PDA

View Full Version : The Official Homecoming 2005 thread!

KSUViolet06
09-09-2005, 08:45 PM
It's that time of year again! Who are you paired with? What events are there? Did you win anything?

We are paired with Delta Tau Delta & Alpha Tau Omega!

Our homecoming events are:

*Roll Call Dance
*Window Decorating (basically decorating a Student Center window with a posterboard).
*Banner contest

Good luck everyone!

Optimist Prime
09-09-2005, 10:47 PM
Homecoming is on my Birthday this Year! I Love that. It will be the biggest birthday party of my life thanks to the undergrads. I will be the King of the Hill, litteraly, because Radford, my Alma Mater, has hills.

I look forward to rolling beer kegs down the hill, and otherwise setting a horrible example as an alumnus. Don't do what Donny Don't does.

ShaedyKD
09-09-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm looking forward to Homecoming more than any other weekend next month.

neonsparkles
09-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Homecoming is also on MY birthday so I'msuper excited.... and it will probably get ridiculous.
My sorority usually has a float in the parade so I will probably have to start the day off there.
We are paired with Fiji this year so it should be a lot of fun!

ThetaChiGuy
09-10-2005, 09:38 PM
We are paired with alpha epsilon phi for homecoming.

PinkSigma3
09-10-2005, 10:08 PM
We are doing Tarzan theme for our float and we are working with Acacia, Sigma Tau Gamma, & Alpha Xi Delta. I'm pretty excited!!
I'm homecoming chair, so hopefully all goes well.

Xylochick216
09-11-2005, 10:46 AM
Homecoming is next weekend at Elon. We don't do the pairing up thing, but Alpha Chi has done well and even won in past years. I'm excited to go back and meet the new members and hang out :)

blueGBI
09-11-2005, 02:31 PM
I'm one of the two homecoming chairs for my APO chapter. We're pairing with Phi Sigma Pi. Homecoming isn't til the week of 10/22-10/29 but we're already going insane.

LightBulb
09-12-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Optimist Prime
Homecoming is on my Birthday this Year! I Love that. It will be the biggest birthday party of my life thanks to the undergrads. I will be the King of the Hill, litteraly, because Radford, my Alma Mater, has hills.Woohoo, Radford!!

Happy birthday!

PS - Any idea why we have the bees / beehives?

DST4A00
09-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by lilsunshine214
Phi Gamma Pi is paired up with SAE and we've got some ideas going. :cool:
What do you mean by pairing?

KSUViolet06
09-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by DST4A00
What do you mean by pairing?

Usually a fraternity and sorority are paired together to compete in the Homecoming competitions. Each school usually has different events. For example, we have a Dance competition, a banner contst and a window painting contest. Hope this helps!

DST4A00
09-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by JocelynC
Usually a fraternity and sorority are paired together to compete in the Homecoming competitions. Each school usually has different events. For example, we have a Dance competition, a banner contst and a window painting contest. Hope this helps!

A lot. Thanks. I thought it was a question about who you'd be playing for the game. I don't think we pair with anyone. Too bad, it sounds like fun.

BSUPhiSig'92
09-16-2005, 10:12 PM
Our chapters don't pair up for Homecoming, but since part of my job is coordinating all of the Homecoming events, I just can't wait til it's over!

KSUViolet06
09-16-2005, 10:49 PM
Update- our BANNER won 3rd place :)

ThetaChiGuy
09-18-2005, 04:23 PM
At my school, homecoming is a contest where you stay up all night making a float with a skit on it for the parade. Most of the fraternities and sororities are paired up and it is a decent, but tiring, time.

Xylochick216
09-18-2005, 05:44 PM
Elon actually won its homecoming game! We were shocked. My old chapter won a few events, and our queen rep. got 3rd. I think AXiD was the highest Greek org to score in the top 3 totals. I think they got 2nd. Res. Life got 1st and Phoenix Phanatics (a spirit group) got 3rd.

Betarulz!
09-18-2005, 07:52 PM
Homecoming at Nebraska this year will be the 2nd through the 8th, with the game on the 8th against Texas Tech.

This years theme is "Husker Island - A Big Red Paradise"

Beta is teamed up with Kappa Alpha Theta, and probably at least one other chapter (maybe two).

Events for the week and how points are determined.

Fun Run/Costume Contest: Points for each runner/walker, and then points awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd of the costume contest (Each participating group picks a costume that every one wears - last year we got disqualified for being ninjas, because someone complained and thought we were terrorists).

Banner: paint a bed sheet. Points for first, second, third.

Blood Drive: Points awarded for simply signing up to donate blood and making your appointment - actual donation not necessary. Trying to really avoid the whole Mizzou fiasco situation.

Kareoke: Points to 1st, 2nd, 3rd in each category. Points also given for attendance, must have 50% of your chapter roster show up and sign in.

Step Show: Points for attendance, again requires 50% of the chapter show up and sign in.

Lawn Display: Build a huge lawn display with wood, chicken wire and tissue paper. Points for 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

Points are totaled for each division of participation: Fraternity, Sorority, Student Organization, and Residence Hall. All the fraternities and sororities take homecoming pretty seriously. The Student Organization category is between the Health Center Student Advisory Board, and the two Senior Honorary Societies (Mortar Board and Innocents). The dorms are always really random and really shitty.

TSteven
11-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Mills, Huffman Named Homecoming Queen, King (http://news.uky.edu/news/display_article.php?category=1&artid=723)
Written by: Kelley Bozeman
©2004-2005 by the University of Kentucky

http://news.uky.edu/news/Media/mML9eP.jpeg
Amanda Mills and Antoine Huffman

LEXINGTON, Ky. (Oct. 29, 2005) – Amanda Mills, daughter of Randy and Emily Mills of Frankfort, Ky., and Antoine Huffman, son of Aspie Huffman-Johnson of Jonesboro, Ga., were crowned the University of Kentucky homecoming queen and king during halftime ceremonies at the UK-Mississippi State homecoming game.

Mills [DDD] is a senior corporate communications major and was sponsored in the homecoming royalty candidacy by Delta Delta Delta sorority. Huffman is a senior telecommunications major and starting cornerback of the Wildcat football team. He was sponsored by Delta Delta Delta sorority.

Other finalists for queen and king were:

• Michelle Bishop, [KAQ] a senior accounting and finance major, daughter of Jim and Stephanie Brown and the late Neal Bishop, Jr. of Scottsville, Ky., sponsored by Sigma Chi fraternity
• Emily Pfeiffer, [CW] a senior finance major, daughter of Frederick and Stephanie Pfeiffer of Columbus, Ohio, sponsored by Chi Omega sorority
• Kenny Moyer, [SC] a senior finance major, son of Ken and Debby Moyer of St. Matthews, Ky., sponsored by Sigma Chi fraternity
• Daniel Turner [FDQ], a senior economics major, son of Tom and Karen Turner of Kevil, Ky., sponsored by Alpha Omicron Pi sorority

Other homecoming royalty candidates included:

• Gennessa Guzman, a senior political science, Spanish, and Latin American Studies major, daughter of Randy and Stella Guzman of Covina, Calif., sponsored by Athletes in Action
• Samiha Nasser, a senior philosophy major, daughter of Mohammed and Munira Nasser of Nicholasville, Ky., sponsored by Habitat for Humanity
• Lora Lee Winstead [AGD], a senior public service and leadership major, daughter of Kerry and Debbie Winstead of Slaughters, Ky., sponsored by Alpha Gamma Delta sorority
• Matthew Douglas [FGD] , a senior business and economics major, son of Brian and Melinda Douglas of Louisville, Ky., sponsored by Phi Gamma Delta fraternity
• Tim Potter [FarmHouse], a senior finance and marketing major, son of Dean and Dana Potter, of Morganfield, Ky., sponsored by FarmHouse fraternity
• Andrew Schuette [PKF] , a junior communication disorders major, son of Mike and Debra Schuette, of Corydon, Ky., sponsored by Pi Kappa Phi fraternity

Kentucky 13 Mississippi State 7 :D

ISUKappa
11-01-2005, 10:56 AM
I didn't see this thread earlier:

Kappa Kappa Gamma at Iowa State won Homecoming with the men of FarmHouse and Kappa Sigma. This is the second year in a row Kappas have been part of the winning pairing.

AND we won the football game. Too bad by the time my mom and I got to drive around Greekland to look at all the lawn displays they were mostly destroyed.

hannahgirl
11-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Akron's Homecoming King and Queen:

FIJI and Delta Sigma Theta

Candidates included members from:

DG
AGD
ADPi
KKG
TKE
Sigma Nu
FIJI

FAB*SpiceySpice
11-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Homecoming was a while ago here at Mizzou, but I never saw this thread before today. :)

We were paired with Delta Upsilon, the events that make up homecoming are house decs, float, fling (skits), royalty (we had a girl and a guy in the Top 10 which was awesome, and I think it was an Ag Rho who won king, not sure about queen), blood drive, and a number of service activities.

I was so stoked when we got 2nd place overall! Farmhouse and Kappa Alpha Theta won, and I'm not sure who got third place.

JonInKC
11-05-2005, 12:35 AM
We used to pair with Gamma Sigma Sigma a lot when I was in school.

DeltAlum
11-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Ohio University's Homecoming was a few weeks ago. Great time as usual.

There hasn't been a school-wide Homecoming Queen/Court for quite a while.

flirt5721
11-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Our homecoming was two weeks ago. The nominees for homecoming king and queen from the Greek community won (TKE and Pi Phi). Kappa Sig and DZ won first place over all and my chapter along with DChi got 3rd in floats.[IMG]

This is our float (not the best but the kids loved it)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/flirt5721/Group.jpg

iMAX386
11-07-2005, 01:27 AM
Our Homecoming week at Oklahoma City University ended yesterday and Lambda Chi Alpha won it overallall! We had 5 competitions and Lambda Chi won 4 out of the 5.

The theme was "Back to the Basics" and the events were:

-Spirit Window Painting (LCA 1st, Alpha Phi 2nd, Alpha Chi Omega 3rd)

-Banner (LCA 1st, GPhiB 2nd, APhi 3rd)

-Standing Float (APhi 1st, GPhiB 2nd, LCA 3rd)

-Lip-Sync...skit competition where you choose the songs and the dialogue in between beforehand and lipsync to your recording (LCA 1st, GPhi and Black Student Assoc. 2nd, APhi 3rd)

-Race for the Stars and Game participation points (LCA, GPhiB, APhi all tied for 1st)

Sweepstakes:
1st - Lambda Chi Alpha
2nd - Alpha Phi
3rd - Gamma Phi Beta

The best part is that we won the whole of Homecoming week and didn't even start planning for it until the Sunday of Homecoming week at 11:00 pm. We beat out sororities that have been planning for weeks. We're truly the last minute legends.

I'll post pics when I get them.

FSUZeta
11-07-2005, 06:57 AM
ann imanuel, president of zeta tau alpha was crowned homecoming queen at the university of florida(several weeks ago)

achiofox
11-07-2005, 05:49 PM
homecoming here at southeast mo state was actually the weekend of halloween. We (Alpha Chi Omega) were paired with Pike and we actually won every event (a first here):
1st in Jail and Bail (a fundraising event)
1st in Window Decorating
1st in the Float (We actually got 4 perfect scores!)
and 1st Overall!
and the Pike candidate won Man of the year as well! And our football team beat Murray State for I think its first win all season....so overall it was a great homecoming!

AxiDwcu
11-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Alpha Xi Delta was paired with Sigma Phi Epsilon and we danced in the parade together to a pirates theme =) (the theme from school was : Stir it up on a tropical paradise.
the lovely ladies of Delta Zelta took second, we however didnt place.. but there's always next year!