PDA

View Full Version : *smiles*

Measi
06-02-2004, 12:50 PM
I heard from a chapter!

It's in New Hampshire-- which is a bit tricky for the weekly meetings, but still in an area that I can get to with some planning. They're a business chapter, so the last meeting for this year is this Thursday (which she has invited me to)... I need to clear it with my manager to arrange my schedule at work a bit to get up there with the traffic between myself and them, but I'm very excited to have a contact-- who is my age! :)

Regardless of whether I can make this week's meeting or not, I'm glad to have heard from someone-- and will definitely be chatting with her over the next couple months.

~ Mel.

erica812
06-02-2004, 01:43 PM
That's fantastic!! I'm so happy for you. How far of a drive will you have?

Erica

Measi
06-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by erica812
That's fantastic!! I'm so happy for you. How far of a drive will you have?

Erica

NH Seacoast from me is about 75 miles-- the fastest way for me is to literally drive through Boston and head north.

But if that's what I gotta do, that's what I gotta do. :)

amgn253
06-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Have a great time!! Let us know how it goes!! :D

Krista#78
06-05-2004, 01:09 AM
That's awesome!!! Definitely keep us updated, best of luck to you in being able to get you work schedule arranged to make it. But even if not, I'm still very excited for you!!

Measi
06-09-2004, 10:10 AM
In the last couple days, I've heard from a couple other chapters-- I think a posting in the Beta Journal guestbook a couple weeks ago helped things get moving, actually... :) It's sounding like International really hadn't passed potential member info around (probably an end of year thing).

None are in my immediate area, but I'm thrilled to have the chance to meet them once their chapters start gathering again actively in the fall. In the meantime, I have a few more-local contacts to chat with... and of course all of you guys, too!

I'm thinking this actually might happen in the fall. *crosses fingers*

~ Mel.