PDA

View Full Version : National Treasure Director-related to Dora Bloom????

efcheerBB
10-17-2004, 09:43 PM
Hey sisters,

Okay, I was watching TV and saw a commercial for a new movie with Nicholas Cage. I wasn't really paying much attention until I heard the name of Jon Turteltaub. That perked my interest. I looked his name up on the National Treasure (http://nationaltreasure.movies.go.com/splash.html) website. Then I looked at Imdb (www.imdb.com) to see his bio. It mentions his father, but that's about all. I was just wondering if any of you knew anything about him, or knew where to look up info about him at to see if he is possibly related to one of our founders???

Buttonz
10-18-2004, 08:12 AM
I've wondered that myself...............

Saigoddess
07-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Okay kids, here's your answer-but I just found this site....it may be a couple of years late but the info is accurate-neither Nicholas Cage nor Jon Turteltaub (the director/producer) is any direct relation to Dora Bloom Turteltaub! She was married to John Jacob Turteltaub who predeceased her and that Turteltaub family was probably related to Jon's family (Turteltaub I've always been told is a VERY common name in Vienna-which is where that side of our family is from...).

How do I know all this, I am her granddaughter, and keeper of the family history.

paulam
07-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Okay kids, here's your answer-but I just found this site....it may be a couple of years late but the info is accurate-neither Nicholas Cage nor Jon Turteltaub (the director/producer) is any direct relation to Dora Bloom Turteltaub! She was married to John Jacob Turteltaub who predeceased her and that Turteltaub family was probably related to Jon's family (Turteltaub I've always been told is a VERY common name in Vienna-which is where that side of our family is from...).

How do I know all this, I am her granddaughter, and keeper of the family history.

Thank you for the information. Do you know who Dora's boyfriend was during college? Hint: it was not John Jacob Turtletaub.

Paula M
Sigma Delta Tau
Patraie Multi Spes Una
One Hope of Many People

Buttonz
07-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Thank you for the information. Do you know who Dora's boyfriend was during college? Hint: it was not John Jacob Turtletaub.

Paula M
Sigma Delta Tau
Patraie Multi Spes Una
One Hope of Many People

I do...but I can't think of his name. He's the only man to have ever worn the SDT torch because he wrote something for us. Yikes, it's been WAY to long for me to have forgotten this!

Paula, I'm sorry I've been so MIA. I owe you a long e-mail, like I just told Rob. Hopefully the next few days. I miss you!

paulam
07-30-2009, 11:01 PM
I do...but I can't think of his name. He's the only man to have ever worn the SDT torch because he wrote something for us. Yikes, it's been WAY to long for me to have forgotten this!

Paula, I'm sorry I've been so MIA. I owe you a long e-mail, like I just told Rob. Hopefully the next few days. I miss you!

You got it! Nathan Calrb House who wrote our ritual was Dora's boyfriend.

We'll connect tomorrow.

Paula

Buttonz
07-31-2009, 11:10 AM
You got it! Nathan Calrb House who wrote our ritual was Dora's boyfriend.

We'll connect tomorrow.

Paula

I can't believe I forget his name!