PDA

View Full Version : New Fundraising Ideas

nijiedfirewood
04-05-2004, 03:01 PM
Guys, I'm looking for an out of the box idea to raise a lot of money very quickly. If anyone knows of grants, etc that i can look for, let me know.

Phi Gam man
04-17-2004, 02:18 PM
It would help if you could divulge the purpose for the money - there are some sources that you may be able to tap taht are reason specific.

Good Luck!

Bill

Pergé!

nijiedfirewood
04-18-2004, 04:39 PM
We are needing to buy some property directly begind our house to build on. We now own a total of two lots, and we want to make it four, which will be half a block. Let me know if you have any ideas.

mcellpe
04-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Have you involved your House Corp? You may be able to use them to help assemble some graduate support. I am not sure how much money you are talking about...

nijiedfirewood
04-19-2004, 04:38 PM
House corp is spread pretty thin. We will have our house paid off by next April, but we need to get this property as soon as possible. We have thought about selling bricks, if anyone has done this, let me know how it worked out.

mcellpe
04-20-2004, 08:41 AM
My chapter sold bricks to the graduate brothers a few years back, to help fund some extras for their new chapter house. For a $100+ donation, a brick would be engraved with the donor's name and class year, and the bricks were installed as pavers on the front porch of the house. I do not recall how much money we raised, but I am sure the program was very successful.

Good Luck!

- Paul

P!

Phi Gam man
04-20-2004, 10:09 PM
If your house will be paid off, what is it worth? There may be a good chance you can get financing using the existing property's equity to get a loan to buy the land. For example, if the current property is worth $150K, I don't think you would have any problem using that equity to borrow say $50-60K or more... Is there a graduate with banking or real estate experience? A local grad?

You might also check with HQ, I am sure they would have some ideas from chapters with similar problems...

Another question though... if you don't have the cash to buy the property, how will you afford to build on it?

Bill
(Beta Pi '87)

Phi Gam man
05-16-2004, 03:12 PM
So, did you get the property??? Let us know. Best of Luck...

B