PDA

View Full Version : Pref Nite:no more candles

gphiPSU
08-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Since IH passed the rule about not using candles during Pref nite, our MVP has been having trouble coming up with an idea to replace it. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do instead? Besides the electric candles? We're not sure if we'd have enough electric candles for our chapter plus the PNMs.

Any ideas would be helpful! Thanks!!

OleMissGlitter
08-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Flowers? Like the Gamma Phi Beta flower or a flower that is local to your part of the country?

aggiegphi
08-09-2004, 02:49 PM
I know you might not want to spend money on them, but we found some of those electric candles at the Dollar Store, in case you're interested, otherwise finding a Flower Shop as already suggested would be a cute touch.

LoveMyKeyKKG
08-16-2004, 05:33 PM
What about using glow sticks? Not the crazy flourescent ones, but I'm sure they have white or clear ones.

NiffyBiffy
08-19-2004, 11:03 AM
I remember one pref we did that did not use candles. Each of our family trees had picked a specific flower (Not the pink carnation) and the girl we were pref-ing was given the flower of the family tree of the sister she was talking to. Each family tree made it's way to a large vase, and everyone added their family tree flowers, creating a large and beautiful bouquet. Then the president added one single pink carnation to signify the flower that brings us all together. After Pref night was over, we bundled the flowers up and brought them to a nursing home nearby. It's a lovely and fragrant idea that is unique and benefits ohters as well.