UofISigKap
05-27-2001, 05:32 PM
I remember the article because it was published when I was starting to apply to colleges. It focused on the entire rush process at one of the chapters in Michigan (State or U of M).
I know the Sigma Kappa national website had it online in it's entirety. I couldn't find it when I went back to look for it now, but it could be there, and I just missed it.

ZTAMich
05-29-2001, 07:11 PM
I remember the article! And up until about 2 years ago I had it! Sadly, it was lost during a move from Long Island to Florida http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif But if anyone comes up with it I would love to read it again...I remember being very impressed. It was probably one of the first things I ever read about sororities. I tried the SK website but no luck!

Harmony
05-30-2001, 12:17 AM
OMG-I have that article. I was obssessed w/ it. It's basically what made me want to ever rush in the first place. I have it around here somewhere. When I had to toss my whole magazine collection, I kept that one. You know what the weird thing is...out of the 21 panhel sororities on campus, I ended up a Sigma Kappa after all!

shopgirl
05-30-2001, 04:18 AM
Harmony...

That's so awesome! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif When you find it can you please post the issue month and year? I would like to get a copy of it and that would probably make it easier to obtain. Thanks. http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

Harmony
05-30-2001, 11:43 PM
Found it! It was the January 1997 issue of Seventeen w/ Aaliyah on the cover. Enjoy!

SoCalGirl
06-11-2001, 09:34 PM
Hi everyone!

We always have that article on display during rush. One of the girls that got an SK bid in the article went on to become chapter president!

mets31grl
08-06-2001, 10:26 AM
Hey ladies, I found a copy of this article on the ebayt site! I already have one, but I thought you might be interested. It's at www.ebay.com. (http://www.ebay.com.) I found it under seracing for "Sigma Kappa", but you can try under the item number 1453559051. Right now there are no bids on it and it starts at $.99. So if you are still interested in it you might be able to find it there!

skblondie
02-25-2002, 03:17 AM
It is so funny that this subject came up! I actually ripped the article out of the magazine years ago because i have always wanted to be in a sorority. It was the funniest thing...i came home for thanksgiving break and looked in my desk drawer, took it out, and decided to read the article again (since now i actually was in a sorority.) So, I began to read it and was so surprised to discover that it was SIGMA KAPPA. How ironic. I then took it to chapter, and told the house about it, and now it is hanging on the message board in the date room. :)

ZTAngel
04-16-2002, 01:06 PM
I had the article when it first came out but I accidently threw it away right before I moved to college. I really wish I still had it. I wrote to Seventeen magazine requesting a copy of it but they never wrote me back. :mad: If any of you find another way that I can obtain the article let me know. I'd love to have a copy! :)
ZTAngel

SigK_Bama
04-17-2002, 04:02 PM
This is a long shot, but you might want to check ebay. You never know what kind of stuff you'll find there!:p

DigitalAngel126
08-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Any updates on this?? I still haven't found the articule either...

Aquastar
08-04-2003, 04:06 PM
its january of 97 ... i think you can contact Seventeen to get copies ... but ive never tried
<3

sueali
08-04-2003, 05:05 PM
I contacted seventeen about 2 weeks ago and asked them about the article because I didn't know which year or month it was in and they told me they didn't know and couldn't help me, to look at my local library.

Aquastar
08-04-2003, 06:26 PM
can they help you if you have the year and the month?
<3