PDA

View Full Version : Torn

Franny Granny
03-25-2001, 04:18 AM
Hey everyone. I've been a half silent/half active observer on this site for sometime now. I have an ISSUE, and I need a lil' feed back from you ladies, just to see what you all think about it.

I have a chance to study abroad in Bath, England in Spr. 2002. But in that same semester, I had set to go ahead and formally announce my interest in a certain BGL sorority.

Now, both of these opportunities are very important to me. The England excursion is pretty much a once in a life time deal which would greatly advance my marketability in the theatre arts field, and applying for intake after Spr. 2002 is something that would be undesirable, because even if I did make it, I'd be a senior.

Applying for Alumni membership MIGHT work, but it would be a few more years down the road, until I get settled after graduation and would be able to put more of a commitment into it.

So, what would you do? I have my mind PARTLY made up. Going to England for a semester is http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/eek.gif I'd be an idiot to say no, but I've also put MASSIVE amounts of time, and loads of effort into making sure that the ladies (the whole chapter, past and present) on my campus know who I am, what I'm about, and how I go about taking care of business. I am quite aware that this doesn't guarentee me the opportunity to participate in intake, but that's the chance that all interests take...

All feedback is welcome.

GoldenSongstress1922
03-25-2001, 11:03 AM
Franny Granny, your education is most important out of anything you have come to college to do. The sorority that you have chosen to join should respect that decision if they are about business. Going abroad to another country is an opportunity of a lifetime and you should do that. The experience is something that you can share with others to strive to be the best. Pledging the sorority can wait-education is ALWAYS first. Good Luck!

------------------
Cordially,

DeLandrias
(of all of these things: faith, hope, and love, the greatest of these is love)

RHOyal-Silence
03-25-2001, 11:30 AM
just like my soror said,

going to england is a once in a life time thing. whatever sorority it is can wait!

and think of all the experience u will gain!

but if it is truly in your heart to be in a sorority, it will happen. a lot of undergrads tend to think that being in a grad means u miss out on all of the "undergrad activities of being in a sorority" i am here to let u know that may not be the case.

i did become a member as an undergrad, but working with the grad chapter is a little different (more work!)

but i am on the advisory board for the undergrad and i help with all the functions. i even step with them!

so u will not miss out on much if u choose to go grad chapter and if it means a lot to u then the wait won't kill u http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif

have fun in whatever u do

EspeRHO
03-25-2001, 04:33 PM
I think you should go on the trip cause like you said it is a once in a lifetime experience. You may never get taht opportunity again, but whenever you do join that sorority, that is something that you will have for life. And if you have to do it grad, don't let that discourage you, cause the grad chapters that I have been exposed to are involved in everyway that the undergrad chapters are, they just do more work. Good luck with your decision, I hope this helped.

Franny Granny
03-25-2001, 08:14 PM
Thanks so much for the feed back. On some of the other broads, I wasn't able to say "Thanks" (so if any ladies from the other boards see this, thank you too), because my post had been put on lock down. I have pretty much made up my mind, but, i just wanted to see what others thought about it. Education, of course, is important. It's just the option of studying else where that is the issue. I'm going to graduate regardless of if it's here in the US...or over seas. Once again...THANKS!