PDA

View Full Version : No NYC Chapter????

Buttonz
03-06-2004, 03:27 AM
How is it that there are no chapters in New York City? Not even one? :(

erica812
03-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Buttonz...
I'm so sorry that your search is at a stand still. After seeing this post, I looked through the Torch for NYC, and there is one chapter listed...Beta Master. The "Master" indicates that the chapter has a majority of long-time members. Master chapters are sometimes reluctant to take on new pledges. Sad but true:(

Erica

bsp-mich24
03-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Buttonz

Ditto what Erica said, but you may want to see if they would be willing to sponsor Ritual of Jewels chapter.

If you would like me to pm the towns that have Beta chapters let me know.

Often members arrange to pick up members who are not able to drive nor have transportation. There is a member in my chapter who is diabetic and cannot see well at night so she always gets rides to the meetings/events...Just food for thought. :)

erica812
03-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Great point, Michelle!

New York Beta Master NYC might love to see a new Ritual of Jewels chapter growing in the Big Apple! They might really appreciate having new sisters nearby.

Erica

Buttonz
03-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Amyone know anyone in that chapter?

KnowledgeSeeker
04-01-2004, 04:26 AM
Oh wow!!!

I just saw this and almost past out. There is no NYC chapter? What is needed to be done to start one? Is it possible for a non member to start one? I'm sad now! I just posted how I would be happily waiting to get some info for a chapter... and now I find out that one doesn't exist. What are the chances of the Master chapter in NYC to want to help out in a starting a Ritual of Jewels chapter? I hope I didn't sound too ignorant in my post... please excuse me and correct me if I do.

erica812
04-01-2004, 02:40 PM
A non-member can start a chapter. I did! But having another chapter sponsor you is probably the best way to have a complete Beta Sigma Phi experience. It is a challenge to learn everything there is to know about Beta Sigma Phi, recruit members, and run things all at once. It's hard, but very rewarding!

You don't sound ignorant!! You sound curious and enthusiastic. I'm so glad you found your way to our board. Please stick around!

Erica:)

KnowledgeSeeker
04-01-2004, 06:27 PM
Thanks ladies for your welcome, and words of encouragement. I am looking into my options because BSP is defintley WORTH working hard for.:D

I thought you could only join an online chapter if you were initiated into a land chapter, and not vice versa.I'm :confused:

erica812
04-02-2004, 10:11 AM
Technically, a new member must join a land chapter before joining an online chapter. But mshoole is right, there are exceptions. Online Kappa has a member from England who hopes to Friendly Venture some day, but OLK was a good way for her to learn the traditions and operations of Beta Sigma Phi.

International and the online chapters probably have certain guidelines for making these excepts.

Erica