Clarissa Explains it All
The Secret World of Alex Mack
Roundhouse
Wild and Crazy Kids
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
All That (old cast)
My Brother and Me
Hey Dude

Man I wish I can go on. Those are the best Nick shows. My favorites are LOTHT, GUTS, Double Dare, and Clarissa Explains it All It's just a shame that these shows don't come on Nick. I don't get Nick Games and Sports Network or Nicktoons. It sucks that I can't relieve my childhood. Nickelodeon sucks right now. The shows are utter crap. Hey, I would rather watch the Disney Channel rather that Nick. Of all the channel within the past 5 years, Nick is the one that have hit the lowest point (In other words, the lowest of the low). (Second is MTV) The only good show that is on now is SpongeBob Squarepants.

However, I understand that the reason why Nick got rid of the Old School shows is because they want to cater to the younger viewer.

OLD SCHOOL NICKELODEON RULES!

hottytoddy
04-09-2004, 12:23 AM
Remember Old school Nick Jr? Did anyone watch those cartoons?? I remember when I would stay home from school if I was sick when I was little I'd watch:

David The Knome
The Little Koala
Today's Special

Remember those...what were some others?? I never really watched Eureka's Castle..it got on my nerves.

cutiepatootie
04-09-2004, 12:29 AM
Hello my name is Laura and i am addicted to rugrats and All grown up! Thanks to my son! its his fault!:D

chideltjen
04-09-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by hottytoddy
Remember Old school Nick Jr? Did anyone watch those cartoons?? I remember when I would stay home from school if I was sick when I was little I'd watch:

David The Knome
The Little Koala
Today's Special

Remember those...what were some others?? I never really watched Eureka's Castle..it got on my nerves.

Mya the Bee!!! :D And I watched Eureka's Castle all the time as a kid. That and Today's Special.

As far as shows go: Rollergirl... I completely forgot about Hidden Temple. LOVED that show. I think I wanted to be on it once. Double Dare was a fav and I also wanted to be a castmember on Roundhouse. It reminded me of a under 13 SNL or other sketch comedy series.

Rollergirl2001
04-09-2004, 01:03 AM
I loved Maya the Bee and that Koala show (I forgot the name.). Don't forget Pinwheel and Sharon, Lois and Bram.

Skinna Rinky Rinky Doo
Skinna Rinky Rinky Doo
I Love You

Anyway, I used to have a huge crush on Kirk Fogg from Legends of the Hidden Temple. I think that he was sooo fine. Also, I was a huge Moira Quirk fan. I really didn't like the short hair, but I'm used to it now. The long hair looks pretty on her.

Taualumna
04-09-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by chideltjen
Mya the Bee!!! :D And I watched Eureka's Castle all the time as a kid. That and Today's Special.

As far as shows go: Rollergirl... I completely forgot about Hidden Temple. LOVED that show. I think I wanted to be on it once. Double Dare was a fav and I also wanted to be a castmember on Roundhouse. It reminded me of a under 13 SNL or other sketch comedy series.

Today's Special? Is that the same one as the Canadian show, with the guy mannaquin that comes to life at night? I used to LOOOOVEEEE it! It used to come on Tuesdays and Thursdays (I'm almost positive) on TV Ontario, right after Polka Dot Door. :p

hottytoddy
04-09-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Taualumna
Today's Special? Is that the same one as the Canadian show, with the guy mannaquin that comes to life at night? I used to LOOOOVEEEE it! It used to come on Tuesdays and Thursdays (I'm almost positive) on TV Ontario, right after Polka Dot Door. :p

That's the one...remember the computer that glowed when it talked?

WCUgirl
04-09-2004, 01:27 AM
Man, I loved Today's Special! I was a little too old for Eureka's Castle. I also loved Clarissa Explains it All, Salute Your Shorts and Hey Dude! I wouldn't admit it to anyone, but I did watch Pete & Pete. My FAVORITE was Are You Afraid of the Dark. I had forgotten about the Hidden Temple one...I did watch that!

As for Double Dare - I had the game!!!

GeoffZ
04-09-2004, 01:28 AM
I'd forgotten about Maya the Bee. That was a good one. I also liked Today's Special, Fifteen, Roundhouse, and Double Dare. Oh and You Can't Do That on Television was my favorite. I bet kids today don't know that the whole green slime thing started with that show.

Taualumna
04-09-2004, 01:35 AM
That's the one...remember the computer that glowed when it talked?

Yeah! And the Mime Lady!!!!!

CatStarESP4
04-09-2004, 01:39 AM
I remember these Old School Nickelodeon shows (from the early '80s):
Kid's Writes
Pinwheel
You Can't Do That On Television
Tomorrow People
Black Beauty

WCUgirl
04-09-2004, 01:40 AM
Do you remember Picture Pages with Bill Cosby? And the pen that would make noises? That was awesome!

ETA: Who could forget Bananaman?

smiley21
04-09-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by AXiD670
Do you remember Picture Pages with Bill Cosby? And the pen that would make noises? That was awesome!

that pin's name was mortimer:)

remember mr.wizard?

ZTAngel
04-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Wow...I had forgotten about a lot of those shows. Reading the titles brought me back down memory lane. :)
I use to always watch Clarissa Explains It All, Hey Dude, The Adventures of Pete and Pete, Roundhouse, Welcome Freshman, etc.
They need to create a cable station for these old classics!

xo_kathy
04-09-2004, 10:27 AM
Pinwheel, Pinwheel
Spinning around
Look at my pinwheel
And see what I've found

Pinwheel, Pinwheel
Where have you been?
Hello! How are you?
And May I come in?

tinydancer
04-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Yea for Mr. Wizard!! I remember him from the oooolllldddd days way back when there were only about 3 tv channels here.

(tinydancer shuffles off on her Gamma Phi walker....)

GPhiLlama
04-09-2004, 11:09 AM
Hidden Temple! I loved that show! I was addicted to Clarissa, SYS, and Hey Dude. My mom and I always watched old school Are You Afraid of the Dark? together. Even she liked it.

They should have a channel just for the -old and good- Nickelodeon.

ThetaGrrl
04-09-2004, 04:46 PM
I don't think it was a Nickelodeon show, but did anyone watch the science show called "3-2-1 Contact?" It was my fav. Really, I think I just liked the theme song!

abaici
04-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Rollergirl2001
I am a huge, huge fan of Old Scchool Nickelodeon (1979-99). I remember:
You Can't Do That on Television
Double Dare
Fifteen
Clarissa Explains it All

When we first got cable I watched Nick ALL DAY LONG!!! Especially, YCDTOT

norcalchick
04-09-2004, 07:29 PM
i LOVE all those old school Nick shows. a couple of years ago there was a special cable channel that had those shows. I think it's called "GAS" but i'm not exactly sure. i would stay up with my friend and watch those shows all the time !!!:D

Sister Havana
04-09-2004, 09:07 PM
GAS (stands for Games And Sports) still exists...we have it on digital cable. It shows all the game shows like Double Dare but not some of the others.

I liked Pinwheel although it was way too long. My favorite was You Can't Do That On Television. I had a huge crush on Alistair. :)

And Picture Pages ruled. I had my very own Mortimer J. Marker but never the official book. And here's something to get stuck in your head:

"Picture Pages, Picture Pages,
Time to get your Picture Pages,
Time to get your crayons and your pencils...

Open up your Picture Pages,
Time to watch Bill Cosby do another Picture Page with you!"

I found those lyrics on The Classic Nick Homepage (http://www.johnsrealmonline.com/classicnick/index.html). The wonders of Google.

:D

TriDeltaGal
04-09-2004, 09:17 PM

ETA: Who could forget Bananaman?

I was reading through the posts and was wondering if I was the only one who remembered Bananaman! AXID670, you rock!!

What about Danger Mouse... I totally remember how he lived in the red British mailbox!

AGDee
04-10-2004, 11:19 AM
The cable channel Noggin shows some of the old time Nick shows as well as old time PBS shows. Great channel! My kids loved it, especially GhostWriter.

Dee

AXJules
04-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Sister Havana
GAS (stands for Games And Sports) still exists...we have it on digital cable. It shows all the game shows like Double Dare but not some of the others.

I liked Pinwheel although it was way too long. My favorite was You Can't Do That On Television. I had a huge crush on Alistair. :)

And Picture Pages ruled. I had my very own Mortimer J. Marker but never the official book. And here's something to get stuck in your head:

Time to get your Picture Pages,
Time to get your crayons and your pencils...

Open up your Picture Pages,
Time to watch Bill Cosby do another Picture Page with you!"

I found those lyrics on The Classic Nick Homepage (http://www.johnsrealmonline.com/classicnick/index.html). The wonders of Google.

OMG You just made my day!!! I've been wondering the name of that show for years!
My mom bought a picture page pen and it never came, although they charged 34.95 to her credit card :(

XOMichelle
04-10-2004, 01:54 PM
I love You Can't do That on Television. My sister and I still quote the locker scenes. Besides, that's where the slime came from!!!

My other favorites are:
Clarissa Explains it All
Hey Dude
The Adventures of Pete and Pete

opaldragon
04-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Lil Bits... I think that was one of the shows that was on during the same time as Maya the Bee, David the Gnome, and the Koala show (which I don't recall the name). There was also this little fairy tale show, not sure what that was called either.
*sigh* I'm starting to feel old y'all...

AXJules
04-10-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by opaldragon
There was also this little fairy tale show, not sure what that was called either.

EUREKA'S CASTLE????

opaldragon
04-10-2004, 05:45 PM
Nope, not Eureka's castle. That was puppets. The show I'm talking about was animated.

AlphaSigOU
04-10-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by tinydancer
Yea for Mr. Wizard!! I remember him from the oooolllldddd days way back when there were only about 3 tv channels here.

(tinydancer shuffles off on her Gamma Phi walker....)

And ya know that the Ooooooold TV was the BEST TV - TV shows today don't have much of an enduring quality these days!

Who can forget...

Captain Kangaroo
Sesame Street (in its early days)
The Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour (with its old politically incorrect - and unedited - cartoons)
Jonny Quest
Wacky Races (and its spinoff, Dick Dastardly's Flying Circus)
The Flintstones (though its intended audience was primarily adults)

Someone pass me the Geritol! :) (Do they even make it anymore?)

TigerLilly
04-11-2004, 06:20 AM
Man...Nickelodeon...good stuff. First off, David the Gnome, really loved that. My mom used to make fun of me, because I used to watch it when I was definitely too old for it. It was too cute, with the little rubbing-nose kisses and stuff!
I used to looooove The Mysterious Cities of Gold, too -- did anyone watch that? This is back before I can really remember, but my parents say I used to pitch a fit if I ever had to miss it, and also that I used to be able to sing the entire theme song from memory. But I just listened to it on that Classic Nick website (thanks for the link, Sister Havana!), and I don't even remember the tune.
I do still remember the Elephant Show song, though...I can sing the whole thing with the hand motions too! :D (I'm a dork!)

I just listened to the David the Gnome theme song...and I remember all the words. Haha I used to love that show so much!

Do they still do Nick at Nite, with all those old, old shows? They should ditch those old shows and show classic Nick instead!

TigerLilly
04-11-2004, 06:22 AM
There was also this little fairy tale show, not sure what that was called either.

Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics, maybe?

opaldragon
04-11-2004, 03:35 PM
Yes! That's it. :) Yay, now I know what I was watching all that time. Thanks Tigerlilly. You'd think I would make the connection between 'little fairy tale show' and 'Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics' huh? Oh well. Thanks again.

dzsaigirl
04-11-2004, 09:35 PM
Hey do you remember "Pinwheel, pinwheel, spinning around. Look at my pinwheel and see what I've found. Pinwheel, pinwheel breezy and bright. Spin me good morning and spin me goodnight....PINWHEEL!" :)

I totally remember that show and its song.

I also remember Today's Special. They had an episode about "X marks the spot" (X marks the spot, the spot that means alot....you really know when you're getting hot because the X...da-da da-da....marks the spot!)

juniorgrrl
04-13-2004, 01:21 AM
I would watch Pinwheel every day when I was little. From the time it started, to when it went off. My mom would try to get me to take a nap after that, but then it was time for Today's Special!

I went to a taping of Legends of the Hidden Temple once. It's much more lame in person. Ever wonder how the kids would get all wet and be dry in the next scene? Nick taped 3 shows at once. With 3 sets of audiences. They'd do the first set of stunts for 3 different shows with one audience, and then switch out the audience for the next stunts, etc.

I was a huge CEIA fan, and Roundhouse and Ren and Stimpy. I have about 10 6 hour tapes full of old-school SNICK, minus AYAOTD, because I thought it was kinda lame. I looooooved Roundhouse, and probably could still sing most of the songs from that show!

Rollergirl2001
04-13-2004, 02:54 AM
On Global GUTS, when Moira Quirk explains the rules, sometimes, they use the same shot of Mo. Nickelodeon is real cheap. And in the first epidsode, the scoreboard in the third event reads Bem, Chirstopher, and Michal. The contestants in the first epidsode were Marco, Jenifer and Lorriane.

TigerLilly
04-13-2004, 06:53 AM
Yes! That's it. :) Yay, now I know what I was watching all that time. Thanks Tigerlilly. You'd think I would make the connection between 'little fairy tale show' and 'Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics' huh? Oh well. Thanks again.

Haha, I didn't even know the name. I just saw it on that webpage with the songs and thought that that could be it.

AlphaGamDiva
04-13-2004, 02:28 PM
OMG!!!! i loved ALL these shows you guys mentioned. i was a HUGE pinwheel fan (the green guy....scrooge??...was hard core) as well as today's special. big fan!

as far as the koala show....that, i believe, was called "the noozles" :) (unless you're talking about something else) loved that show, too....and what was that show that had the lil penguin and the other lil animals in it??? anyone know what i am talking about? prob not with such a lil description, but that show was fantastic.

anyone watch weenerville? that's not that old school, but i did watch it every morning when i was in the 8th grade b/4 i went to school.......he showed the old school alvin and the chipmunks and mr magoo cartoons.....

no hatin on any old "snick" shows....are you afraid of the dark was my stuff! never liked ren and stimpy, though. roundhouse was great! the girl with the orange hair and the big nose was my favorite!!! lol

<sniff> this makes me feel so sad/old!!!!

ETA: anyone mention/remember "don't just sit there"......and i answered my own questions about the whole koala thing by going to the nick page....so nevermind. ;) :D

juniorgrrl
04-13-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by AlphaGamDiva

as far as the koala show....that, i believe, was called "the noozles" :) (unless you're talking about something else) loved that show, too....and what was that show that had the lil penguin and the other lil animals in it??? anyone know what i am talking about? prob not with such a lil description, but that show was fantastic.

There were 2 "koala" shows. There was the "Noozles" where the bears would come alive or something if you rubbed them on their nose. Then there was the Adventures of the Little Koala. I loved me some Little Koala, the summer of 1987. It came on M-TH and then that lame-ass Mapletown came on Fridays. Used to tick me off because I couldn't get 5 days of Little Koala.

norcalchick
04-13-2004, 04:51 PM
i think we should start lobbying nickelodeon to start a old school nick channel. don't they have like nick at night and stuff like that?

AXJules
04-13-2004, 05:24 PM
So today ,I'm sitting in class and all of a sudden in my head I'm singing
"Whenever my life gets me so down
I know I can go down
To where the music and the fun never ends
As long as the music keeps playing
You know what I'm saying
I know where I can find a frieeeeeeeeeeeeend....
ITS AT THE ROUNDHOUSE!!!"

Wow I didn't even know I knew the words to that. OY.

hottytoddy
04-14-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by juniorgrrl
There were 2 "koala" shows. There was the "Noozles" where the bears would come alive or something if you rubbed them on their nose. Then there was the Adventures of the Little Koala. I loved me some Little Koala, the summer of 1987. It came on M-TH and then that lame-ass Mapletown came on Fridays. Used to tick me off because I couldn't get 5 days of Little Koala.

OK yeah I knew there were 2. I just couldn't remember the name of the other one!! Is the Noozles there ones who has like magical powers and they like went to another land? Know what I'm talking about? It was like a lnad that only they could go to?

juniorgrrl
04-14-2004, 01:00 AM
Yeah, that was the Noozles.

My fiance and I are such dorks; we still know the theme to the Little Koala...I have it saved on my computer somewhere, I think.

TigerLilly
04-14-2004, 11:04 AM
OK yeah I knew there were 2. I just couldn't remember the name of the other one!! Is the Noozles there ones who has like magical powers and they like went to another land? Know what I'm talking about? It was like a lnad that only they could go to?

Is that the one where there was one koala who was gray, and I think a boy, and then he had a little sister who was pink? And they hung out with this little girl and took her into that other land sometime?

If so...what on earth was the little koala show then? I listened to the theme song and remembered it, so I know I watched that show, too, I just can't remember what it was about.

AlethiaSi
04-14-2004, 11:11 AM
bwahahahaha i love this thread! when we were in rome- my friends and i were totally reminiscing the entire time about all these shows- and then i come back to this- its great! :)

i LOVED sharon, louis and bram, legends of the hidden temple- you cant do that on television.... and everything you guys named

but i have to say i am quite partial to the fairly oddparents- that show rocks

but we should definately lobby to have nick start an old school channel- it would be great fun watching drunk lol

Neosoulchild
04-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Man, I loved Today's Special! I was a little too old for Eureka's Castle. I also loved Clarissa Explains it All, Salute Your Shorts and Hey Dude!

Oh my gosh!!! Me and my friend were talking about this show last week, but we could not think of the name of that show for anything. I remember the theme song, "kukamunga oh yeah oh yeah" but we couldn't think of the name of the show. Thanks !!! :D :D :D

MrsMcCartney
04-14-2004, 11:28 AM
How can you hate today's Nick? If you don't get enough of Britney for your daily fix you can just watch her on ALL THAT. I swear, if anyone has doubts that cloning of humans is doable and done, just take a look at Jamie Spears!!!!!!:rolleyes:

norcalchick
04-14-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by MrsMcCartney
How can you hate today's Nick? If you don't get enough of Britney for your daily fix you can just watch her on ALL THAT. I swear, if anyone has doubts that cloning of humans is doable and done, just take a look at Jamie Spears!!!!!!:rolleyes:

i know, it kinda freaks me out that they look identical.

smiley21
06-04-2004, 05:04 PM
i had to bump this thread to say that an episode of 'hey dude' is coming on nick today at 5:30 p.m. eastern time. wahoo!!!

swissmiss04
06-04-2004, 05:10 PM
I miss the old Nick shows.
David the Gnome
Salute Your Shorts
Pinwheel
Today's Special
Hey Dude
You Can't Do That On Television
Double Dare (interesting sidenote: the host of that show, Mark Summers, was actually OCD/germophobic. That must have been a hellish job for him!)
Ren and Stimpy. I used to love the Log commercials, especially the one for "International Log"

smiley21
06-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by swissmiss04
I miss the old Nick shows.

Double Dare (interesting sidenote: the host of that show, Mark Summers, was actually OCD/germophobic. That must have been a hellish job for him!)

i remember when he was on oprah talking about living with OCD. he did say it was a struggle being the host of 'double dare'. i am not quite sure why he didnt leave.

AUDeltaGam
06-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by smiley21
i had to bump this thread to say that an episode of 'hey dude' is coming on nick today at 5:30 p.m. eastern time. wahoo!!!

I just finished watching it! Wow, I remembered more of it than I think I'd like to admit ;)

smiley21
06-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by AUDeltaGam
I just finished watching it! Wow, I remembered more of it than I think I'd like to admit ;)

i know!! i was remembering lines and scenes before it happened!!

ms_gwyn
06-04-2004, 10:34 PM
Can I say that I was DIE HARD in love with Alistair from You Can't Do That On Television?

From that show I learned how to pronounce the Canadian "O".

I still do it to this day, I think is just so cool

Unregistered-
06-05-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by AXJules
So today ,I'm sitting in class and all of a sudden in my head I'm singing
"Whenever my life gets me so down
I know I can go down
To where the music and the fun never ends
As long as the music keeps playing
You know what I'm saying
I know where I can find a frieeeeeeeeeeeeend....
ITS AT THE ROUNDHOUSE!!!"

Wow I didn't even know I knew the words to that. OY.

I faithfully watched that show too. To me, it was a hipper, funkier version of MMC.

I was a big Crystal Lewis fan even after she left the show to pursue her Christian music career. Ivan Dudynsky (the tall skinny blond dude) ended up choreographing for the Mickey Mouse Club and NSYNC.

Sad about Dominic Lucero (kinda short Hispanic guy) though. He passed away a few years ago. Cancer, I think.

smiley21
06-05-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine

I was a big Crystal Lewis fan even after she left the show to pursue her Christian music career.

i was just about to say something about Crystal Lewis. I was a big fan of her before Roundhouse. I still have some of her albums. She was the only reason why I wanted to watch the show. It was really hard for her at the time because she doing the show and was recording one of her albums in spanish.

swissmiss04
06-05-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by ms_gwyn
Can I say that I was DIE HARD in love with Alistair from You Can't Do That On Television?

Alistair is MINE! ;) I always thought he was a cutie.

KellyB369
06-05-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Rollergirl2001
I am a huge, huge fan of Old Scchool Nickelodeon (1979-99). I remember:
You Can't Do That on Television
Double Dare
Think Fast
Get the Picture
Welcome Freshmen
Fifteen
The Adventures of Pete and Pete
Make the Grade
What Would You Do?
Rugrats
Doug
Ren and Stimpy
Weinerville
GUTS
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Figure it Out
Nick Arcade
Salute Your Shorts
Clarissa Explains it All
The Secret World of Alex Mack
Roundhouse
Wild and Crazy Kids
All That (old cast)
My Brother and Me
Hey Dude

Ok, which was the one with Joey from Full House and that girl who had the super annoying scream? The title of the show was spelled out with all kinds of pens and pencils and stuff. It may be listed above but I can't remember.

smiley21
06-05-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by KellyB369
Ok, which was the one with Joey from Full House and that girl who had the super annoying scream? The title of the show was spelled out with all kinds of pens and pencils and stuff. It may be listed above but I can't remember.

it was 'out of control'

Sister Havana
06-05-2004, 12:34 PM
Alistair is MINE! ;) I always thought he was a cutie.

I'll fight you all for him. :D

hannahgirl
06-05-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by AGDee
The cable channel Noggin shows some of the old time Nick shows as well as old time PBS shows. Great channel! My kids loved it, especially GhostWriter.

Dee

I loved Ghostwriter!!!!

Xylochick216
06-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Did anyone else see that Nick had an episode of You Can't do that on Television on the other day? I miss it...

goldendelta
06-05-2004, 07:48 PM
I can't believe that Wild and Crazy Kids wasn't mentioned. I wanted to be on that show so bad.

Unregistered-
06-05-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by goldendelta
I can't believe that Wild and Crazy Kids wasn't mentioned. I wanted to be on that show so bad.

Donnie Jeffcoat was sooooo DREAMY.

ms_gwyn
06-05-2004, 10:01 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alistair is MINE! I always thought he was a cutie.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Sister Havana
I'll fight you all for him. :D

Three-Way cat fight....

ladies shall we commence with pulling hair?

thermobryan
06-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Salute your shorts and Hey Dude! Those shows ROCKED!!!
the guy that was "donkey lips" was working at a comic book store right after that movie ended, now hes getting back into films...
LOVE those shows!!

KellyB369
06-05-2004, 10:57 PM
it was 'out of control'

ADPiAkron
06-05-2004, 11:33 PM

Today's Special

Jeff was the name of the mannaquin I believe....and remember how Sam the security guard would always eat sardine sandwiches!! hahaha

ADPiAkron
06-05-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by XOMichelle
I love You Can't do That on Television. My sister and I still quote the locker scenes. Besides, that's where the slime came from!!!

Hey Allister, Yes Moose!!!!!!!!

Unregistered-
06-05-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by thermobryan
Salute your shorts and Hey Dude! Those shows ROCKED!!!
the guy that was "donkey lips" was working at a comic book store right after that movie ended, now hes getting back into films...
LOVE those shows!!

I remember "Donkey Lips" played Monica's HS prom date on one of those "Fat Monica" episodes. It's the one where Phoebe called Ross Rachel's lobster.

ZTAMich
06-06-2004, 12:08 AM
We didn't have cable when I was growing up. Can we say deprived? My first time having Nick was in college! My parents have cable now and I think my little sisters are pretty lucky!!! I don't have cable here in NYC either.

AngelicWings21
06-06-2004, 12:43 AM
I LOVED old skool NICK..me and my sister
would watch if for HOURS!!!
These are all the shows I remeber...

you can't do that on television
curious george
david the gnome
dennis the menace
elephant show
eureeka's castle
healthcliff
finders keepers
my brother and me
hey dude
inspector gadget
little bits
make the grade
maya the bee
adventures of tin tin
gumby
salute you shorts
the mystery files of shelbywoo
muppet Babies
allegra's Window
welcome freshman
wild n crazy kids
nick arcade
out of control
doug
ren & stimpy
weinerville
grimm's fairy tale classic
clarrissa explains it all
bannaman
the noozles
are you afraid of the dark
danger mouse
count duckula
today's special
picture page
legends of the hidden temple
mister wizard world
aaahhh real monsters
rockos modern life
mapletown
elephant show

RBL
06-06-2004, 09:14 AM
You Can't do that on Televion and DANGERMOUSE were my life.....I also use to want EVERY TOY they advertised:D :D

smiley21
06-07-2004, 05:24 PM
'salute your shorts' is about to come on nick!!!:D

DolphinChicaDDD
06-07-2004, 08:24 PM
'salute your shorts' is about to come on nick!!!:D

SHUT UP!!!
I'm going to have to start looking at my listing. One of my sisters said she was going to be a conselour at a sleep away camp, and the first thing I did was start singing that theme song. Sad that I remember it all...

We run we jump we swim and play
we row and go on trips
but the thing that lasts for ever are our dear friendships...

swissmiss04
06-07-2004, 08:34 PM
"Camp Onawanna, we hold you in our hearts
And when we think about you...
It makes me wanna fart!"

"Ok, now, get it right or pay the price!"

I need to go be a productive adult now.

smiley21
06-08-2004, 08:00 AM
this month, nick is celebrating its birthday, but showing old school stuff. it airs at 5:30 pm eastern time.

they give you three different choices on nick.com to pick from:

today's choices:

1) clarissa explains it all
2) you can't do that on television
3) the mystery files of shelby woo (i cant believe that i forgot about this show. i used to love watching it. i cant believe that we havent mentioned it!!) I MISS OLD SCHOOL NICK!!!!:(

when i watched 'salute your shorts' yesterday, i almost cried. it was too memorable!!!!

krazy
06-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by ADPiAkron
Jeff was the name of the mannaquin I believe....and remember how Sam the security guard would always eat sardine sandwiches!! hahaha

And muffy the mouse... I loved this show.

Rollergirl2001
09-24-2005, 12:13 AM
bump

Have anyone got the Clarissa Explains it All or Pete and Pete DVDs yet? I hope that old school Nick fans would buy them so more can get released. I hope that Alex Mack gets on DVD.

so damn cool
09-24-2005, 01:35 AM
didnt goosebumps used to come on nick?

that was a pretty scary show back in the day.