DPhiEAngel
10-20-2003, 07:45 PM
I am so sad to announce the Delta Rho chapter at Cornell is closing :(

mnmsgrl
10-21-2003, 07:27 AM
why?...if i may ask....

pirepresent
10-22-2003, 10:05 AM
I just wanted to say I'm sorry to you guys... I met many of your sisters when I visited Cornell during expansion weekend, and they were wonderful women. I was really really hoping that things would go well for them this year.

Good luck to the Delta Rho chapter in the future, and my thoughts are with your sisters :(

AOcutiePi2002
10-23-2003, 12:03 AM
To all the Ladies of Delta Phi Epsilon,

As a fellow member of the Cornell greek system, I am very sad to here about the closing of the Delta Rho Chapter here. I have met a lot of excellent women from there that I know you would all be proud to call sisters, as I am proud to have been able to call them friends both in and outside the bonds of greek life.

It is a sad day for all of us here, and we will always remember their contributions to campus.

Greek love,

Lacey

shadokat
10-23-2003, 02:30 PM
Isn't or didn't cornell just add another sorority to their campus??

greeklawgirl
10-23-2003, 02:34 PM
Sorry to crash your board, ladies, but I wanted to express how sad I am to hear of the chapter's closing. I hate to hear about things like this. :(

Shadokat, Alpha Xi Delta was chosen to colonize at Cornell recently. However, with Delta Phi Epsilon and Chi Omega choosing to resolve their chapters within 1 year, I think Cornell's Panhellenic needs to take a good hard look at what is happening on their campus. Something's not right.

33girl
10-23-2003, 02:55 PM
this is sucky. :(

hopefully they can recolonize soon.

LPIDelta
10-23-2003, 10:39 PM
As someone involved with the Delta Rho reorganization, I am saddened by the closing.

I thank Greeklawgirl for her astute observation.

Heather

shadokat
10-24-2003, 10:34 AM
Thanks greeklawgrl! I was thinking the exact same thing. I sorta thought, "what about taking care of your own first", but who knows...I'm not there. Heather17, I agree...it's sad.

breathesgelatin
10-24-2003, 04:28 PM
I just wanted to stop by and give my sympathy... :( This is a really sad/confusing situation.

Peaches-n-Cream
10-25-2003, 11:14 PM
Is this definite? I wish the sisters and alumnae from Delta Rho the best whatever happens.