PDA

View Full Version : Convention

ASTLuv21
06-20-2004, 11:05 PM
Just wanted to say that I hope all the sisters who are lucky to go to convention have a wonderful time and a safe trip! :D

P.S.
I will wanna hear convention story's when you get back! ;)

EagleChick19
06-23-2004, 03:53 PM
Good Luck to all those attending! :)

ASTLuv21
06-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Hey, I was talking with a sister of mine who went to convention and I was wondering if any of those who went can tell me what the 2nd vendor was...they have a web page and I want to go look at it. Not the foundation but campus something. If someone could please post a link, that be great! :)

PsychTau
06-27-2004, 10:54 PM
The vendor was Campus Corner in Indiana, PA. Their website is www.campuscorner.net (http://www.campuscorner.net).

I will post more about convention in a few days....I'm SLEEPY and I need to go to bed (staying up til 2:30 am then listening to the hotel fire alarm go off TWICE before 5:30am, then catching a shuttle to the airport at 7am will do that to you!!!)

Going to bed now....
PsychTau

ASTLuv21
06-27-2004, 11:39 PM
Thanks so much for posting the link :)

Can't wait to hear the stories from convention. :)

I heard where our next convention is...and well I am so there for sure! :D

astbunny
06-29-2004, 09:43 PM
Where is the next convention at???

PsychTau
06-30-2004, 12:53 PM
[PsychTau singing]

"It's a world of laughter, a world of tears
It's a world of hope and a world of fears
But the sisters all know, there's just one place to go
It's a Tau world after all!!!!

It's a Tau world after all, It's a Tau world after all!!
It's a Tau world after all,
Alpha Sigma Tau!"

That's your first hint. (I'll do the second verse when I get home because I can't remember all the words!!!)

Any Guesses?????? (If you were at Convention, DON'T CHEAT!!! Let's see if we can guess......)

PsychTau

ASTDD2002
06-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Since that is to the tune of "It's a Small World," the super annoying ride across from "Peter Pan's Flight," I'm going to guess Disney World?

PsychTau
06-30-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by ASTDD2002
I'm going to guess Disney World?

DING DING DING!!!! We have a WINNER!!!!

Yep ladies....we're going to Disney World in 2006. I think they said that the hotel would be inside Disney, but since I know nothing about Disney, I don't know if I heard that right.

They did say that they've locked in the room rates at $139 for 4 people. So if you start saving $2 a day now, you'll have enough to pay for registration, airfare, and hotel (based on estimates of registration and airfare of $350 each). $2 a day isn't so bad is it????

PsychTau

ASTLuv21
06-30-2004, 07:48 PM
Thanks for getting "It's a small world" stuck in my head, LOL :rolleyes:

$2 a day doesn't sound all that bad...but first I need to save money up for dues blah! lol

PsychTau
06-30-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by ASTLuv21
Thanks for getting "It's a small world" stuck in my head, LOL :rolleyes:

You're welcome!!!! Since it's been stuck in my head because I roomed with the Music Chair, I thought I would pass the blessing on to my sisters!!! :D

PsychTau

EagleChick19
07-01-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by PsychTau
You're welcome!!!! Since it's been stuck in my head because I roomed with the Music Chair, I thought I would pass the blessing on to my sisters!!! :D

PsychTau

You roomed with Heather? Heather's a sister from my chapter (Zeta)! :)

PsychTau
07-01-2004, 05:49 PM
Yes....Heather and I have been roomies since 1999 I believe. Well, it's been 3 conventions that we've roomed together, and one RLW.

Our other roommate was Vanessa F. (Philanthropy Chair), also from Zeta Chapter. Let me tell you, wild and crazy doesn't even begin to describe it......They tell me that I've become an honorary Zeta for putting up with them (and Amy Brooks, Tracy Bond, and several others) for so long!!

PsychTau

Little E
07-19-2004, 02:44 PM
Ok so did nat'l announce our new philanthropy at convention??? I'm totall curious?
Thanks!
Lil E

ladyj39
07-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by PsychTau
Yep ladies....we're going to Disney World in 2006. I think they said that the hotel would be inside Disney, but since I know nothing about Disney, I don't know if I heard that right.

Sorry to crash, but we learned this year that our 2006 Convention will be at Disney World as well! maybe we'll see you guys there! :)

PsychTau
07-21-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by ladyj39
Sorry to crash, but we learned this year that our 2006 Convention will be at Disney World as well! maybe we'll see you guys there! :)

NO WAY!!!!! When is your convention???

Lord, can you imagine all of us taking over Disney World??? I think they should shut down the park for a day so we can play.

PsychTau

bruinaphi
07-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Our Convention will be June 28-July 2 at the JW Marriott in Orlando. We are not actually inside Disney World, but it should still be a blast.

ETA: What hotel are you at? How many people do you usually have at convention?

philanthropyAST
02-10-2005, 08:25 PM
I just discovered this forum so sorry about the delay in reply.

As for those crazy roommates of Teena's - hmmmm - you better watch what you write :eek: You never know when one will be lurking.

:p So, Teena, when will we ever get our pair of AST earrings - LOL!

EagleChick19
02-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by philanthropyAST
I just discovered this forum so sorry about the delay in reply.

As for those crazy roommates of Teena's - hmmmm - you better watch what you write :eek: You never know when one will be lurking.

:p So, Teena, when will we ever get our pair of AST earrings - LOL!

Hi Vanessa! This is Kate from the Zeta Chapter.

Little E
02-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by bruinaphi
Our Convention will be June 28-July 2 at the JW Marriott in Orlando. We are not actually inside Disney World, but it should still be a blast.

ETA: What hotel are you at? How many people do you usually have at convention?

We are all going to be there at the exact same time! We'll be staying at the Hilton in WDW and expect probably to have 500+ for 2006

PsychTau2
02-11-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by EagleChick19
Hi Vanessa! This is Kate from the Zeta Chapter.

HAHAHAHA!! You can't hide either!!! (she unveiled you quick!):D

I think we'll have to knock off our other roommate in order to get our earrings!!!

We should have a little "hotel room reunion"...complete with stained whites, a boot, and 100 random folders....

Wouldn't that be fun?????

PsychTau

EagleChick19
02-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by PsychTau2
HAHAHAHA!! You can't hide either!!! (she unveiled you quick!):D
PsychTau

Sorry about that. :(

RUASTgrrl
02-11-2005, 12:36 PM
So our convention is in Orlando the same time as APhis? Yay! Sorority girls take over the world!!!

PsychTau2
02-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by EagleChick19
Sorry about that. :(

Noooooo....don't be sorry!!! I didn't mean it like that!!

I was making a joke off of her telling me "you never know who's watching" from a few posts above.

(Besides....she is a little crazy!!!!;) :p )

PsychTau

Jill1228
02-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Sorry to crash but...

NPC Part-ay over here! Hmmm time for a quick GC meet up?

Originally posted by RUASTgrrl
So our convention is in Orlando the same time as APhis? Yay! Sorority girls take over the world!!!

philanthropyAST
02-12-2005, 10:52 PM
You guys crack me up! Please don't give me "the boot", Psycho-Tau. :)

I'm pretty much all done planning Convention Philanthropy stuff! Yippee!! My parents are frequent visitor of Mickey - I'm going to have her check out the hotel.

Got to go!

Little E
02-15-2005, 09:28 AM
The hotel is under some remodeling so don't panic!! They say it will all be beautiful again by the time we invade :)

PsychTau2
02-15-2005, 09:32 AM
Remodeling just for us? How sweet of them!!! :p

"Psycho-Tau"? Listen chick...you rank right up there with me, OK? I'm sure Frank would agree.....:D

PsychTau