PDA

View Full Version : Dkz

kaj51584
07-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Ok...this may be a dumb question, and I may go to Delta Zeta hell for asking, but what does DKZ mean? PM me if you know...I have always wondered, but was too afraid to ask.

Thanks!

AchtungBaby80
07-20-2005, 10:36 AM
Oh, are you from the chapter at Morehead State? We went there several years ago for Region Day.

You would have to be an initiated member to know the answer to your question. If you are initiated but still don't know (and trust me, I can understand because I had been active for months before I understood what the letters meant 'cause it's all really hard to absorb), talk to your chapter advisor or one of the officers. I'm sure one of them can clear things up! :)

kaj51584
07-20-2005, 01:29 PM
i am initiated but I dont know...that is bad I know...yeah we are from Morehead State. Thanks though for the help.

AchtungBaby80
07-21-2005, 01:18 PM
No problem...like I said, I was in the same boat once. :)

DZTUBAGIRL
07-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Kim check your private messages.

PlymouthDZ
07-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Yanno... I don't know what that means either.. I always wondered. :p

DZGirl
07-21-2005, 06:31 PM
This thread is so surprising to me. While I don't think GC is the best place to discuss it, this is one of the first things an initiated sister learns, or so I thought...

DZHBrown
07-21-2005, 07:26 PM
I didn't learn what it meant until I had been an alumna for 2 or 3 years.

KatieKate1244
07-21-2005, 11:27 PM
My CCD told us what it meant after our initiations. However, since the brain is currently hibernating the summer away, I can't think of what it means right now.

dvs-dz
07-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Unless the ritual has been changed since I was initiated (which I highly doubt), the meaning is stated in the ritual. I know because that was the part assigned to me.

BrandiDZ
07-22-2005, 12:13 AM
I believe, that most girls are so nervous and excited when going through initiation, that most of what happens goes in one ear and out the other. Atleast this was how it was for me. I didn't get a good grip on the true meaning of initiation and everything until another group of girls was initiated.

DZTUBAGIRL
07-22-2005, 09:49 AM
I never knew what it meant until I had that part in initiation. That is a good idea for someone to tell what it means right after initiation becuase I bet most of my chapter doesn't know what it means.

dzandiloo
07-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by AchtungBaby80
You would have to be an initiated member to know the answer to your question. If you are initiated but still don't know (and trust me, I can understand because I had been active for months before I understood what the letters meant 'cause it's all really hard to absorb), talk to your chapter advisor or one of the officers. I'm sure one of them can clear things up! :)

Ditto AchtungBaby. If you are an initiate, you are entitled to know & be reminded...follow her advice to find out.

I'm putting my extremely cautious alum-hat on, and I'll preface this with an apology if I come across as harsh-that isn't my intention...just a friendly reminder of sorts, since KAJ didn't know the answer to her question was off limits in this forum.

In general, we shouldn't be discussing in this forum or any public forum what is or isn't a part of ritual.

Since we've established that this is not public knowledge, we should not PM the meaning of DKZ to anyone whether you know they are who they say they are or not...please err on the side of caution and do not put anything that may be a sorority secret in writing, for any reason.

No one should feel bad if what they heard in initiation did not get fully absorbed. It's an emotional time, and alot to take in! Next time you have the opportunity, and no pressure of being a candidate, listen carefully to it all...it is quite beautiful and meaningful (and even I didn't realize how much until about the 3rd time I witnessed it).

I'm like Heather...I had to be reminded that I knew the meaning of DKZ, and although I had heard it many times, it didn't "gel" until I was alum....

Happy Friday!

KillarneyRose
07-22-2005, 03:16 PM
Hi sisters!
I'm going to lock this thread. Not because anyone has said anything wrong, but because the whole thing makes me a little nervous.

Remember, if there is anything you want to know or have forgotten about Delta Zeta, the best thing to do is to personally speak to another initiate. It's our right to know everything, but this isn't the place for it. Thanks! :)

In the Flame,
Tracy