PDA

View Full Version : Tell your Story!

Kilo
11-05-2003, 05:28 PM
Brothers,
So I must check this website almost every other day and I never see any new posts so I figured, why not try and get something going. So I am asking for you to tell us why YOU went Delt Sig. Your thoughts about your pledge period and what you liked and disliked about it. Your feelings about Initiation. Your favorite event that your Chapter does or did. Just talk on this because I think a lot of brothers do use this website but we don't utilize our section in communicating with each other. SO TELL YOUR STORY!!!!

YITBOS
Scott "Kilo" Clark
Delta Sigma Phi
Grand Valley State University-Epsilon Tau

Lamp Guard
11-07-2003, 01:45 PM
I had decided not to pledge in the fall because of some work committments. After I said "no", the guys were real good about keeping in touch with me and doing things like inviting me to dinner. It was clear these guys could be my friends before they become my brothers. I pledged the next spring.

Initiation was done poorly. I felt like the initiated members were not real thrilled about doing it and didn't take it seriously. It was a little dissapointing. I've had more positive experiences with the ritual since my ceremony.

Rock Knobbster
11-11-2003, 06:17 PM
Nice thought Kilo. My late mother wanted me to go through formal rush in Fall 1983, but I had no interest in joining a fraternity--it wasn't for me. My girlfriend at the time was working with two Delta Sigs and she mentioned I had just started at San Jose State. They invited us to a party and made her feel VERY obligated to come.

I can still remember walking down the street and seeing the huge crowd at the house. I turned around and started walking back to the car, complaining it was too crowded and I didn't want to go. She begged me to turn around and just go in to say "hi" to her coworkers. So, we did.

I met a lot of great guys that night and after four hours I was asked to pledge. That is one of the best decisions I ever made. Twenty years later, I remain devoted to Delta Sigma Phi and committed to seeing our fraternity reach its full potential.

ptdsp02
11-25-2003, 10:42 PM
So here's a funny story that happend last night to me in Troy, MO.( pop 7,000) Im home for thanksgiving break for the week.

So Im getting in my car to leave walmart and I start to pull out and turn around to look at this guy who was staring at my car. He makes a hand gesture near his face and I didnt really think anything of it so I go back to driving. The I do a double-take and realize he's impling that he's a delta sig.

So of course I turn around and we talk for a lil while. He had seen the sticker on my car. He is a brother from my chapter at the University Of Missouri-Columbia from the early 90s.

Turns out his mom lives like 3-4 houses away from me on the same street. What a small world.

-PT