PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer Conference

Peaches-n-Cream
11-19-2004, 12:25 PM
So who's going? I want to, but I can't be sure until next week. Maybe we can have a greekchat meeting. :)

bcdphie
11-19-2004, 04:06 PM
I am :). There are 4 of us coming from Vancouver!

Peaches-n-Cream
11-19-2004, 05:23 PM
:) Yeah! Now I really want to go. :)

Peaches-n-Cream
11-21-2004, 10:57 PM
I am going! Actually, three or four of us from MetroDPhiE A.A. are going. It will be fun. I can't wait to meet you in real life.

bcdphie
11-22-2004, 12:09 AM
I am looking forward to meeting you too :). I just found out that 5 of us are flying in from Vancouver. We are planning on arriving thursday night and touring Philadelphia on friday - I am so excited. And I am looking forward to the conference. I went to one in LA 2 years ago.

bcdphie
11-22-2004, 05:34 PM
We are all booked! We leave Vancouver at 11am on Jan 6 and arrive in Philadelphia at 9:30pm. It's a long day of travelling, but it will be fun touring Philly on friday.

winneythepooh7
11-22-2004, 07:14 PM
You beat me to this thread!!!! I am a definate maybe at this point. I am excited to meet everyone and attend my first conference!!!!

Peaches-n-Cream
11-22-2004, 11:14 PM
I don't know when I am leaving. I guess Friday morning. Maybe we can tour Philadelphia together. I am so excited! Yippee! :D

winneythepooh7
11-23-2004, 06:10 AM
What a great reason to take a Friday off from work, especially because I HATE my job right now...........

shadokat
11-23-2004, 10:46 AM
Do I even have a choice?? :) It's 10 minutes from my house!!! I am 95% sure I'll be there :) It'll be so good to meet you all!! Well, I know bcdphie already :)

winneythepooh7
11-23-2004, 11:18 AM
I just re-read the evite. I didn't realize our org was paying for our travel expenses too. That is so nice. So I will probably definately be able to afford to come on Friday. Anyone want to split the hotel room on Friday then since I know we should probably book it now...........

bcdphie
11-23-2004, 12:10 PM
There's 6 of us in one room on thursday night :D :eek:!

Peaches-n-Cream
12-30-2004, 01:42 PM
Countdown to the Conference. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. :)

bcdphie
12-30-2004, 02:45 PM
This time next week I will be enroute to Philly!

PoohsHoneyBee
12-31-2004, 09:43 PM
I hope you all have a great time!!! It sounds like fun. Tell Philly I said hi!

winneythepooh7
01-02-2005, 07:07 PM
I can't believe it's January already and I will get to meet many of you in less than a week!!!

shadokat
01-03-2005, 10:20 AM
It'll be nice to have you all in my backyard :) Can't wait to meet those of you who are coming in, and those who I already know, can't wait to see you!!

winneythepooh7
01-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Me & Peaches will be driving in from NYC on Friday. I am planning to leave around 10 right after rush hour traffic ends here in the city. If any of you want to meet up to sight-see during the day, PM me for my cell phone # so we can touch base with you when we get to the hotel :) I am thinking we should be there by 1 or 2 at the latest given there is no major traffic.

bcdphie
01-05-2005, 01:48 PM
24 hour until we leave Vancouver! Looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday/Saturday!

Peaches-n-Cream
01-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by bcdphie
24 hour until we leave Vancouver! Looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday/Saturday!

Have a safe trip! See you Friday. :)

winneythepooh7
01-05-2005, 04:09 PM
My supervisor keeps reminding me I may need to stay late tommorrow at work since "I am taking off on Friday"..........GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

shadokat
01-06-2005, 09:56 AM
Won't see you all until Saturday, as there was no sense in my attending Friday :) So see you bright and early Saturday AM!

Peaches-n-Cream
01-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by shadokat
Won't see you all until Saturday, as there was no sense in my attending Friday :) So see you bright and early Saturday AM!

What would you recommend to a couple of tourists from New York with an afternoon to kill? How about some fun places for Friday night?

shadokat
01-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Well, if you've never been to Philly before, you should of course see the historical sights (Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the new Constitution Center, etc.). There is also the Philadelphia Museum of Art, which has nice art pieces, if that's your thing. There's also a TON of shopping, not like NYC of course! As for night life, the hotel is nowhere near the downtown area, but you can get a cab. Definitely hit South Street...have a cheesesteak at Pat's or Geno's, enjoy the bars and shops, even get a tattoo if you like :)

If you want to dance, there is a club called Shampoo, which is gay night on Friday, but lots of fun, a place called Posh has disco night, Glam in Old City has house and funk sort of music, and there's pleny of regular bars if you just want to hang and have a drink. I'd recommend Fergie's, Monk's, Fado or 2021.

Email me if you want specific info :)

winneythepooh7
01-07-2005, 07:56 AM
Yawn, just woke up and still have to pack. I am such a procrastinator LOL. My boyfriend is sooooooooooooo confused about what is going on this weekend. He tried to explain it to his mom and dad earlier this week and he was like "I think they are going to some women's lib conference or something where they have all these secret candle light ceremony-thingies". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Guys NEVER get it no matter how old they/we get LOL. Anyways, let me get my butt in gear. I am supposed to pick up Peaches at 11 at the 59th st. bridge!!!! C-ya all soon!!!!

winneythepooh7
01-09-2005, 06:42 PM
I had an AMAZING time this weekend with you all ladies and I am excited I finally got to meet so many of you. You all have inspired me to continue to work even harder to make our organization the very best and this weekend made me realize *again* that I definately made the right decision by going DPhiE! I can't wait to tell everyone in our AA all about this weekend tommorrow night at our monthly dinner. I am hoping that we can get even more volunteers to join over the upcoming months from NYC!!!!!!

shadokat
01-10-2005, 09:54 AM
winn, peaches, bcdphie, so great to see all of you at the conference. Hope you had a great time in Philly :)

bcdphie
01-11-2005, 12:52 PM
I had a great time! The conference was a lot of fun and so was touring Philadelphia. It was great seeing everyone. Cream and winneythepooh7 it was wonderful to finally meet you. And Shadokat is was good to see you again!