PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Chapter

Bama_Alumna
04-14-2004, 09:21 AM
Hi. I'm not a Sigma Delta Tau, but I wanted to post here and let you know that I heard your chapter at the University of Alabama may be closing. Do you know if this is true? If it is, I am very sorry. :( I just wanted to know if this was an unsubstantiated rumor.

Buttonz
04-15-2004, 02:08 PM
I spoke to one of the sisters,they are remaining active, just moving out of the house. They can't afford the bills for the house with so few girls.
:(

Bama_Alumna
04-23-2004, 10:31 AM
I'm sorry to hear that they will be leaving their house. :( But I am glad that the chapter will not be closing entirely. The women I have known from their chapter have all been outstanding. Will they still be participating in recruitment? With so many PNMs this year, that might give them a chance to get their numbers up. Or they could just do informal... either way, I wish them the best of luck!

Buttonz
04-23-2004, 11:59 PM
I haven't heard that they aren't doing formal rush. Hopefully for them , the greek system down there, and SDt as a whole, there numbers will pull back up soon.

AlphaSigOU
07-29-2004, 05:15 PM
Interesting bit of trivia... the late Miriam Rosenbloom Grant, alumna of SDT's Alabama chapter and past national president was the journalism/yearbook teacher while I was in high school (North Miami Senior High School, North Miami, Florida).