PDA

View Full Version : How do you sign letters off to other Greeks?

MageeKKG
06-20-2005, 08:22 PM

Sister Havana
06-20-2005, 08:44 PM
I usually just sign it Sincerely or something like that.

Jen
06-20-2005, 09:18 PM
I think "Fraternally" would work nicely.

AGDLynn
06-20-2005, 09:58 PM
One of the first emails I got from a GC'er was "In the Bonds". I didn't know if it was her sorority signature.

Jill1228
06-20-2005, 10:12 PM
I got an email from a ZTA that was signed:

LITPB

That was cool with me

PhoenixAzul
06-20-2005, 10:34 PM
I usually use the same one I'd use for sisters....

Tau Delta Love and Mine eternal,
Tracey

Or

To Thine Own Self Be True,
Tracey

DolphinChicaDDD
06-20-2005, 10:53 PM
When I was writing to various orgs to try and organize a Badge Day I signed everything

In Panhellenic Spirit,
<name here>

bluefish81
06-20-2005, 11:20 PM
When I send email reminders and agendas out to the other 60-70 people on the Greek Alumni Alliance I generally put either: Loyally or Sincerely. I don't think most of them would appreciate TLAM(Theta Love and Mine).

JupiterTC
06-20-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by AGDLynn
One of the first emails I got from a GC'er was "In the Bonds". I didn't know if it was her sorority signature.

That's what I do, because all GLOs are bonds in some form or another :-).

honeychile
06-20-2005, 11:45 PM
On a formal letter, I tend to use Panhellenically or Fraternally.

NebraskaDelt
06-21-2005, 01:27 AM
I used to use "Interfraternally"

polarpi
06-21-2005, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by honeychile
On a formal letter, I tend to use Panhellenically or Fraternally.

I normally use these for any correspondence - even for PMs here on GC! :)

I understand the others' use of "loyally", yet I only use it for written communication with my sisters :)

adpiucf
06-21-2005, 10:49 AM
I think "Fraternally" would be appropriate, as would "Best Wishes," "Sincerely," "Respectfully," etc., for formal correspondence related to Greek Life with those outside your GLO.

If you're writing to a fellow Greek and it doesn't have to do with a Greek issue, don't sign "Fraternally." Use an appropriate formal closing, like the others I mentioned above.

Writing an informal note to another Greek, I might sign it "PanLove," "Greek Love" or use "Pi Love," "Pi Love and Mine," etc., depending on who I was talking to!

In ADPi Speak, I would close a formal letter to a sister with "Loyally." If it was to a sister I am close to I would close it "Love & Loyally" or "L&L." A informal letter to an ADPi would be closed with "Pi Love" or "Pi Love & Mine" (aka PLAM).

Good topic! No one seems to write letters anymore and it's good to think about this stuff! Makes me want to write to people! :)

TheEpitome1920
06-21-2005, 10:59 AM
I sign "Sisterly" to NPHC organizations. Everyone else gets a "Sincerely"

MysticCat
06-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by adpiucf
I think "Fraternally" would be appropriate, as would "Best Wishes," "Sincerely," "Respectfully," etc., for formal correspondence related to Greek Life with those outside your GLO. I would suggest avoiding "Fraternally." In some GLOs, that is the appropriate sign-off for brothers/sisters only. For example, although one sees variants of it, the traditional sign-off for correspondence between brothers in my Fraternity is:

Fraternally yours,
In FMA,
MysticCat

For the same reason, I would avoid "In the Bonds." While it is true, as JupiterTC said above, that all Greeks are in bonds of some sort, "In the Bonds" implies that the letter-writer and the receiver of the letter are bound by the same bonds -- the implication is "Yours in the Bonds of ABC." And again, "In the Bonds" in the traditional sign-off for use between members in some GLOs.

I would either go with something generic like "Sincerely" or "Very Truly Yours," or with something that cannot be confused with a GLO specific sign-off, such as "Yours in the Spirit of Interfraternal/Panhellenic Cooperation."

Just mty $0.02.

DeltAlum
06-21-2005, 05:12 PM
See below...

Tom Earp
06-21-2005, 05:19 PM
Go with DeltAlum with one exception depending on who I am sending to.

1. To Fraternitys-Male GLO Members, Interfraternaly Yours.
2. Any others-Respectfully Yours, Kindest Regards.
3. LXA Brothers-IN ZAX.

It never hurts to show signs of Respect.:)

PhiPsiRuss
06-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by NebraskaDelt
I used to use "Interfraternally" That's exactly what I use.

RedRoseSAI
06-21-2005, 05:57 PM
To other Greeks:
Interfraternally,

To other SAIs (formal):
Fraternally,

To other SAIs (informal):
Love in SAI,
or
Love and Roses,

AlphaSigOU
06-21-2005, 10:07 PM
In Alpha Sigma Phi, it's usually 'Fraternally', many brothers use "Yours in Alpha Sigma Phi" or "Yours in Phi" or even more informally "In Phi" or "Phi".

bekibug
06-22-2005, 06:52 PM
To other groups, wouldn't it make more sense to use "Interfraternally"? As in, "respect/etc. between our organizations"?

LightBulb
06-25-2005, 01:04 AM
In Panhellenic Sisterhood,
your name here ;)

slayerzbt
06-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Our formal signature is C., F. & S,. It stands for Cordially, Fraternally and Sincerely. I dont know if anyone else uses it, I think it is a ZBT thing, so dont get any ideas. But that is what we do.

KSUViolet06
06-25-2005, 08:12 PM
I usually just say "Panhellenically".

navane
06-25-2005, 08:21 PM
For Gamma Phi Beta, we sign our letters to each other:

Love in IIKE,

In IIKE,

However, for letters to other Greeks, I write:

Fraternally,

In Panhellenic Spirit,

.....Kelly :)

emperorclb
06-26-2005, 02:10 AM
This is an interesting topic, It also has never crossed my mind to say something specific to other groups. I only put a diffirent closing i guess for bro's, everyone else gets a generic closing or wut ever.