PDA

View Full Version : wedding shower

RHOyal-Silence
03-11-2001, 05:13 PM
my sorors and i want to plan a wedding shower for my LS. i have no experience in this and i need some of your creative minds right now!!

what kind of activities could we do?

BlueReign
03-12-2001, 02:43 PM
I have only been to one wedding shower in my life and personally, I can't stand these type of gatherings. But I remember one game we played. We were in a circle and we had to name items in A-Z that the bride-to-be could take on her honeymoon. It went like this: A-aromas, B-bikinis .... V-vaseline

http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif Hope this helps.

blu_theatrics
03-15-2001, 10:43 AM
Are you talking about a bridal shower or a bachorlerette party?

RHOyal-Silence
03-15-2001, 04:38 PM
i am talking about a bridal shower. (i think)

blu_theatrics
03-16-2001, 03:57 PM
that's not as muche fun then http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

I really can't think of anything now.....lol

RHOyal-Silence
03-21-2001, 04:08 PM
thanks to all who replied

i felt extremely overwhelmed when i was handed this task.

but now i see some ways where i can make it nice and simple

Miss. Mocha
03-22-2001, 12:07 AM
I've had a bridal shower, so I have a tiny bit of experience there.

My first suggestion would be to decide on a theme and location. Themes are easy, and can be as basic as a color scheme, but you have to keep your location in mind. If you want to have their honeymoon destination as the theme, make sure you have enough room, to give the feeling of Hawaii (or where ever).

Next, think about the guest list. Is it most important for the bride to be to spend time with her "girls", or get a lot of gifts? My Maid of Honor, bless her heart, wanted me to get a lot of gifts, so she invited all of these people (her friends) that I didn't even know. I would have preferred less gifts, than trying to play hostess to some strangers. Less can actually be more.

Then games. Keep them interesting, and don't give dollar store gifts. Having less games is better than getting something you can't use.

This is important, try to have a schedule. Showers tend to get disorganized, people are trying to get plates,and hug Miss. Bertha from down the street, the shower hostess needs to keep a reign on these things. Also, showers can become clique magnets for people who always go bowling together on Thursday nights, that can make work friends, or future in-laws feel left-out. I'm sure all of us have been there, and it's uncomfortable. You want to support your girl, then you get to her shower and you just want to leave, because everybody knows each other, and you don't know anybody.

If you have a schedule, you'll have less downtime, and less chances for people to start up private (whispered) conversations with their good girlfriends.

Keep the present opening going quickly (if she does it at the party). Let's face it, we all want to see people's expressions when they open OUR gifts, but we don't really care about watching them open Aunt Sally's blender.

If you need any specific ideas, I'm not creative, but I've been to enough baby/bridal showers, and housewarming to know how not to run one.

Miss. Mocha

[This message has been edited by Miss. Mocha (edited March 21, 2001).]