PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Philanthropy

GammaGirl1219
08-25-2004, 03:39 PM
Hey Girls! I was looking at a thread in Chapter Operations about events the different greek organizations hold and i was wondering what you girls did anything know has your specific philantrophy (Kinda like how DG does anchor splash). We dont do anything in particular but we have been thinking of starting something so any ideas would be greatly appricated. Thanks Guys!

Kate

nyrdrms
08-25-2004, 07:10 PM
Our biggest one seems to be the Greek God pageant. We invite all the fraternities on campus to have two brothers participate in a male beauty pageant of sorts with the categories of letters, talent, toga, and formal Q & A. The judges for the competition consist of two faculty members, two university staff members, and two non-GLO affiliated students (usually from SGA). And we charge admission at the door/sell tickets in advance. It's always fun to watch the guys get up on stage and strut their stuff and show off their "talents" (we had a guy last year I think it was who dressed in grass skirt and coconut bra and did a hula dance). This year wil be the fourth year we've done it.