PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite commercial, past and present?

Ideal08
03-19-2001, 11:28 AM
I thought that this would be a good topic. I love commercials, they are my absolute favorite part of TV!!!!

My favorite commercial growing up was the Coca-Cola "I'd like to teach the world to sing...." I still look forward to that every Christmas.

I also like the Fig Newton commercial (no one remembers this) with the chimps: "I'm sorry we have no bananas, we have no bananas today..."

Presently, I am loving the beer commercials. Budweiser and MGD commercials are so funny to me. What are yoooouuuu doing? That mess is hilarious!!! The black dudes at the end make the commercial.

I also like the Michael Jordan commercials. Those are cool.

Ok, one more. I don't know what the commercial is for, maybe Nike? But they have all these players dribbling the ball to different beats. That commercial is tight!

Ok, one more, for real, just one more. http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif The PowerAde commercials are good. The one with The Cage, that was hard. And the one where they are on the school bus, and the players are getting hype for the game, pounding on the seats. That one is tight too.

See, I told y'all. I'm done now! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif

Diamon
03-19-2001, 02:34 PM
Yes, Ideal08.....I LOVE the Nike commercial with the basketball players. I get this big smile on my face everytime I see it. Some of the beats are done by the cast of STOMP, the people who make music with ANYTHING!

My favorite commercial growing up had to be a tie between the Coca-Cola " I'd like to teach the world" and no doubt, the McDonald's commercial where the girls were double dutching singing " Big Mac, Filet-O-Fish, Quarter Pounder......"

I also like the beer commercial where the heavyset man, with the sagging pants did the twist with the refrigerator door open to open the beer. Too funny.

I am sure I could think of more...

Classy_Diva5
03-19-2001, 02:45 PM
I like the ol' school Kool-Aid commercial-the song went something like this:
"I make Kool-Aid for my family...I make pitcher after pitcher..." ROTF because I don't remember the rest :d

The Nike commercial with the cute http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/eek.gif guys dribbling the basketballs is also a favorite of mine.

The one about the guy climbing the hill and he has to compose himself before biting into the abc brand nutrition bar is hilarious! I think that is either for Gatorade of Powerade.

The commercial that I HATE is the Shake and Bake one-the little girl with the missing teeth in the front of her mouth says "It's Shake and Bake and I helped"...I can't stand that one.

[This message has been edited by Classy_Diva5 (edited March 19, 2001).]

Convinced
03-19-2001, 03:29 PM
My all time favorite is the Colgate commercial when the preschool teacher is going over colors with her kids. Expecting the answer white, she asks the kids what color are her teeth. They reply:
"Beige"
"Off white"
"Mother of Pearl"

I love that!

exquizit
03-19-2001, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Convinced:
My all time favorite is the Colgate commercial when the preschool teacher is going over colors with her kids. Expecting the answer white, she asks the kids what color are her teeth. They reply:
"Beige"
"Off white"
"Mother of Pearl"

I love that!

ROFLMAO@ this one! I loved that commercial! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif

buterscotch1
03-19-2001, 05:10 PM
I just LOVE the ones with the basketball players lookin' too FINE!!!!, the BUD commercials and my new favorite is by Coca-Cola. It's night-time and everyone's in the woods partying, then the fat guy is dancing, to the music with his pants sagging then runs off into the night. My all time favorive from the past is WHERE'S THE BEEF!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by buterscotch1 (edited March 19, 2001).]

silver
03-19-2001, 05:10 PM
The Coke commercial with the little boy and Mean Joe Green will always be my favorite.

The commercials that I cannot tolerate are the ones for Progresso soup that imply that just because you still eat Campbells soup,you aren't an adult.How patronizing can you be.I will never buy a can of Progresso soup EVER!

Poplife
03-19-2001, 05:26 PM
"Beige"
"Off white"
"Mother of Pearl"

I love that!

Oh Lord. I forgot about that one! *lol*

I like the recent Sprite adds where they have regular kids dropping their lyrics for the camera.

I also liked all the Bud Ice penguin stints. You know, the one that was always singing "doo bee doo bee do"! I like the one where are the natives of this island are chanting "doo bee doo bee do, doo bee doo bee do!" over and over while the bird is chillin on the throne drinking. The one where the penguin is calling a family from their own house and singing into the phone is funny too. It cracks me up when the police call back and say "The calls are coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE! GET OUT! GET OUT NOW!"

AKA2D '91
03-19-2001, 05:31 PM
ALL OF THE Pace PICANTE COMMERCIALS HAVE ME ROLLING!

NEW YORK CITY?

"Get the rope" http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by AKA2D '91 (edited March 19, 2001).]

The Original Ape
03-19-2001, 05:36 PM
This is a good one! I'm o have to think on that one!

kiml122
03-19-2001, 06:15 PM
"Beige"
"Off white"
"Mother of Pearl"

I love that!

That commercial cracks me up too. I also like the commercial with the guy who bought a Jetta. He's at the supermarket and a shopping cart is coming towards the car. He rushes and runs and pushes the cart away like he is some linebacker on a football team. After all this you hear this weak voice saying, "I'm all right". Because of course the cart took him out.

------------------
Peace
KL

CocoaCaramel
03-19-2001, 06:24 PM
I love the basketball commercial too!!!!
I like those Body & Soul commercials that advertise those CDs (I know every word)

Serenity
03-19-2001, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by kiml122:
That commercial cracks me up too. I also like the commercial with the guy who bought a Jetta. He's at the supermarket and a shopping cart is coming towards the car. He rushes and runs and pushes the cart away like he is some linebacker on a football team. After all this you hear this weak voice saying, "I'm all right". Because of course the cart took him out.

I like that commercial too.

I also like the car commercial with the husband who asks his wife who's car that is in the driveway and she says it's his car. Then he says, "it is, isn't it?" There's another one with him at a wedding and he says, "there's a silver (car name) with its lights on. It looks new." So everyone rushes outside and then one guy says, "Isn't this your car?" And of cousre the reply is, "It is, isn't it?"

I also like the Hallmark commercial with the husband and wife. They are sitting accross from eachother at a table and she gives him a romantic Hallmark card. After he reads it, they give eachother that "look" while playing footsie and staring intently at eachother as "Just the Two of Us" is playing in the background. All of a sudden, peas are thrown in the man's face. When the camera pulls back, the couple is at the dinner table with their restless, crying, whiney kids. It is too funny! "Romance: 99 cents at Hallmark." Boy, can I relate! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Sigma Lambda Upsilon: Sincerity, Loyalty, Unity http://www.sigmalambdaupsilon.org

[This message has been edited by Serenity (edited March 19, 2001).]

jazbri
03-20-2001, 12:12 AM
I'm a go way back...

"Ancient chinese secret huh?" I forget what brand it was for-someone enlighten me. I had to be about 4 or 5.

and the ultimate...

"Are you gonna try it. Nah, I'm not gonna try it... He's not gonna eat. Uh-huh, he eats everything... He likes it, he likes it, hey Mikey!"

I'd stop in the middle of playing with anything and run to the tv!

and for those who lived in Georgia and North Carolina...

"Vern, saaaayyyys selllllll it!" HATED THAT COMMERCIAL!

[This message has been edited by jazbri (edited March 19, 2001).]

lilmama_26
03-20-2001, 01:00 AM
Can I just vent to someone how much I hate ALL of the Mentos commercials? They are too stupid.

I LOVE that Nike commercial also (the cuties that got game).

"Where's the Beef" Wendy's comm. will always be a favorite.

I'll have to think of more...

KoolAid
03-20-2001, 01:21 AM
"Beige"
"Off white"
"Mother of Pearl"

I love that!

That one is one of my favorite commercials. I also like the McDonald's commercial that has the song "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun."

Conskeeted19
03-20-2001, 02:33 AM
When I was a little girl, I just loved the commercial where this lady is singing...
I can bring home the bacon
Fry it up in a pan
And never never let you forget you're a man
Cause I'm a woman

I also love the commercial that comes on around Christmas time. The lady that played Aunt Ester on the Sanford and Son show would say "911 911 Santa is in my kitchen stealing my Churches chicken."

exquizit
03-20-2001, 08:52 AM
My mother can't get enough of that stupid Nissan commercial...."Zoom, Zoom"

buterscotch1
03-20-2001, 09:19 AM
Hey jazbri, the product was Calgon water softener. This had me up all night!!!! Originally posted by jazbri:
I'm a go way back...

"Ancient chinese secret huh?" I forget what brand it was for-someone enlighten me. I had to be about 4 or 5.

and the ultimate...

"Are you gonna try it. Nah, I'm not gonna try it... He's not gonna eat. Uh-huh, he eats everything... He likes it, he likes it, hey Mikey!"

I'd stop in the middle of playing with anything and run to the tv!

and for those who lived in Georgia and North Carolina...

"Vern, saaaayyyys selllllll it!" HATED THAT COMMERCIAL!

[This message has been edited by jazbri (edited March 19, 2001).]

Ideal08
03-20-2001, 09:37 AM
I just thought of some more! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

Ok, the car commercial where they have people telling secrets. I love the one with the father talking about how his son drops something (food) on the floor and he has to throw it away but he's really thinking of the 5 second rule. I like that one!

Also, the one where the company is trying to figure out ways to sell more cars (I think) and they think of aroma therapy. Then they show the people in the car, and everyone is asleep and the car just goes across the freeway. comedy.....

Ok, I'm LMAO at these posts!!! I am loving this thread! I had forgotten so many of these commercials, especially the Ancient Chinese Secret!! How could I forget that?!
But my favorite so far is silver's comment about Progresso Soup. That cracked me up!!! I just never thought of it like that!! Comedy... http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif

Sexy Mocha
03-20-2001, 11:28 AM
A recent commercial I'm really feeling is the cheese commercial where the little girl goes up to her father and tells him that her invisible friend "Mr. Giggles" wants some cheese. The father says (in his most smart alleck tone of voice) "Well pumpkin, if Mr Giggles wants some cheese then maybe Mr. Giggles should go out and get a job." At which point the invisible Mr. Giggles snatches dad from his chair and tosses him out the door into the yard....the mother, who is just returning from shopping sees her husband lying in the daughter's pool and says "I see you've met Mr. Giggles".

nikki25
03-20-2001, 02:26 PM
"Beige"
"Off white"
"Mother of Pearl"

I love that!

That's one of mine as well.

Here are others:

1) Wendy's "Where's the beef" with the old lady pondering that question-circa 1980s.
2) Nissan's "Zoom Zoom" (I just like the beat) circa 2000-2001
3)Marion Jones' Mrs. Jones commercials for Nike
4) The Cedric the Entertainer commercial where he shakes the beer in the kitchen and spurts on his date.
5) the UNCF commercial with the Grandma who marvels at her grandson's "hat" after he comments on hers...it's just touching.
6) The California Raisins commercials-circa 1980s with Gladys Knight and the Pips singing "Heard it from the Grapevine"
7) The AFLAC commercials where the duck tells everyone "AFLAC"

Synamynn
03-20-2001, 02:32 PM
Some of my favorite comercials include:

The Blockbuster commercial where the couple returns a "homeade movie" instead of the rental.

The McDonalds commercial where the two black kids are about to eat the french fries and the little girl counts out the fries. She was soooo wrong for that!!

There's another commercial where a lady is at work and she is trying to smoke without anyone finding out. She pulls out her handheld fan and throws the ashes in her plant. Just when she thought she got away with it, her co-worker walks by and lets out a long loud cough!!

Classy_Diva5
03-20-2001, 03:01 PM
Another commercial

The SNICKERS one where the man is supposed to be painting CHIEFS on the field, but he ends up painting the CHEFS-LMAO :d
I think that is the one where he says "GREAT GOOGLY-MOOGLY"

------------------
"Mind ya own, stay true to ya own, be ya own."
Peace and God Bless
Classy_Diva5

searching
03-20-2001, 03:19 PM
I love the commercial with the 37 year old sponge is trying to smooch off of his parents, every time he asks for something they say..

"You want a data port (Or what ever he may ask for)... what do you think this is a Holiday Inn?!! and they all start laughing!!! that cracks me up!

The beer commercial with Cedric the Entertainer is hillarious!

I also live the Nike commercials with the montages with Jordan, Ray Allen, Derek Jeter, with that SO COOL music. What is that song's name and who sings it? I absolutely love it.

The Chevy comercials "Like a Rock" (Just love the music)

Do you remember the Gap commercial with the Bill Withers sonf "Lovely Day" I just love that one.

I forget the Cruise line it was for but it was 2 women in the middle of a wedding and their talking about the bride and groom. All of a sudden it got quiet as she was saying "This marriage will never last" and the whole church heard it!!! then the narractor says: "Wanna get away?"

jazbri
03-20-2001, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by buterscotch1:
Hey jazbri, the product was Calgon water softener. This had me up all night!!!!

Thank you, sorry to cause a brain freeze! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif

onesavvydiva
03-20-2001, 04:51 PM
I have several...

1) The McDonalds commercial when the baby is in the swing in front of the window, and he smiles when he swings up and frowns when he swings down and then the camera goes out the window and you realize that the baby is smiling because he sees the McDonald's arches.

2) The Sprite commercial about the cell phones when the guy is yelling across the street and he's like "hey rhonda (?), it's me anthony...wanna get together later, the doctor says it's not contagious" Ya'll, I laugh SOO hard everytime that commercial comes on.

i know there are more, I'll post later.

jazbri
03-20-2001, 05:34 PM
I just remembered two more...

1) The baby that's dancing (again I forget the product)kind of computerized. He was sooo cute!

2) The insurance commercial where the dog is truly ROTFL his dog a$$ off because dude paid too much for his insurance. LUV that one!

PrettyPetite
03-21-2001, 01:40 AM
My current favorite commercial is the one where the two guys are throwing sticks up in the tree, trying to get something to fall down, and then a VW falls out of the tree...when I first saw that, I died laughing!

I loved that "mother of pearl" commercial! (The one about the teeth!)

My favorite commercials of all time are the hallmark ones...remember the one that the little boy gave to his big brother, and then told him to act surprised later? (I think the brother was going off to college)...that got me misty eyed.

One last one...as a little kid, I used to like those Cheer commercials...the one where the guy would be quiet and put different stains on the clothes and then wash it out in a clear bowl filled with some water and Cheer??? I used to try to do the same...till my mother or my grandmother found out! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif (Can you say, SWITCH?!)

Ideal08
03-21-2001, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by searching:
I also live the Nike commercials with the montages with Jordan, Ray Allen, Derek Jeter, with that SO COOL music. What is that song's name and who sings it? I absolutely love it.

The song is by Mos Def. I forget the name of it. Let me ponder some more, I'll be back. But it is on his CD.

[This message has been edited by Ideal08 (edited March 21, 2001).]

Ideal08
03-21-2001, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by onesavvydiva:
The Sprite commercial about the cell phones when the guy is yelling across the street and he's like "hey rhonda (?), it's me anthony...wanna get together later, the doctor says it's not contagious" Ya'll, I laugh SOO hard everytime that commercial comes on.

LMAO! The best part is after he says it, the girl on the phone is like, "Ooh, girl!" LOL! Yeah, that commercial is funny!

buterscotch1
03-21-2001, 10:24 AM
I LOVE that one too. I forgot about it. Too funny! Originally posted by Ideal08:
LMAO! The best part is after he says it, the girl on the phone is like, "Ooh, girl!" LOL! Yeah, that commercial is funny!

Poplife
03-21-2001, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Ideal08:

LOL. Yeah that one is gonna be a CLASSIC!

WenD08
03-21-2001, 03:57 PM
this is such a cool thread. Convinced, AKA2D '91, Silver, we are on the same wavelength. especially the Progresso commercial, they will not get my money. i love commercials w/kids like the one where the kids say things like, "my sister's a floozy, my dad's an alcoholic". or the Nike ads where they were in a barber shop and George "The Iceman" Gervin was cuttin' hair and tellin' stories. i loved those ads. right now, i about cry everytime i see the Phillip Morris ad where the man brings the meal to the elderly woman and sings to her. that is soo sad. what's even worse, i hate it that a cigarette co. is making me cry!

KoolAid
03-21-2001, 04:04 PM
Since I'm a young gyal and a kid at heart, I can never get enough of "I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid, there are a million toys at Toys R Us that I can play with, from bikes to games to video games, it's the biggest toy store there is, gee wiz, I don't wanna grow up cause maybe if I did, I wouldn't be a Toys R Us kid."

I also like the pork n bean commercial?? where the dog talks and says "Roolll that beautiful bean footage." That is too hilarious too me.

[This message has been edited by KoolAid (edited March 21, 2001).]

AKAtude
03-21-2001, 04:42 PM
The McDonalds commercial where the two black kids are about to eat the french fries and the little girl counts out the fries.

I love that commercial, too! "One for you, and one for me..."!

I also like commercials for:

M&M's candy
The Gap Christmas commercials
Budweiser Beer (those darn frogs and lizards)
Bad Andy for Domino's Pizza
Geico auto insurance (the dog laughing)
Folger's Christmas commercial (Andy's home)

Wonderful1908
03-22-2001, 01:43 AM
For those who are from Cali, when I was little Pacific Bell had a series of commercials featuring two older man that used to recall their younger days. I think there names were Vern and...something. They were cool. Fox Sports also has some CRAZY commercials with people from other countries performing stunts (that usually result in death). its sick but I am sorry those commercials are funny.

[This message has been edited by Wonderful1908 (edited March 22, 2001).]

Ideal08
03-22-2001, 10:17 AM
The song is by Mos Def. I forget the name of it. Let me ponder some more, I'll be back. But it is on his CD.

The name of the song is "Umi."

tyshaun
03-22-2001, 08:21 PM
if yall think those are funny, you must havent seen the new nike presto commercials where the the girl is running and the two dudes come up and one of them goes into the street to clear the traffic and he is HIT by a car. as soon as i saw it i started laughing. Nike know they were wrong for that.

searching
03-23-2001, 04:27 PM
Thanks a Million Ideal80!!!! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif

Serenity
03-23-2001, 05:24 PM
I like the GAP commercials with the little boys and girls singing "Girl(Boy), you really got me going. You got me so I don't know what I'm doing."

I love the little girls! Especially the "lead" singer with her tambourine and her dancing. I also like that the girls' version is faster than the boys.

MaMaBuddha
04-02-2001, 09:56 PM
i had to bring this up...

the visa check card commerical, where the guys is trying to buy his little girl two rabbits and the cashier (an old black guy) he verifying who he is and the rabbits are F(*&ing like crazy

barry white is the background music "love is in the air"

------------------
MaMaBuddha

Devastating
Stimulating
Tantalizing

Imaginer un métro rempli avec les anges tombés...

OhSoPrettyNikki
04-02-2001, 10:49 PM
I absolutely love that old commercial for Johnson's baby shampoo where the babies are sing.....yes sir, that's my baby, no sir I dont mean maybe!

That old Oscar Meyer commerical... My bologna has a first name. Now you know thats how all of us learned to spell B-O-L-O-G-N-A!

How about the for Shoprite with those dancing ladies singing...Now shoprite has the can can , selling lots of brands of everything thing in cans cans.

The california raisins commerical ... "I heard it through the grapevine, how much longer would you be mine."

I agree those guys kill me in the BUD commercial "What are Youuuuuuuu doin?"

How about the Wendy's "Where's the BEEF?" That old lady was too too funny.

Then there's the new one for Taco bell
"we will, we will ..... stop doing that!
he he he

or the ziesty commercial for taco bell
uno, dos , ziesty!
"hello, ziesty! (beep) call waiting, *clicks to other line* Ziesty!!"

I LOVE commericals!!!!
I'll be back fo' sho'!

crayola
04-03-2001, 02:02 AM
These are some of my recent favorites:

The 7-UP commercial where the dude is doing a taste test and people are drinking the disgusting stuff.

The new Doritoes commercial where the girl gets knocked in the head with the Dorito on the tennis court!

HILARIOUS!!!

[This message has been edited by crayola (edited April 03, 2001).]

DreamCatcher
04-03-2001, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by OhSoPrettyNikki:
Then there's the new one for Taco bell
"we will, we will ..... stop doing that!
he he he

or the ziesty commercial for taco bell
uno, dos , ziesty!
"hello, ziesty! (beep) call waiting, *clicks to other line* Ziesty!!"

Oh my goodness, damn that Zesty...my boyfriend has been on that one for a week now..."Zesty times two!" http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

D.C.

bigBERG
04-03-2001, 02:44 AM
a few years back Jaguar did a series of commercials with "At Last"(by etta james) playing in the background...luvedit, luvdt, lvdt

------------------
Many are called, many are chosen, but only a few are PHROZEN!

AKA2D '91
04-12-2001, 07:09 PM
The Southwest Airlines commercial where the sista is visiting her "man". She is in the bathroom. She is in front of the medicine cabinet/mirror. So, she opens the cabinet and peeks to see what ole boy has inside. She pulls out some kind of ointment and places it back...just as she does so, ALL THE SHELVES FALL causing a mess! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/eek.gif The only thing sista could do is stand there and go eek! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/eek.gif

Then the commercial breaks showing a SW airline plane and in the background it says..."Wouldn't you like to get away?"

So don't put your nose somewhere it doesn't belong...you never know, there could be a boobie trap! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif

Rain Man
04-12-2001, 08:22 PM
For those of you who love TV commercials from the 80s, go to www.80stvthemes.com. (http://www.80stvthemes.com.) They have TONS of downloadables of old commercials from out childhood. Click on the "Commericials" icon. You must have Real Player capabilities to listen, but you can save them to disc at anytime.

Soulful Soror
04-14-2001, 12:56 AM
Ok...can I go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY Back??!! Does anybody remember the POSNER commercial that use to come on during Soul Train...I'm talkin' about when Don Cornelius was still hosting??...Anyways, Natalie Cole use to sing the POSNER commercial jingle...she'd say "POOOOSSS-NER! Positively Beautiful"...I always felt like she should've finished it off by saying "POOOOSSS-NER! Positively Beautiful..to MEEEEE!!" (LOL)..Pardon me, I may be very alone in remembering this commercial...but, not nah one a y'all betta ask me how old I am!

On a slightly different note...remember those School House Rock episodes? I have a few on tape...My favorites were "Suffering until Suffrage" & my FOREVER FAV-O-RITE was the one for the VERB...."that's what's happenin'"....when I play that tape of the VERB (which I do from time to time), I often times tear up...remember the good times back in the day!

I think I'll go play it right now...let me grab some kleenex! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

toocute
04-16-2001, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Soulful Soror:
Ok...can I go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY Back??!! Does anybody remember the POSNER commercial that use to come on during Soul Train...I'm talkin' about when Don Cornelius was still hosting??...Anyways, Natalie Cole use to sing the POSNER commercial jingle...she'd say "POOOOSSS-NER! Positively Beautiful"

*toocute showing her age*

I remember that commercial...how about the one for Afro Sheen and the box use to "tick" and then it exploded and who ever had the box had a BIG blow out afro. You know my brother bought that stuff and I ran for my life cuz I thought it was going to tick and explode. http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif Lawd...those were the days.

AKA2D '91
04-16-2001, 05:24 PM
'member when Debbie Allen used to dance to those Dark and Lovely ads?

D.COM
04-17-2001, 01:55 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! ROFLMAO!!!!
Ya'll are TOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!!!

Hey, I am not sure if any of you remember this one, but I only got to see it a couple of times.

There is this girl and a guy going out on a date. The guy opens the door for the girl, while he goes around to his side. As he is going to his side of the car, the girl quickly lets out a fart by lifting up her leg!!!! When the guy enters the car, he introduces her to TWO OTHER people in the back seat who are his friends (I guess they were all going on a double-date!!!!!!) The girl looks back and just has this FACE of EMBARASSMENT!!!! I almost died when I saw this one!!!!

I think it's for some BEEPER commercial.

LOL! Hey ya'll remember, "GOT MILK"?
My favorite is the guy eating Peanut Butter Sandwich and has no milk and wants to answer the question on the radio..."ADDUM BURRR, ADUM BURR"...but the radio guy can't understand him !!!! TOO FUNNY!!!

OF COURSE, What r u doing? Watching the game, having a bud...the old ladies!!! LOL!

80s Commercial: Hershey! American chocolate bar...Hershey! I love that chocolate bar!

naturalbeauty08
04-18-2001, 03:00 PM
No one remembers this commercial but it is MAD funny. It was a Sprite commercial. It was making a parody of kool-aid and Sunny D where the family is sitting around the kitchen table with a jug of some juice on the table when suddenly the little sun jumps off of the juice label. Now you know in most commercials they have the familly chatting with the little creature (ie, Mrs Butterworth). But this one was funny because the family started screaming and running... the dog even ran. The funniest part was when the mom fell just like in horror movies... and the kids look back and scream, "MOM!!" She says something to the effect of... "RUN!!!" to the kids.
It didn't get much airplay but that had to be the most funniest (bad grammar... i know) commercial!!!

------------------
...Taking control of my beauty... loving me for me...

Lil' bit
04-18-2001, 03:09 PM
Ok right now..... I'm loving the commercial with the Basketball players!

Classy_Diva5
04-18-2001, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by naturalbeauty08:
No one remembers this commercial but it is MAD funny. It was a Sprite commercial. It was making a parody of kool-aid and Sunny D where the family is sitting around the kitchen table with a jug of some juice on the table when suddenly the little sun jumps off of the juice label. Now you know in most commercials they have the familly chatting with the little creature (ie, Mrs Butterworth). But this one was funny because the family started screaming and running... the dog even ran. The funniest part was when the mom fell just like in horror movies... and the kids look back and scream, "MOM!!" She says something to the effect of... "RUN!!!" to the kids.
It didn't get much airplay but that had to be the most funniest (bad grammar... i know) commercial!!!

I remember that commercial! Too funny!
I also like the Got Milk commerical with the old lady and her cats-she takes non-dairy creamer and mixes it with water to feed them...those cats went SMOOTH off!

------------------
"Mind ya own, stay true to ya own, be ya own."
Peace and God Bless
Classy_Diva5

Serenity
04-18-2001, 07:32 PM
Have you seen the Raisin Bran (?) commercial with the guy getting milk from the cow because the milk is finished? His friends are watching him from the window and the girl turns to the other guy who's eating Raisin Bran and says, "shouldn't we tell him that's a boy cow?" And the guy is like, "he'll figure it out" as he continues to eat his cereal. http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/eek.gif

onesavvydiva
04-18-2001, 08:31 PM
I got a new car last month...and I couldn't help but stealing from that commercial (I think it's a kia commercial). I went inside my job and I am like..."Ya'll, there is a car out there, it's silver and it's so clean and shiny...it looks brand new...I wonder who's car it it?" So they say..."Isn't that YOUR car?" and I smile a HUGE smile.."It IS isn't it http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif)

------------------
'Cause I'm a woman,
Phenomenally
Phenomenal Woman
That's me

Maya Angelou

Ideal08
04-24-2001, 12:49 PM
Ok, the new Chupa-Chups radio commercial is hilarious!! I love it!

AKA2D '91
04-24-2001, 09:24 PM
Ok, the new Chupa-Chups radio commercial is hilarious!! I love it!
http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/confused.gif

Ideal08
05-07-2001, 03:44 PM
I can't believe you haven't heard the Chupa-Chups commercial!! Lemme tell yall about Chupa-Chups (choopa-choops). It's a lollipop that they had in Spain while I was there! Anyway, the commercials are HILARIOUS!! They are jingles, the whole thing is just someone singing, and they are so sarcastic! I love them!!

Anywho..... on to my new favorite commercial:

The Sprite commercial with the family taking a road trip, and the parents are OBNOXIOUSLY singing the Polly Doodle song. Oh, it's awful. Then they click to the back and the little boy is looking straight MISERABLE. Then it stops and it says on the screen: Wish you had a CD player? or something like that. OH, it was hilarious!! Loved it!

AKAtude
10-05-2001, 09:38 PM
Ok. I absolutely love the commercial for the Mitsubishi Lancer. I run to the tv to sing that silly song.:p

aprilzeta
10-06-2001, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Convinced
"Beige"
"Off white"
"Mother of Pearl"

I love that!

I love this commercial too! I'm sitting here LMAO as I think about that commercial. My all time favorite is the Parkay commercials.

CutiePie2000
10-07-2001, 01:45 AM
I am pretty sure that it was for Tide Laundry Detergent (cuz my Mom used Tide)....so that commercial reasonated in my brain! It was a Chinese Laundry place and run by an Asian guy...

The customers come in to get their clothes and they say to the proprietor: "wow..our clothes are so clean- how did you do it?" (and they guy would BS his customers and say "Ancient Chinese Secret")

Then he gets BUSTED and it comes out that the "Ancient Chinese Secret" was that he was really using Tide to get his customers' clothes clean...

CodeBlue_R3
10-07-2001, 07:40 PM
7up race car commercial-that guy is just crazy. But if you think about it he does have a point who can see the advertisement when you are going 200+ mph's.

ambitious 1
10-09-2001, 03:55 AM
One funny commercial is the one for Athelete's Foot (I think), where the dude is running, and a guy with a radio playing the rocky theme song comes running up beside him, and the guy that's running, pushes the guy with the radio into the bushes. Then the narrator says "Maybe we love our atheletes a little too much":D I am laughin just thinkin about it!!

gentleness08
10-09-2001, 11:09 AM
I like the Mastercard commericials. Like the one that gives the price of baseball game tickets, and then the cost of the food at the baseball game, etc. and then at the end it says "crossing another stadium off you list, priceless". I love those commericals.

I like all the Volkswagon commercials. They really make me want one of those cars. I like the one where a guy is driving some type of volkswagon car (probably a Jetta), and he is trying to make it to a wedding to interrupt it. I like the one where there is guy sitting in the car and it looks like he is talking to himself or something (you can't hear the sound). Then it turns out he is waiting for someone. His friend gets in the car and you hear that song "Mr. Roboto" and they both are singing it. It is so funny.

Ok this is the last one for now. I really like that Nike commerical where the people are playing Tag. It is so funny to me.

Tru2Life
10-09-2001, 11:59 PM
I love this topic! I'm wiping tears from my eyes from laughing so hard. A few of us are on the same wavelength. Here's my current favorite:

It's another GEICO commercial. This is the one where he mother is going to school to pick up her daughter, only she doesn't have a car. She's running in the middle of traffic, observing all traffic rules as if she's driving. Then she 'pulls' up to the school and blows her 'air horn'. She even has a 'bumper' sticker on her butt saying something to the effect that "My daughter is an honor roll student at xxx Elementary School." When another student asks the girl if that's her mother, the poor embarrassed child ducks her head and says 'no'. I think it's hilarious!

lil_sunshine
10-11-2001, 01:13 PM
"Beige"
"Off white"
"Mother of Pearl"

I love that!

I love that commercial. The other colors that the kids came up with in the original were stucco and ecru. :D I also love the first Geico commercial with the gecko. He said, "I'm a gecko, not to be confused with Geico, which could save you hundreds on car insurance. So stop calling me!" I also like the Budweiser commercials with the black guys saying, "Whhaaasssssuuuuuupppppp!!!!!!!" :D and the frogs saying, "Bud-weis-er." :D

Peaches-n-Cream
10-16-2001, 03:20 AM
I still love that Life Cereal commercial with Mikey. When I was a little girl, I was devastated when I heard the rumor that he died from Pop Rocks and soda.:eek:

dst3800
10-16-2001, 04:26 AM
My favorite commercial right now has to be the geiko one w/ the lady going to pick her daughter up from school, but she has no car!! :eek: She stops at the stop sign, has a bumper sticker on her butt, and she even has one of those air horns people use at the game. When her daughter comes out of the school, she stands there and blow her horn and yells to get her daughter's attention. Walking with a friend, the daughter denies knowing her when asked if that is her Mom. I roll all over the floor every time i see it! I don't blame the little girl, I would have igged her too! :D

MsReal
10-16-2001, 10:33 PM
My favorite commercial right now has to be the geiko one w/ the lady going to pick her daughter up from school, but she has no car!! She stops at the stop sign, has a bumper sticker on her butt, and she even has one of those air horns people use at the game. When her daughter comes out of the school, she stands there and blow her horn and yells to get her daughter's attention. Walking with a friend, the daughter denies knowing her when asked if that is her Mom. I roll all over the floor every time i see it! I don't blame the little girl, I would have igged her too!

I love this one!

I also like two of the Snickers commercials during football season.
The first one is when the football player was tackled so they put him on the bench. He thought he was batman so everytime they asked him a question he replied "I'm Batman." When the coach told him to go to the locker room he got up and said "To the batcave!"

The other is when one of the football players were tackled he stayed on the ground and all of the doctors and the coached went on the field to see if he was okay. The crowd was booing because he made a bad play or something. When they asked him where was he hurt and he replied "When people boo, it hurts my feelings." :D

1savvydiva
11-03-2002, 11:30 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I LOVE commercials, I could sit and watch a show full of good commercials.

Name your favorite

Right now, my favorite commercial is the new Sprint commercial.

The wife tells the husband to bring home a movie, and make it old...he hears bring home a MONKEY WITH A COLD!!! :D

They have the nerve to have the monkey sitting up there in a robe with a thermometer in his mouth, and did you see the cough medicine and tissues on the table? That was funny as hell!

Sexy Mocha
11-04-2002, 11:59 AM
I love that commercial! The monkey is sooooo cute!
I am also feeling the new Ikea commercials. Especially the one where the woman throws her old lamp out (because she has purchased a new one). She puts the lamp outside with the rest of the garbage in the pouring rain.
Then the camera shows her putting the new lamp in its place. It seems like the old lamp is sadly "looking" through the window where it used to "live".

Then this dude comes out of nowhere and says in a German accent "You feel sorry for the little lamp don't you?....That's because you are crazy. It has no feelings."

It's hilarious because you actually find yourself feeling sorry for the lamp.

Ideal08
11-04-2002, 12:51 PM
for 1savvydiva! ;)

I will take my chances and try to merge....

*EDIT* And it worked!!! I am no longer afraid to merge!!! :D

librasoul22
11-04-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Sexy Mocha
I love that commercial! The monkey is sooooo cute!
I am also feeling the new Ikea commercials. Especially the one where the woman throws her old lamp out (because she has purchased a new one). She puts the lamp outside with the rest of the garbage in the pouring rain.
Then the camera shows her putting the new lamp in its place. It seems like the old lamp is sadly "looking" through the window where it used to "live".

Then this dude comes out of nowhere and says in a German accent "You feel sorry for the little lamp don't you?....That's because you are crazy. It has no feelings."

It's hilarious because you actually find yourself feeling sorry for the lamp.

Hilarious! :D

yasava
11-04-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by lil_sunshine

I also love the first Geico commercial with the gecko. He said, "I'm a gecko, not to be confused with Geico, which could save you hundreds on car insurance. So stop calling me!"

There hasn't been a Geico commericial I haven't liked. The latest one with the gecko and brunette and "love-song" music playing in the background cracks me up.

Also, the Progressive Insurance one with the girl who had a piercing, and her mom is upset because the daughter didn't shop around for the best price for the piercing.

EDIT: I went back, NaturalBeauty mentioned this sprite commercial already, but it is my favorite.

All-time favorite: The Sprite commercial from at least 5 yrs ago where the kids are drinking some orange drink, and there is a sun on the bottle. The sun pops out, says hello. The kids scream and run away, and the sun chases them screaming "But I've got nutrients!" Everyone at school talked about that commercial the next day. http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/lachen/lachen013.gif

FeeFee
11-04-2002, 02:47 PM
"Beige"
"Off white"
"Mother of Pearl"

I love that!

I used to ROFL everytime that commercial would come on. Wasn't Ecru one of the other colors mentioned? Anyway, LOL.

I also loved the Michael Jordan commercial with "Umi" by Mos Def - I think it was mostly b/c of the song. :)

Also on my list:
Wendy's "Where's the Beef"
Coca-Cola - the one they show for Xmas - so cool!
The one where the little kid is singing "You are My Sunshine" - I forgot what product was being advertised. Dang! :(

Honeykiss1974
11-04-2002, 04:47 PM
My fav commercial from childhood:

The Tootsie Roll :cool:
"The world looks mighty good to me,"
" 'cause Tootsie Rolls are all I see"
"Whatever it is I think, I see....becomes a Tootsie Roll to me"
"Tootsie Rolls are full of chocolaty chew"
"Tootsie Roll I think I'm in love with you"

:D

My fav commercial now:

-Those Mitsubishi commercials because I LOVE the music!
-That one Sierra Mist commercial when its a hot a$$ summer day and that dog is one the bed STRAIGHT CHILLIN'!!!

NOWorNEVER
11-04-2002, 04:56 PM
My favorite commercials have been the latest Nike commercials. Where there aren't really words...just a bunch of different athletic events with this piano music in the background that starts and ends with a little boy running. It's simple but brings out my competitive side. I also like the Nike commercial where they are showing different athletes getting warmed up to the sounds of symphony musicians getting warmed up on their instruments.

I also LOVE the coke commercials (even though I'm not crazy about coke). The one where they start out, "For the short, for the tall, for the big, for the small.....for the sunny days, for the starry nights....for everyone!" I think it's so creative!

AKA2D '91
11-05-2002, 06:49 PM
1. Geico Mom-running down the street to pick her daughter up from school.

2.Sears- brotha goes to the 'frig to drink out of the milk carton. Wifey is sipping on coffee. Hubby drinks the milk from the carton and INSTANTLY spits it out (it's sour). Wifey calmly without stopping what she is doing says, "The refrigerator is broken". (Something like that!)

beauty_6049
11-07-2002, 06:29 PM
I can't remeber which beer company it was but Cedric the Entertainer was dancing and he was shaking up a bottle of beer. When he went to go open the bottle of beer for his date, the beer went all over her! I thought that was hilarious!:D

1savvydiva
12-12-2002, 11:04 AM
Has anyone seen the new Sears commercial with India.Arie and Stevie?

I like!!!

MY FAVORITE commercial right now though is the Sears commercial where the wife keeps hinting to her husband that she wants some jewelry.

At the end of the commercial, he is sitting there playing the card game Solitare, with a deck that she has obviously tampered with...and he is like, "Honey, where are all the diamonds?" She's like "Yeah...where ARE all the diamonds?"

Sexy Mocha
12-12-2002, 12:58 PM
I like the commercial where the 2 M&Ms unexpectedly bump into Santa Clause who is delivering the Christmas gifts:

M&M: "He does exist"
Santa: "They do exist"

Then they both faint.

MS_CHRIS
12-16-2002, 04:38 AM
I LIKE THE 7UP COMMERCIAL WHERE ORLANDO JONES (THE 7UP GUY) IS MAKING THE 7UP TRUCK DRIVERS POSE AND HE TAKES THEIR PICTURE.

THE FUNNIEST ONES ARE THE FAT GUY IN THE MERMAID OUTFIT AND THE FAT GUY CAUGHT IN THE FISHING NET :)

Kimmie1913
12-16-2002, 10:47 AM
Hmmm.... of recent commercials- the SPrint PCS commercial they were running around Thanksgiving.

The Sprint guy is standing with a sista in the kitchen. Thereis a turkey on the counter. She is on a phone staring at the turkey. She bends down, looks in the turkey and says into the phone "You want me to put my what in the what what?"

HA!

Love it.

Gina1201
05-21-2003, 09:27 PM
I'm loving the new apple ads where the people are singing. It reminds me of the GAP ads from a while back. The funniest one to me is the guy that does "Baby Got Back" and at the end he does his little butt shake. Everytime I see it it makes me CTFU. :D

DEvynSince84
07-29-2003, 12:17 PM
My favorite commerical is...

That pepsi commercial with Orlando Jones. The particular one when he told the dog to fetch the pepsi can. The dog went to fetch the can while it was still in the air and he accidently knocked the dog out, because the pepsi can landed on the dog's head. Then Orlando Jones ran the other way. :D

tinydancer
07-29-2003, 01:51 PM
I love the one where the man sings "beer, beer, beer, beer" to the Meow Mix tune. His wife just gives him SUCH a look!!

The Chefs and "Great Googly Moogly" is still about my favorite one.

nachural
07-29-2003, 03:37 PM
I love the Verizon "can you hear me now" commercials

I think it's value city but the commercials where they find a reason to go shopping are sooo funny. Especially the one where a tiny drop of water falls on the daughter's sweater and they were like "it's gonna shrink!" lol

miss priss
07-29-2003, 03:46 PM
I love that Progressive Insurance commercial ...
Where the guy sits down at his computer and clicks his mouse on his computer and gets an elf , a disco ball , music , and his roommate turns into a girl w/pizza.
The second one is where the waitress is taking an order and they start bidding on her to take thier order. (I love this one the most.)

Conskeeted7
07-29-2003, 05:40 PM
There's a series of commercials from the phone company that shows someone answering the phone and the telemarketer asking if they would like to change companies. The homeowner them starts to reminisce about changing something else like their plumber (images of walking through halls of water and furniture floating away) and the gardner (someone with a chainsaw cutting down everything in site and brown grass). The homeowner then says, no I think I'll stick with the company I have.

There's also a dog food commercial that comes on TNT all the time. The dog starts dancing when the guy puts his food out. It's obviously computer generated, but this dog is doing the running man and everything. It is too cute to me.

SensativAF
07-29-2003, 05:49 PM
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that new tide commercial!!!! (I think its tide?) The one with the lady and she passes a clean white shirt down to the nurse, kid with the soccer shoes, girl with the grass etc.....

I only like it because of the song "Anything You can do I can do Better, I can do anything BETTER than YOU!!!! (Male Voice: No Ya Can't!) (Female Voice: Yes I can!!!!!) My boyfriend gets so mad at me because every time the commercial comes on, I stop what I'm doing jump up, and start singing it!!!!:D

Ahhhhhhhh I'm singing it right now!!!!! In my baritone voice "no ya can't" In my 1st soprano voice "Yes I Caaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!"

<-----yea I’m silly I know!!!!:rolleyes: :cool: :D

exquizit
07-29-2003, 06:39 PM
I like that dog food commercial too, but I also love the new Arby's commercial where the oven mitt suddenly realizes that he doesn't have ears or a nose.

Diva_01
07-29-2003, 08:20 PM
I love the kit kat commercials...

"oooohhh, give me a break!!"
Especially the one where the black man is in the office waiting for his appointment.

and...I love any commercials with animals talking.

And...the Dr. Scholls commercial where the two men get into a car crash, and they are happy and relaxed because they are "gellin"...

lostnfound117
07-30-2003, 12:30 PM
1. The McDonald's Commercial when I was in the 5th grade and the two girls were doubledutching...

"Biggg Mac, McDLT, a quarter pounder with some cheese...filet-o-fish, a cheeeeeeeseburger, haammmmburger, happy meal......
McNuggets, tasty golden french fries, regular or larger size...."

I can't believe I remember this

2. the "Get in Shape Girl" commerical cause I wanted to be one of the little girls in the commercial exercising. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

3. The Tootsie Pop Commercial when the little boy asks the owl how many licks does it take to get to the middle of a tootsie roll pop.

"One....Two...Threee...CRACK....It's takes three licks" (said in his little british voice)

lostnfound117
07-30-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Honeykiss1974
My fav commercial from childhood:

The Tootsie Roll :cool:
"The world looks mighty good to me,"
" 'cause Tootsie Rolls are all I see"
"Tootsie Rolls are full of chocolaty chew"
"Tootsie Roll I think I'm in love with you"

Sniff....Sniff.....you have just really taken me back!

lostnfound117
07-30-2003, 12:42 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
This was my favorite super bowl commerical this year. I was crying!
Click the Link, and then click "Terry's World"
You may have to sign up...I'm not sure:

http://terrytate.reebok.com/index.asp#

MsVee1980
07-31-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by lostnfound117
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
This was my favorite super bowl commerical this year. I was crying!
Click the Link, and then click "Terry's World"

Yeah, that was funny. I LOVE the sprint cell phone commercials. Especially the one that they did with Sigfreid (sp?) and Roy. :D

Rain Man
08-01-2003, 10:14 PM
1. The McDonald's Commercial when I was in the 5th grade

"Biggg Mac, McDLT, a quarter pounder with some cheese...filet-o-fish, a cheeeeeeeseburger, haammmmburger, happy meal......
McNuggets, tasty golden french fries, regular or larger size...."

I can't believe I remember this

Well, I have a link for you to hear it. Click below:
The McDonald's Menu Song (http://www.80stvthemes.com/ra/121999/MCMENU.ra)

2. the "Get in Shape Girl" commerical cause I wanted to be one of the little girls in the commercial exercising. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Luckout number two!! Click here!!

Get In Shape Girl (http://www.80stvthemes.com/ra/GETINSHAPEGIRL.ra)

For more commercials and theme songs, go to:

The 80s TV Themes Supersite (http://www.80stvthemes.com)

Gina1201
08-02-2003, 01:17 PM
My new favorite commercial of the moment is Mary j. Blige's Reebok commercial when she's double dutching.

RedefinedDiva
08-02-2003, 08:54 PM
Currently, my favorite commercial has to be the Snickers commercial with that amusement park character, Barky the Dog. I CTFU when the guy asks when the watershow is whille Barky is standing right next to the sign!! HILARIOUS!! :D

lostnfound117
08-04-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Rain Man
Well, I have a link for you to hear it. Click below:
The McDonald's Menu Song (http://www.80stvthemes.com/ra/121999/MCMENU.ra)

Luckout number two!! Click here!!

Get In Shape Girl (http://www.80stvthemes.com/ra/GETINSHAPEGIRL.ra)

For more commercials and theme songs, go to:

The 80s TV Themes Supersite (http://www.80stvthemes.com)

ROTFL....LMAO....
thanks so much....you have TRULY taken me back!

abaici
03-01-2004, 05:29 PM
OK..LOL..

Everytime I see the GMC commercial with the five guys riding along, and one of them is singing Shania Twain's, Man I feel like a Woman...I am on the floor!

There are tears in my eyes from laughing as we speak! LOL

btb87
03-01-2004, 05:41 PM
. . .it's one of the latest Sprint commercials where that little girl is talking a mile a minute and is plaiting her dad's hair. The family is suffering because their "free minutes" don't start until 9:00 and it's only 7:00. She has done his nails and has done erbody's hair (including Fido's!).

Every single time I see that commercial, I crack up!

pointNclick
03-01-2004, 06:13 PM
OMG!!!

Soror I am soo with you on this one. I actually burnt some food while I was cooking the other day because I was so pressed to see this commercial for like the 100th time.

I am a big fan of that particular Shania song, so to see this guy just getting into it has me howling every time. The guy that is singing is a RIOT!!!

Originally posted by abaici
OK..LOL..

Everytime I see the GMC commercial with the five guys riding along, and one of them is singing Shania Twain's, Man I feel like a Woman...I am on the floor!

There are tears in my eyes from laughing as we speak! LOL

abaici
03-01-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by pointNclick
OMG!!!

Soror I am soo with you on this one. I actually burnt some food while I was cooking the other day because I was so pressed to see this commercial for like the 100th time.

I am a big fan of that particular Shania song, so to see this guy just getting into it has me howling every time. The guy that is singing is a RIOT!!!

We are >here<

He was sooooooooo into it! My question is, why were his boys playing him. I mean, come on, he was in the back seat! He didn't turn the radio. I mean, the driver was a Black man. He was in control of that radio.

Ok, I have spent a little too much time thinking about this commercial.

Sistermadly
03-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Very few people remember this one, but I swear, it was the funniest commercial EVER!

About four or five years ago, Miller Lite ran this spot where some guys were in the woods building a log cabin. At the end of their hard work, they sat back and opened up some Lite beer to celebrate. Then all of a sudden, this heavy metal guitar riff starts playing, and the singer starts singing "EVIL BEAVER...EVIL BEAVER!!" over and over again.

The evil beavers were men dressed up in beaver suits who sought revenge on the cabin builders for taking all of their wood. They came out of nowhere and started beating the crap out of the lumberjacks. The whole spot was absurd, but the FUNNIEST scene in it was the one black guy who was dressed up as a beaver who was so upset at the lumberjacks that he bit off the wooden leg of one of the lumberjacks and was chewing on it! :D I was crying I was laughing so hard... but then, I'm easily amused. ;)

Favorite commercial of the present:
We love the subs...we love the Quiznos subs... If you've never seen this, go to quiznos.com and click on the furry little...whatever the he** they are... on the front page.

Prissfit1908
03-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by btb87
. . .it's one of the latest Sprint commercials where that little girl is talking a mile a minute and is plaiting her dad's hair. The family is suffering because their "free minutes" don't start until 9:00 and it's only 7:00. She has done his nails and has done erbody's hair (including Fido's!).

Soror, I have to roll with you on this one! :D Why do I LOVE that commercial? The dog is what really killed me... How come I used to comb my mom's hair when I was little? Plus, my mom would give me all of her old make-up and my dad would let me put in on him while he slept after he got home from work? One time, he forgot and had to go to work with nail polish on... Thank God for his secretary... :p

btb87
03-01-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Prissfit1908
Soror, I have to roll with you on this one! :D Why do I LOVE that commercial? The dog is what really killed me... How come I used to comb my mom's hair when I was little? Plus, my mom would give me all of her old make-up and my dad would let me put in on him while he slept after he got home from work? One time, he forgot and had to go to work with nail polish on... Thank God for his secretary... :p

Oh My God, Soror, I am over here ROLLING just thinking about that image! I bet that was just too hilarious!

phoenixrising
03-02-2004, 09:36 AM
Old school commercials:

The old York Peppermint Patty's-
a woman is telling her story:

"When I bite into a York peppermint patty, I get the sensation of a cool breeze, blowing through my hair & across my looonngg white dress. Ooohhhh, ohhhhhh. " (she proceeds into an orgasmic state). :eek:

I was like 7 when these came out...needless to say I wanted to try one.

Any of the Lil Caesars commercials:
"Pizza, Pizza"!!

Newer school:

Those waazzuuuppp guys.
The frog/lizard budweiser commercials
The advertising of the NFL/NBA commercials when regular people start acting like athletes.

for example:
woman trying on shoes, shoe guy bends over to pick up some selections. she sees his arse in the air in front of her, she sticks her hand up his choo choo to hike the shoe...the look on his face is priceless.

The Hershey Kisses at Christmas in the choir, trying on new clothes, roller coasters..actually any of them.

lil_sunshine
03-02-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Prissfit1908
How come I used to comb my mom's hair when I was little? Plus, my mom would give me all of her old make-up and my dad would let me put in on him while he slept after he got home from work? One time, he forgot and had to go to work with nail polish on... Thank God for his secretary... :p Wow, I'm CTHU here. Thassss funnyyyyyy!!!!!!! :D

feu_declipse
03-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by btb87

I love that commercial too.

I'm also a big fan of the new Sprite commercials where "Thirst" is a black male doll with an afro. I especially love the one with Lebron James.

AKA2D '91
08-03-2004, 07:44 PM
Office Max or Depot w/ "Rubber Band Man"

1savvydiva
10-07-2004, 04:18 AM
My new fav commercial is the one for Dell (I think) when the guy is supposed to be paying bills and he is doing everything BUT. (Playing airdrums, watching sappy movies, playing solitare, doing kung-fu, listening to music...etc) His wife comes to the door and is like "How are the bills coming?"

kiml122
10-07-2004, 09:09 AM
One of my new favs is the one for Michael Vick sneakers and the ride at an amusement park is simulating being Mick Vick in a game. When the dude cries out and screams I laugh so hard.

lil_sunshine
10-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Two of my new favorite commercials are both Dell commercials:

1. The commercial with the two female roommates- one who is a Goth chick and the other one who is sooooo preppy and her fave color is pink ("I love pink. I bet your favorite color's black.") It was funny how the only thing they had in common was choice of laptop. :D

2. The one where the people's CPU's were either falling to the floor (the ugly Black guy at the party), becoming water damaged (the hallway water slide) or being crushed under a mound of mess (the White guy throwing one last clothing item onto the loft bed and the whole thing just breaking).

Those two commercials are HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

RedefinedDiva
10-07-2004, 10:44 PM
I like the Old Navy commercial with the girl going crazy over AIR!! That commercial cracks me up everytime I see it!

j_du561
10-11-2004, 02:22 PM
I love the Geico "fake-out" commercials. The last one I saw was about a new reality tv show called "Tiny House" or something. It was supposed to be this newly wed couple who were living in this miniature house together for a year. It looked so real, the couple was arguing and everything! Just when I started wondering what kind of prize would entice someone to go on a show like that, the announcer goes:

"The drama will be real, but it won't save you any money on your car insurance."

I was like dang. They got me on that one. But I still have car insurance with State Farm. ;)

AKA_Monet
10-11-2004, 09:09 PM
My favorite old skool were:

"I drink Dr. Pepper don't yah know... It's orginal taste takes me so... I'ma Pepper, he's a Pepper, she's a Pepper, we're a Pepper... Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?"

"Where's the Beef" and "Parts is parts"

"And the TWINS!!! Here's to Football!"

"Go see Cal Worthington and his dog Spot! At Cal Worthington Dodge!!!"

"Fanta, Fanta, has a mighty good taste..." This one was done in a "Yellow Submarine" style of animation...

"Dude, you're gettin' a DELL!!!"

"Do you wanna go... (g'wan baby) to the likka stow... Wit yo' St. Ides, baby..."

1cococookie
10-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by RedefinedDiva
I like the Old Navy commercial with the girl going crazy over AIR!! That commercial cracks me up everytime I see it!

You and me both!! I break my neck to watch that one.

Highm8ness1
11-15-2004, 01:36 PM
The funniest commercial that I have seen so far was the Red Bull commercial. An animated man is walking down the street, and a bird flies by and poops on him, and laughs. The man takes out his handkerchief and wipes it off. Then he pulls out a Red Bull, drinks it, and then sprouts wings. The man the flies up in the air and get's over the bird, upzips his pants (implying that the man was going to urine on the bird), and the birds screams. This was so funny.

Another one I saw was a European commercial.

This guy went into a department store to try on some slacks. He notices this two piece red satin bra and panty set hanging in the dressing room over the wall. He decides to try it on. He is posing in the the two piece. Then all of a sudden, the fire alarm goes off, and he doesn't know which way to go. So everyone is evacuating the building. Of course this was televised (on the commercial). Then he come running down the fire escape in his two piece in front of every body. The commercial show his wife and kids watching the scene at home on TV. You had to see it.

lostnfound117
11-27-2004, 08:14 PM
I like that Targert commercial about the wake up calls for the Day after Thanksgiving sale. There is like an office and at each desk is someone giving the person a wakeup call. The funny thing is, you got folks like Darth Vader, Ice T, a little girl singing, a rooster, etc waking the folx up!

http://target.com/target_group/stores_services/wake_up_videos.jhtml

RedefinedDiva
11-28-2004, 10:58 PM
I like the Diet Coke commercial with Adrien Brody. It's not a commercial that's full of action or anything, but the music makes my head bop! :D

Wonderful1908
11-29-2004, 12:20 AM
I really like the new Geico commercial where it makes it seem like this married couple has to be on a new reality show called "Tiny House" where the house is like 5ft!!!

OrangeMoon
11-29-2004, 02:28 PM
the Tide commericial with the AA man and his child. Gotta love it

the GAP commericial with Mary J. :D

tinydancer
11-30-2004, 12:31 AM
I like that Targert commercial about the wake up calls for the Day after Thanksgiving sale. There is like an office and at each desk is someone giving the person a wakeup call. The funny thing is, you got folks like Darth Vader, Ice T, a little girl singing, a rooster, etc waking the folx up!

http://target.com/target_group/stores_services/wake_up_videos.jhtml
I like that one, too! I sooo wish I had been home on Fri. so I could have Ice T call and tell me to get my butt up!

STL_Lady
11-30-2004, 08:10 PM
Hi everyone. Hope you all are having a lovely evening. This is my first time posting in this particular forum, I have posted in others. Anyway I decided to tell everyone hello before I just started talking. But back to the subject at hand....

I like that commercial too!!! But my favorite commercials of all time are the Coke commercials with the polar bears.

Neosoulchild
01-09-2005, 08:15 PM
My favorite commerical by far is the Tide commercial with the little boy laying on his Daddy (who might I add is very easy on the eye). And the song, "Take Me Home" is playing. I always stop what I'm doing and run to the TV when I hear that music coming on. Such a positive message. I keep saying I'm going to go buy some Tide, just because I like the commercial.

aephi alum
01-09-2005, 08:55 PM
One of my favorites was a Super Bowl commercial from a few years back (during the dot-com boom). I think it was for Etrade. A man is being rushed into the ER. He's lying on his stomach, and little pieces of paper are flying out of his butt. The conversation among the hospital staff is along the lines of: "What's wrong with him?" "He's got money coming out the wazoo!" "Does he have insurance?" "Who cares! He's got money coming out the wazoo!"

I loved the beer commercials with Alex the dog. There was one where his owner was playing poker with his buddies, and there is a sequence of delivery men with various items that the men hadn't ordered... first there's a pizza, then a six-pack of beer, and lastly a female poodle with a big pink bow! There was another one where you hear, from the kitchen, the sounds of a beer being opened and poured out and a dog slurping... his owner yells, "Alex, that better be water you're drinking!"

pointNclick
01-09-2005, 09:07 PM
I LOVE the Geico commerical where the geico is doing the robot and the executive is doing the "stiff" robot.

I love that commerical so much that if I don't see it for a few days, I will go to the Geico website and play the commerical.

:D

1savvydiva
02-07-2005, 03:21 AM
I have a new favorite.

MC Hammer's Nationwide commercial. They show him dancing in front of the mansion with his crew like they are in a video. Then the screen flashes "15 minutes later" and they show him sitting on the ground and the tow truck repossessing his car and a "foreclosed" sign in front of his house. The voiceover says "Life comes at you fast...be prepared" or something like that.

I hollered!!!! :D

lostnfound117
02-07-2005, 08:39 AM
I like the NFL commercial where all of the pro football players are singing "Tomorrow" from Annie! It's hilarious!!

Pearls4Life
07-09-2005, 02:03 AM
My favorite is a commercial about carpet cleaner. A baby is in a stroller whipping thorugh the house in different rooms. That commercial leaves me in stitches...lol Dang, maybe it is not a carpet commercial...lol....somebody help me out.:D

Gyrl7
07-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Pearls4Life
My favorite is a commercial about carpet cleaner. A baby is in a stroller whipping thorugh the house in different rooms. That commercial leaves me in stitches...lol Dang, maybe it is not a carpet commercial...lol....somebody help me out.:D

I second it! That baby was zipping through the house in that walker. Those itty bitty feet were moving quicker than the wheels on the walker.

I also like the Capitol One "No" commercial. They have a few of them but that man kills me with his "NO deal!"

StarFish106
07-12-2005, 09:20 AM
My first all time fave commercial is from Dunkin Doughnuts where the 'time to make the doughnuts' man is dressed as a woman asking the 2 supermarket bakers about their doughnuts. Neither of the guys can believe what they are seeing (a man dressed as a woman holding his finger over his bushy mustache). He's asking about the freshness of their doughnuts. The one guy on the side drops the loaf of bread he is holding because he is staring so hard. I loved that commercial

My other one was for Pizza Hut and they were singing "on the first day after Thanksgiving my true love gave to me _____ that she made with leftover turkey". The funny part is the christmas tree in the background each day looses more needles and decorations while the guy sitting at the table has had at least 5 days worth of leftovers and is about to choke.

Did i just age myself with these? Oh well...

pretty edAKAted
07-12-2005, 10:35 AM
I really like the one that is out now where there is a young guy just out of college. He is going for his first interview. He wakes up with some (i think starbucks coffee). Then the anthem comes on

(The hey song: (follow me here)

da da dummmm. da dummmm da dummm. da da dummmmm
da dummmm da dummmm. da da da da da dadada Hey! (whisper) .. {all while there is this group of his friends and family following him down the street, in the elevator, outside the interview office, still singing the song pumping him up getting him ready for the interview)

It sounds wierd but it is funny. (cmon i know somebody has seen this other than me. )

futurestar1
07-12-2005, 10:47 AM
I really like that DQ commercial about the scientist who learned to speak bee

babe'sbabe
07-12-2005, 11:43 AM
H-A-N-K!!!

I love that commercial as well as the one before that using the "Eye of the Tiger" song

Originally posted by pretty edAKAted
I really like the one that is out now where there is a young guy just out of college. He is going for his first interview. He wakes up with some (i think starbucks coffee). Then the anthem comes on

da dummmm da dummmm. da da da da da dadada Hey! (whisper) .. {all while there is this group of his friends and family following him down the street, in the elevator, outside the interview office, still singing the song pumping him up getting him ready for the interview)

It sounds wierd but it is funny. (cmon i know somebody has seen this other than me. )

Krisco
07-12-2005, 07:11 PM
I love the commercial where the guy is in for an interview and he keeps kissing up and calling the man Mr. Dumb Ass, and the man finally corrects him and says his name is Mr. Dumass. COM A DEE!

hipshimmy
07-20-2005, 07:27 PM
My favorite old commercial was from Little Ceasars pizza. People were standing at the bus stop talking about how impossible it was to offer a pizza with 10 toppings for only 10 bucks. An old man with a dog says "Anything is possible. I even taught my dog to say I love you". The dog literally barking out something that sounded like "Ah ruv woo" 2x while the people watch in awe. I wish they would show it again.
I like one by office depot that I haven't seen for a few years. During the back to school season you see a father with two children shopping at office depot. He is dancing around the store to a song "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" (the X-mas song). The children look so sad and the father is kicking his leg up and riding on the shopping cart in front of his kids. It is hilarious to me.
More recently the t-mobile commercials are getting my attention. The man who drops his phone in the gorilla area of the zoo, the guy with the huge bug bite on his face, and the 2 guys trapped in the freezer. I wonder what else they will come up with for the phone co.

prettyNprissy
07-20-2005, 11:34 PM
My favorite commercial of all time is the Coca-Cola commercial circa 1979 or 1980 featuring Mean Joe Green and the little boy. I just loved it when Joe said "Hey kid....catch" and threw his jersey to the little boy and the boy replied "Thanks Mean Joe..." that is definitely a classic!

pretty edAKAted
07-21-2005, 09:45 PM
I just saw one today:

This commercial was advertising eyeglasses (some new company).

Okay, this lady walked in the store and she was browsing, she asked the worker, why are your prices of these same glasses so much higher than (the new company). The man stopped moving and pretended he was a manican. the customer said, "i know you are not a manican" and the man just stood there still, then the lady walked out and rolled her eyes. :rolleyes:

StarFish106
07-22-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by hipshimmy

I like one by office depot that I haven't seen for a few years. During the back to school season you see a father with two children shopping at office depot. He is dancing around the store to a song "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" (the X-mas song). The children look so sad and the father is kicking his leg up and riding on the shopping cart in front of his kids. It is hilarious to me.

Yeah I always liked that one as well...THEY'RE GOING BACK!!! and the kids looks mad and pissed at the same time and dad is having a ball!

unspokenone25
07-22-2005, 11:21 AM
I think it is Office Max commercial with the "Rubberband Man". I liked that song and the black dude that was moving and shaking in the commercial.

unspokenone25
07-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by pretty edAKAted

Everytime I see that commercial I wanna go to Starbucks

skywalker20_99
07-22-2005, 03:00 PM
I absolutely LOVE the Fruit of the Loom Coomercials. Especially the new music video commercial. If they weren't being so silly, it would actually be a really nice song. LOL.

StarFish106
07-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Has anyone seen the commercial where the man is at home sitting at the table attempting to do surgery to himself while he is on the phone with his doctor? He is attempting to cut himself opem with a clam knife and asks his doc "shouldn't you be doing this?" and the doc says "Nah you'll be fine!"

That is my newest simple commercial for now.

unfaltering
07-29-2005, 09:41 PM
I like that fed-ex commercial where they guy 1 says:

Guy 1: We shouldn't use fed-ex, they're too expensive. (everyone in the office starts looking around like "no he didn't")

Guy 2 says: You what, I'm tired of this. You can't ever get anything right. It's not the leaning tower of PIZZA it's the leaning tower of PISA. We don't get FRENCH benefits, we get Fringe benefits and fed-ex isn't expensive.

Guy 1: We don't get French benefits!!!

That cracks me up everytime. I also like the one credit card commercial where they have the people talking but it's not really them talking. They do a really good job. I also like those Geico commercials.

christiangirl
07-30-2005, 04:56 PM
It was a commercial for Squirt (the soda). It came out while I was in 7th grade and Squirt was still REALLY popular. We couldn't stop singing the song for a month ("everybody's a little wild, everybody's a little child, everybody's a little squirt so squirtin' squirt your thirst...)

1flypoodle
08-01-2005, 01:42 PM
My favorite right now is the pepsi commercial where the guy comes into the store to buy a chicken and the chickens see his pepsi and start wrestling and slapping each other around. One of the chickens finally wins and other gets knocked onto the floor and the guy is like "I'll take that one" and the Asian guy is like "Good choice" choosing the one still left in the case. Cracks me up everytime.

#1 Leading Lady
08-06-2005, 12:58 PM
I really enjoy the new Citi Bank credit card identify theft commericail where the guy says Oochie coochie....it cracks me up every time.

honeychile
08-06-2005, 01:04 PM
Lately, I've been loving the one where the guy is smiling & happy, and saying this is my house, my pool, my luxury car, my sauna, my spa, my this, my that and with the same tone of voice and same look on his face, he says, "How do I do this? Because I'm in debt up to my eyebrows!" It just strikes a funny nerve with me!

and Kudos on the Mean Joe Green ad - I think that should be in the Advertisement Hall of Fame, if there is one!

Neosoulchild
08-06-2005, 03:01 PM
I like the Healthy Choice commerical for their ice cream. With the little girl lying to her mother about her day to get more ice cream. It's cute.

9dstpm
08-08-2005, 08:33 AM
Of course I love the Allstate commercials. Hee hee.

Really though, I love those Office Depot back to school commercials with that guy with the crazy hair and clothes, going around giving out school supplies to the kids while they play "rubberband man" in the background. Even the animated one they did at Christmas was funny!! I just saw a new Office Depot one for back to school a minute ago!!

aurora_borealis
08-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Neosoulchild
I like the Healthy Choice commerical for their ice cream. With the little girl lying to her mother about her day to get more ice cream. It's cute.

My (male) roommate and I saw this and I think we've had too many psych/comm/advertising classes. We both thought "that little girl has now been introduced to a life of emotional eating", and that it sends a mixed message.

My favorite commercials are on The-N. Specifically the Degrassi ones.
"You're my best friend...sorry I put you in a wheelchair"
"Thinking of you...thinking of him"
"If you think he liked you, just wait until he meets your brother"

They are so ridiculous I can't help but laugh.

PoodlePrints
08-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by #1 Leading Lady
I really enjoy the new Citi Bank credit card identify theft commericail where the guy says Oochie coochie....it cracks me up every time.

I like all their identity theft commercials.

Conskeeted7
09-03-2005, 09:59 PM
I like the KFC commercial where the mom brings out the cake and they think they forgot her birthday and start singing. I think that is so funny.

I cannot stand the Lee Iacocca commercials.

AKA2D '91
10-05-2005, 06:45 PM
I LOVE the MasterCard commercial with some of the notables of Products eating dinner (to name a few)
Pillsbury Doughboy
Morton Salt Girl
Charlie the Tuna
Count Chocula
Vlasik (sp) pickle stork
Godon's Fisherman
Jolly Green Giant

It just takes me back to my childhood. :D

Neosoulchild
10-05-2005, 08:36 PM
I like that commercial where the two guys are trying to paint the top of the house so they tie a rope to each other. The smaller one jumps down to paint the top and they both fall. I hope y'all can understand what I'm trying to say. I think it's a commerical for insurance or financial advice or something like that. I think it's funny.

9dstpm
10-05-2005, 09:32 PM
I like the cheeze its commercial where the guy is learning Spanish with his radio and he's repeating the phrases after the guy on the tape says it and then all of a sudden the tape is asking the guy for his cheeze its and when the guy won't give it to him, the radio lunges forward and the guy falls out of his chair, spilling the cheeze its. :p

TonyB06
10-06-2005, 11:38 AM
The commercial where the Black couple are getting married/moving in and all "his" stuff from his previous life is getting thrown out, except for the car insurance (Geico, I think). and she's like "ok, he did something right."

southernelle25
10-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Take it waayyyy back:

I like the one introducing the McDonalds New McDLT, with all the dancing and singing... and the outfits :eek: :o

http://207.44.172.49/06krifxccv/commercials/mcdlt.wmv

pretty edAKAted
10-07-2005, 12:51 AM
I like the new CiCi's Pizza commercials: Its a lot of them. One of them is like this:

The husband looks at the monthly bank statement and asks his wife:

$387.00 in gas for the month and How in the world did you spend 98.80 @ a 97 cent store?

the wife says: Wanna go to CiCi's ?

The husband goes: what just happened here?

Announcer: to get out of a tough situation just ask Wanna go to CiCis to make them forget.

:)

jojapeach
10-11-2005, 06:42 PM
There's a new Washington Mutual Bank commercial.

They introduce a guy who has less than admirable standards. As he passes two kids at a lemonade stand, he points behind them and says, "Look." As they look, he swipes a 25 cent cup of lemonade.

He's then introduced to Washington Mutual where nothing is hidden from him. The employee plays peek-a-boo as she says, "No hidden fees." His life is now changed! Now, he can be honest when a woman at a bar asks his story: "I live at home with my mom, and I've never had a girlfriend." Still honest when arriving late to work during a meeting: "Sorry I'm late. Had a job interview. Aced it!" Honest again when playing Poker with the guys discussing an action flick: "I know! Have you seen "Steel Magnolias"? I was bawling!"

:D :D :D

Angel1856
10-13-2005, 03:12 AM
The Whussup? beer commericals

Office linebacker I can never remember what was advertise

the Pepsi commecrial when this guys goes in this market to buy a deli roasted chicken and chicken start to summo wrestle and the guy pics the one that tosses the other chicken out the deli case.

I like cedric the entertainer beer commericals

Burger King commerical Wake up to the King

Frontline commercial with the puppy singing about not having fleas/ticks anymore.

Princessninabin
10-18-2005, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by AKA2D '91
ALL OF THE Pace PICANTE COMMERCIALS HAVE ME ROLLING!

NEW YORK CITY?

"Get the rope" http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by AKA2D '91 (edited March 19, 2001).] LOL Agreed.

Rain Man
01-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Love this Comcast commercial (click the link for clip).

You'll know why once you see it. :cool:

Comcast Commerical (http://gscentral.net/comcastic.rm)

Obsession8
01-11-2006, 01:55 AM
I like the Capital One commercials, especially the ones with the Vikings. :p

As far as *all time* is concerned, hmmm...I might have to get back witcha on that one. ;)

AKA2D '91
01-11-2006, 10:56 AM
I like the tax commercials with Jack and Jill and the other with Frosty. :D

teena
01-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Soulful Soror
Ok...can I go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY Back??!! Does anybody remember the POSNER commercial that use to come on during Soul Train...I'm talkin' about when Don Cornelius was still hosting??...Anyways, Natalie Cole use to sing the POSNER commercial jingle...she'd say "POOOOSSS-NER! Positively Beautiful"...I always felt like she should've finished it off by saying "POOOOSSS-NER! Positively Beautiful..to MEEEEE!!" (LOL)..Pardon me, I may be very alone in remembering this commercial...but, not nah one a y'all betta ask me how old I am!

On a slightly different note...remember those School House Rock episodes? I have a few on tape...My favorites were "Suffering until Suffrage" & my FOREVER FAV-O-RITE was the one for the VERB...."that's what's happenin'"....when I play that tape of the VERB (which I do from time to time), I often times tear up...remember the good times back in the day!

I think I'll go play it right now...let me grab some kleenex! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

I remember the Posner commercial. Her hair was gorgeous in the commercial.

Speaking of School House rock.....Do you remember the one about the Bill trying to become a law? ~~~I'm just a bill, something something something ~~~on Capital Hill.

lil_sunshine
01-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by lil_sunshine
I love that commercial. The other colors that the kids came up with in the original were stucco and ecru. :D I also love the first Geico commercial with the gecko. He said, "I'm a gecko, not to be confused with Geico, which could save you hundreds on car insurance. So stop calling me!" I also like the Budweiser commercials with the black guys saying, "Whhaaasssssuuuuuupppppp!!!!!!!" :D and the frogs saying, "Bud-weis-er." :D I can't believe this is my very first post!!!!!!!! FOUR YEARS AND THREE MONTHS AGO EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :D I can't believe it's been that long!!!

teena
01-11-2006, 01:11 PM
I love the T Mobile commerical where the AA guy is tied to a chair and CA man is standing overhim menacingly saying "You will talk". He's trying to get the tied up guy to tell him something. He takes the tied up guys cell phone and starts making calls during peak hours. He calls his daughter and reads her a bedtime story. When he calls the DMV the tied up guy screams out in total agony. Later, tied up guy hops over to some lady that is explaining T mobile calling plan. He's still tied up.

I love the cereal commercials (some type of bran flakes) where the one guy wants to fire another guy. But the guy to be fired cant hear him because he is crunching his cereal to loudly.

I saw this in another post and I hate the Burger King commercial too. The oversided mascot is peaking in windows, staring uncomfortably at people not saying anything, but hands out burgers. Weird. I would take a burger from someone who just stared at me and didnt say anything. I would run.

nikki1920
01-11-2006, 01:44 PM
My favorite commercial now is the Sprint commercial with the guys in the office dancing to "Push it". :p

ladylike
01-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by nikki1920
My favorite commercial now is the Sprint commercial with the guys in the office dancing to "Push it". :p

I crack up every time I see that commercial. I feel the urge to dance along. :o :p

pretty edAKAted
01-11-2006, 03:12 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by nikki1920
My favorite commercial now is the Sprint commercial with the guys in the office dancing to "Push it".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by ladylike
I crack up every time I see that commercial. I feel the urge to dance along. :o :p

I love that commercial too!:D

Ideal08
01-11-2008, 05:04 PM
I love the whopper freak-out commercials. The black dude crackin' his neck is hilarious.

I LOVE the Subway commercial where the girl asks what comes with the burger combo, dude lists all this negative stuff, and she's like, "Can I get that without the loss of self-esteem?" Her facial expression is funny to me.

The Pampers/Cheerios commercial where the baby finally says Da-Da.

The AT&T commercial where the little girl puts her stuffed monkey in her dad's briefcase and he takes pics with it. Not only is it cute, but the "bars" in the background throughout the commercial is good marketing.

nikki1920
01-11-2008, 05:44 PM
it took me a few times to see the bars.. I just thought the bear was cute.. lol.

Ideal08
01-11-2008, 06:14 PM
it took me a few times to see the bars.. I just thought the bear was cute.. lol.

Girl, me too!!!! Now it's all I see, the pens, the bread, the monkey bars, the trees...

AKA_Monet
01-11-2008, 06:41 PM
I like that commercial were the pudgy salesman tells the WWE wrestler "no" on his insurance and says he is coming for him. When the WWE finds the pudgy guy who runs down the hall like a little beyotch--"I'm coming for YOU!!!"

EchoGyrl
01-11-2008, 07:07 PM
I love the (I think its) Tide commercial where the father is laying on the bed sleeping with a white T-shirt on and as the camera pans, his son is there laying on him. In my "pre-mommy" years, I envisioned that as my husband and son "if I ever had one". A few months ago, I walked into the bedroom to see my husband and 1-year old son sleeping in that exact pose with white T-shirts on and ran to get my camera...it brought me to tears.

keytaaka2007
01-11-2008, 07:53 PM
My favorite commercial right now is the one for the loan and the boy looks in the refrigerator and sees his roommate's anatomy project and he starts screamin lik a lil girl!! I love it!!

StarFish106
01-14-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm into Nuggets y'all
I'm into Nuggets y'all
I'm into Nuggets y'all

McNuggets
McNuggets Rock!
McNuggets
McNuggets Rock

Ketchup and May-o, Ketchup and May-o!

for some reason, this mess makes me laugh and I haven't had Mickey D's in years:D

DivineDiva47
01-14-2008, 11:23 AM
I like the one where the lady walks into the wrong bathroom in the airpot...and when she gets her contacts in right there's a guy standing behind her (LOL). I crack up everytime I see it! I guess because I have "almost" walked into my fair share of men's room by mistake...LOL!:D