PDA

View Full Version : Sheesh...

AngelPhiSig
06-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Well everyone... Its been a while since I have posted on GC at all, let alone here. I finally graduated from college...

On a sad note, I dont think Nu Eta is ever going to function again. We lost too many members, and everyone lost interest and/or became too busy for Beta Sigma Phi.

BUT I was going through my stuff at my house and came across my Beta Sigma Phi stuff, see most of the chapter stuff stayed with me, dont ask why, but it did.

I miss it.

I want to be in a wonderfully functioning chapter, a real chapter that will thrive! I dont think Clarion was ready for a BSP chapter.

How would I do this?

I didnt pay dues this year, but I will if I can become involved again.

Does anyone know if I should try to FV again (technically I never had my RoJ ritual, but I did pledge for 6 months), or attempt to find a younger chapter in my area? How should I go about doing this? Is my situation unique?

I think I would love to FV in the Pittsburgh area, I remember a few people on the board being interested...

Help! :(

erica812
06-08-2004, 09:57 AM
Welcome back!

There is a reenstatement (sp??) fee that any member can pay if she stopped paying dues at some point. This fee will put you back in good standing with International, and you can have your name put on the prospective member list. That way a Pittsburgh chapter can invite you to an event.

I just recently moved back to Western PA, and I know of at least one other person in the Pittsburgh area who is interested in a chapter.

I got your PM, Alison, and I am going to try to resend my original e-mail. Keep an eye out for it!

Erica

erica812
06-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Oh! One more thing...you might want to consider joining an online chapter. You do need to be in good standing with International though.

I hope you stick around, and I was able to re-send my e-mail message to you. :)

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR GRADUATION!!!!!!

Erica

BSP_Nicole
06-09-2004, 11:49 PM
Definately send your dues into national, just become a member at large while you find another chapter (that's what I did when I moved from MD to VA, and I was still a pledge). Congrats with graduation, and good luck!

Nicole

Edited to add: Woo hoo! I'm FINALLY a senior member (102 posts)!!! :D

AngelPhiSig
06-10-2004, 03:23 PM
I emailed international about my options...

now I just wait.

I really miss BSP.

AngelPhiSig
06-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Well they're contacting the Pittsburgh City Counsol (I cant spell) for me... Im HOPING there is a chapter in my age range, but then again, Im kinda not hoping for it. I want to FV with some women who I think would benefit from BSP, and would love it. With help from the CC and other chapters I think that a FV would thrive here instead of flop like Clarion.

erica812
06-13-2004, 10:14 PM
Whatever you decide to do...I'm so glad that you're back! It's good to see those letters in your sig.:D

Erica

AngelPhiSig
06-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Ack. No one has gotten back to me yet. I emailed International about not being contacted... I really want to get back into BSP. I know chapters arent really active now, but I would really love to start a FV here.

Grr.

I need projects!

AngelPhiSig
06-23-2004, 04:01 PM
I wrote a letter to the contact person for the Pittsburgh CC, I hope I get a response soon!!!

erica812
06-24-2004, 06:29 PM
I know what you mean about projects!! I have to have things to occupy. My sister makes fun of me 'cause when I have too much time on my hands I either start a new hobby or start an organization!

Definitely let us know how things go with the City Council.

Erica