PDA

View Full Version : Soror Elected Bishop

Gina_lynn
07-12-2000, 10:45 PM
I just wanted everyone to be able to share in the good news, Soror Vashti McKenzie was elected the first female Bishop in the AME church earlier this week. This has been a long time in comming. Yet another soror to be proud of!!! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
If you can't raise conciousness, at least raise hell!--Rita Mae Brown

NubianEssence
07-12-2000, 10:52 PM
I am a member of the African Methodist Episcopal Church and I must say yesterday history was made, by the first elected female bishop in my great church. I'm not a member of your proud and illustrious organization but I've noticed that Deltas make massive impacts and improvements in the world. I commend you all and the new bishop. Blessings to all!

bklyndelta
07-13-2000, 03:53 PM
I recently returned from North Carolina, and was elated to hear the news about Soror Vashti Turley McKenzie. Yet again another phenomenonal Delta is doing her thing!! But that should not come as a surprise.

We HAVE and ALWAYS will be THE ULTIMATE TRAILBLAZERS!!!!!!

"THEE BKLYNDELTA"
1913% LEGIT

DirectorDST99
07-14-2000, 05:40 PM
Sorors, Isn't that the sweetest name.....Vashti??? It gives me chills!!

------------------
Director #2
LMAC
Spr 99

[This message has been edited by DirectorDST99 (edited July 14, 2000).]

carebear
07-17-2000, 07:36 PM
I'm so proud of Rev. Dr. Vashti McKenzie being elected Bishop of the AME Church...not just because she is female or that she black or the fact that she is a member of this illustrious organization; however I'm excited at the face when the Southern Baptist Church ruled that women can't preach in the pulpit, GOD saw fit to place a WOMAN in such a high authoritive position! This was truly HIS doing and has blessed her beyond measure. She is truly a woman that I respect and admire. I've heard her only once at a program at my school (VUU) w/ a collegue of hers (Ann-Lightner Fuller) and her message still rings in my heart to this day.

[This message has been edited by carebear (edited July 17, 2000).]

4EVER YOUNG
07-20-2000, 02:54 PM
I am so proud of Soror McKenzie being named a Bishop. I am a member of the African Methodist Episcopal and a member of Delta Sigma Theta, which made this history making event even sweeter. I pray God's blessings on our new Bishop.

DirectorDST99
07-28-2000, 02:27 AM
Although personally I am not one for women in the pulpit, Soror Vashti Murphy McKenzie was AWESOME at the service on Sunday in Chicago. The woman is BADD! I must give her her props without hesitation.

------------------
Director #2
LMAC
Spr 99

[This message has been edited by DirectorDST99 (edited July 28, 2000).]