PDA

View Full Version : Updates.... anyone?

SAEalumnus
11-15-2003, 06:28 PM
Does anyone have any updates on how their chapter is doing?
Please share! :)

AAgammagirl
12-15-2003, 08:08 PM
do you know whatever happened to your chapter at the University of Western Ontario in London, ON, Canada?
the chapter house is down the street from mine, all boarded up with broken windows and graffiti. it's sad.
do you think you will ever recolonize there?
:confused:

SoonerSAE
12-16-2003, 02:30 PM
SAE at Okla Univ is doing very well. We won the Zeal a couple years back and have been getting better ever since. We have about 150 actives and the pledge classes are getting stronger as we go. We have only been back on campus since 1994, but we are picking up where we left off.

CC1GC
12-16-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by AAgammagirl
do you know whatever happened to your chapter at the University of Western Ontario in London, ON, Canada?
the chapter house is down the street from mine, all boarded up with broken windows and graffiti. it's sad.
do you think you will ever recolonize there?
:confused:

Ontario Alpha got closed because they owed H.Q. like 10 grand from deadbeat brothers. It's too bad, they were solid guys and the only Canadian chapter.

fingerbang
12-21-2003, 04:44 AM
we are doing awesome.......phi alpha from Cal Theta SDSU

Firehouse
12-21-2003, 06:07 PM
The SAE's here are operating off campus as The Lion's Club. Good guys, as always. Wish you'd talk your national office into reinstating them. SAE has always been good here, and they have support fro the rest of us Greeks.

SAEalumnus
12-23-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Firehouse
The SAE's here are operating off campus as The Lion's Club. Good guys, as always. Wish you'd talk your national office into reinstating them. SAE has always been good here, and they have support fro the rest of us Greeks.

Florida State is a large enough university that I think the national office will definitely recolonize at some point in the future. The problem is the reason for which a chapter gets shut down will have a lot to do with how long that process takes. Most chapters get their charters pulled for risk (mis-)management issues, in which case National won't recolonize until after every current undergraduate member has graduated (usually 4-5 years). I don't know the reason for Florida State's SAE chapter closure, but if that's the reason, it may be a little while before they return. On the other hand, if they're operating sub rosa, they might have some sense of continuity when the chapter is recolonized. We'll have to see.

Firehouse
12-24-2003, 07:36 AM
The chapter was dismissed for hazing, which is unfortunate. But a lot of us have good friends who are SAE and we see the anger and hurt feelings among alumni. Evidently they tried to approach national at a convention in Orlando a year or so ago and were rebuffed pretty strongly, and they felt, rudely. We alumni from Pike, Lambda Chi, ATO, Phi Delt, etc are prepared to petition alongside SAE on their behalf when the opportunity presents. I have no doubt that they will come back strong here, continuity or no. The local chapter has an excellent history with fine, dedicated alumni.

fingerbang
12-26-2003, 04:07 AM
sae alumnus -what chapter are you from?

SAEalumnus
12-31-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by fingerbang
sae alumnus -what chapter are you from?

Answered in a PM.

Phi Alpha

djm1856
03-13-2004, 06:03 PM
Our Chapter is starting to take shape. After being a colony for 2 and a half years we are now just over a year old as a chapter. We have had a tough time competing with the other established groups on a small campus in terms of recruitment but we finally have the right guys in charge of that and are headed in a good direction. We should be at about 55 or 60 in the fall.

Phi Alpha