PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Laura Bush in Magazine!

thetalady
04-22-2005, 03:09 PM
I am so excited! I received my Spring 2005 Theta Magazine today. Laura Bush is on the cover with a wonderful interview & article inside!!

ThetaPrincess24
04-23-2005, 09:42 AM
i read that article! I've already read my magazine cover to cover since I got it Thursday.

I also found the letters in the front rather relieving as well, considering I also read the letter in the magazine they are referring to. I agree with everyone who wrote in on that issue. I'm so glad to see that and that they were printed :)

honeychile
04-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Excuse me for crashing, but is the article online? I'd love to read it!

thetalady
04-23-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by honeychile
Excuse me for crashing, but is the article online? I'd love to read it!

I am so sorry, but no. Our magazine is not on-line :(

honeychile
04-23-2005, 12:30 PM
*sigh*

Thank you for replying - I guess it didn't hurt to ask. I'll now rack my brains for local Thetas who would let me see their copy! :)

thetalady
04-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by ThetaPrincess24
i read that article! I've already read my magazine cover to cover since I got it Thursday.

I also found the letters in the front rather relieving as well, considering I also read the letter in the magazine they are referring to. I agree with everyone who wrote in on that issue. I'm so glad to see that and that they were printed :)

I was thrilled to see the responses to that awful, mean spirited letter about Anita in the prior magazine. I was livid when I saw the hateful attitude toward another Theta sister and the telling of her story.

I was not surprised to see all the warm letters of support this time. THAT'S MY THETA! I have adopted one soldier serving in Iraq already. Now I will have two people to send care packages to! I really enjoy doing it, so twice the fun for me :)

ThetaPrincess24
04-23-2005, 07:08 PM
I hope to write a letter to Anita once my nursing finals are over. I'm rather excited about it!

I was emailing a marine for a while, but then his ship got called up for a reconassance (i've probably misspelled this word badly) mission in the Persian Gulf and he wasnt able to write me for a while. When i tried to email him a few weeks later, the address was no longer available :( And this was a year BEFORE the war started. I did feel great about doing it though!

thetalady
04-23-2005, 10:02 PM
If anyone woudl like to email Anita, I got it from the Theta member site. PM me :)

ThetaPrincess24
05-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Speaking of our lovely Laura Bush:

Did any of you by chance get to hear her speech the other night? I found it to be quite funny. I'm so glad she represents Kappa Alpha Theta and our great nation. I also liked how she threw Lynne Cheney,another great Theta, in there too!

I think I especially liked the reference to Chippendales! HAHAH!

thetalady
05-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by ThetaPrincess24
Speaking of our lovely Laura Bush:

Did any of you by chance get to hear her speech the other night? I found it to be quite funny. I'm so glad she represents Kappa Alpha Theta and our great nation. I also liked how she threw Lynne Cheney,another great Theta, in there too!

I think I especially liked the reference to Chippendales! HAHAH!

I was actually watching that clip as I was logging on tonight. OH MY WORD!! She was a scream! I thought her best line was:

"I told George, if you want to overthrow tyranny in the world, you are going to have to stay up later!"

I agree, Mary. I am EXTRA proud every time I see Laura Bush or Lynn Cheney on TV.