PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Sigmas!!

EPTriSigma
11-10-2004, 01:25 AM
Anyone interested in having a "state day" next semester?

ihearttrisigma
11-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by EPTriSigma
Anyone interested in having a "state day" next semester?

I am not from Minnesota (sorry) but I am interested in the idea of "state day." What exactly is that? If it sounds feasible it might be fun to try in PA!

:)

KSUViolet06
11-10-2004, 07:50 PM
State Day is a day when every chapter in your state gets together and there are awards and everyone gets to hear about each others' accomplishments. Several larger national sororities (ZTA, AOII, ADPi) have annual state day celebrations organized through their national HQ. I know that
Tri Sigma has had organized State Days in the past and I'd love to have them again.

ihearttrisigma
11-10-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by JocelynC
State Day is a day when every chapter in your state gets together and there are awards and everyone gets to hear about each others' accomplishments. Several larger national sororities (ZTA, AOII, ADPi) have annual state day celebrations organized through their national HQ. I know that
Tri Sigma has had organized State Days in the past and I'd love to have them again.

Geez, that sounds AMAZING! I never knew Sigma did that in the past! Is it usually hosted at one school? Did HQ put it all together? What kind of events and things went on? Sorry if I'm asking questions that anyone might not know.

For a long time I wanted to do something like that for the Sigma chapters in our region near Philadelphia. I thought it would be cool to get together with the girls from places like Widener, Gettysburg, St Joes...maybe do some HUGE community service thing or just get together! I know for one I'd just love to see every other org faces when 150 + Sigmas roll up at my school and take over! ;)

KSUViolet06
11-10-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by ihearttrisigma
Geez, that sounds AMAZING! I never knew Sigma did that in the past! Is it usually hosted at one school? Did HQ put it all together? What kind of events and things went on? Sorry if I'm asking questions that anyone might not know.

For a long time I wanted to do something like that for the Sigma chapters in our region near Philadelphia. I thought it would be cool to get together with the girls from places like Widener, Gettysburg, St Joes...maybe do some HUGE community service thing or just get together! I know for one I'd just love to see every other org faces when 150 + Sigmas roll up at my school and take over! ;)

It usually rotated every year to a different chapter in the state. HQ organized it. It consisted of awards for grades, quota, and other things. It was also just for different chapters in the state to get acquainted with each other. I defintely think you could pull it off in PA since there are SO many chapters there.

EPTriSigma
11-10-2004, 11:43 PM
I think it would be a fun thing to do since there are three chapters in our state (one being a 15 minute drive down the road). Maybe do it at the Mall of America.... something pretty casual. Possibly get all the midwestern Sigmas in on it.

BlondeGurl
11-11-2004, 12:10 PM
That sounds so cool! I wonder why we stopped doing it? :confused: