PDA

View Full Version : Nyquil vs. Jägermeister

PhiPsiRuss
10-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Discuss.

AlphaSigOU
10-11-2004, 07:03 PM
They both taste like shit. Though I drank plenty of Jägermeister back when I was in Germany, it's very much an acquired taste.

P.S. Underberg (another German aperitif, less well known than Jäger) tastes just as nasty.

AChiOAlumna
10-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Both make me sick...Nyquil and I don't mix....neither does the Jågermeister for that matter....

Tom Earp
10-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Russ, of Course you are an IJOT, Has to be the Big J!:D

Why kind of question is that for this Wbe Site!

But for the Guys, Women dont do Annise flavored Luqors, must be in their Jeans!;)

Oh for those that dont know, it is also made into candy that come in Black and Red coloring and chewy strips!

Rather drink it than eat it!

We have Called the Big J Hinky Dinks will screw your head up, you want your Brain to fall out!;)

Have a nice Hang over!:eek:

ZTAMich
10-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Hate the Nyquil looooove the Jager.

Dionysus
10-11-2004, 07:16 PM
TOM would know.... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Tom Earp
Russ, of Course you are an IJOT, Has to be the Big J!:D

Why kind of question is that for this Wbe Site!

But for the Guys, Women dont do Annise flavored Luqors, must be in their Jeans!;)

Oh for those that dont know, it is also made into candy that come in Black and Red coloring and chewy strips!

Rather drink it than eat it!

We have Called the Big J Hinky Dinks will screw your head up, you want your Brain to fall out!;)

Have a nice Hang over!:eek:

UKDaisy
10-11-2004, 07:17 PM
What is in a Jager bomb? B/c I'd rather have straight Jose than that.

KillarneyRose
10-11-2004, 07:24 PM
I *hate* the taste of Nyquil, but it'll definitely cure whatever ails ya

Tom Earp
10-11-2004, 07:29 PM
Dionysus,

of course I would know, was in the Booze Business for years!:cool:

Take a Drug prescibed to sleep or git a feeling of Euphoria if you do not go over the Full Feeling! Just be a Mellow Person!:)

They call Me Mellow Yellow!:D

Rudey
10-11-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by UKDaisy

It's a shot of Jager in a pint of Red Bull. I've seen people do it with beer too. I'm not a big fan of bombing unless it's saki and even then...eh.

-Rudey

ZTAMich
10-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Rudey
It's a shot of Jager in a pint of Red Bull. I've seen people do it with beer too. I'm not a big fan of bombing unless it's saki and even then...eh.

-Rudey

Just learned what saki bombing is, I'm intrigued and want to go now. Irish carbombs this weekend at Homecoming!!

If I don't start taking care of myself better I'll be taking shots of Nyquil and not anything else. UGH.

cutiepatootie
10-11-2004, 08:43 PM
NYQUIL for sure!

AlphaSigOU
10-11-2004, 08:57 PM
What the f*ck happened to the good old boilermaker? (For those not yet skilled in the fine art of a good bender, it's beer with a whiskey or bourbon chaser. If ya drop it in the beer, it's a depth charge.

Optimist Prime
10-11-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by UKDaisy

Jager shot dropped in red bull.

Optimist Prime
10-11-2004, 09:25 PM
why not take nyquill tabs with Jager. That will be a nice little nap.

Betarulz!
10-11-2004, 10:31 PM
hmmm....

I must be the only one who likes both.

My freshman year, it's kind of hard to explain, but we went through a lot of nyquil in our pledge class. It was all legit purposes, but we still went through a lot. Basically any time you weren't getting enough sleep you'd take that, and wake up feeling a lot better. Plus it was great for those nights when the pledge wing was loud and you had to get to sleep.

As for the Jeg...gotta love the jaeg. Gotta a bottle in the freezer right now. It's taken me a little longer than I expected to get through, mainly b/c we haven't been getting any red bull lately. Still, it's a pretty easy shot, and we'll just do them straight to get the night started.

TigerLilly
10-11-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by ZTAMich
(snip) Irish carbombs this weekend at Homecoming!!

What's that?

abaici
10-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Jägermeister was my drink of choice in college. Man, that was a quick buzz.

Betarulz!
10-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by TigerLilly
What's that?

A shot that's half Jameson Irish Whiskey and half Bailey's Irish Creme. Drop the shot in a glass of Guiness and chug before the Guiness foams over...you'd never think you'd be able to chug guiness, but it's surprisingly possible.

TigerLilly
10-12-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Betarulz!
A shot that's half Jameson Irish Whiskey and half Bailey's Irish Creme. Drop the shot in a glass of Guiness and chug before the Guiness foams over...you'd never think you'd be able to chug guiness, but it's surprisingly possible.

Mmmm, that sounds yummy. I'm going to have to try that.

FAB*SpiceySpice
10-12-2004, 12:57 AM
I HATE JAGER WITH A BURNING FIERY PASSION!!!

Seriously that crap always makes me throw up.

When I was in Memphis with the boy for his fraternities formal he gave me a Jager shot after I had been drinking for about 10 hours STRAIGHT. I didn't realize what it was before I drank it so I took it and then promptly threw it up...in the middle of the bar. AWESOME.

I would rather drink Nyquil by the gallon than ever take another Jager shot EVER again. :o

KSig RC
10-12-2004, 10:47 AM
(giant f-ing Q?)

Jager probably smells worse than anything else on the planet, but it shoots ok, and it's perfectly fine in Red Bull (and in the morning you feel like you have Parkinsons, so really everyone wins).

APhi Sailorgirl
10-12-2004, 12:22 PM
OMG, I cannot believe no one has said this yet, but

Jager and Root Beer is the BEST DRINK!!

You don't even taste the jager.

Personally Nyquil is great when i need to get to sleep, some people say it gives them weird dreams, but not me.

breathesgelatin
10-12-2004, 06:33 PM
This is a great thread.

Some of my ex-boyfriend's fraternity brothers used to sit around and chug Nyquil. That was some messed up stuff. They seriously acted like they were on K or something. I'll take Nyquil if I'm sick, but I'm no fan of its taste.

I rather like Jagerbombs. I've never had a shot of straight Jager (that I can remember...) :confused: Maybe on my 21st?

One of my finest moments was this summer when this guy at the bar decided we all needed to drink Jagerbombs. We had like 3 in a row or something. I think I had to end up finishing his for him.... Everyone was like "Whoooaaaa there." BWA HAHA.

Sadly, now I am poor and in class and have neither time or money to go to the bar.

erniegurl00
10-12-2004, 11:28 PM
Well I love both. They both taste the same, both give you a buzz (well, more so the Jagermeister than the Nyquil...), and both are great for colds.

What else ya need to know? :p

33girl
10-13-2004, 12:35 AM
Jager is gross. NyQuil is less gross. And much cheaper. And do you really want to disagree with this man?

http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/roast/images/bios/leary_a3.jpg

"NyQuil, NyQuil, we love you, you giant f%#king Q!!!"

PhiPsiRuss
10-13-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by APhi Sailorgirl
...Nyquil is great when i need to get to sleep, some people say it gives them weird dreams, but not me. Nyquil makes me dream of Jägermeister.

DGqueen17
10-13-2004, 10:19 PM
I gross everyone out cuz I just take swigs of Nyquil during the winter. I kill a bottle of that a week. Of course in past years I lived next to frat houses so it was Nyquil or Tylenol PM to sleep everynight.

Jager....I absolutely can not drink it. Theres not a whole lot I can drink here lately.

mmcat
10-14-2004, 09:07 AM
nyquil cures lots of ills...
i haven't had jagermeister in years.